Turn on thread page Beta

Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    Fingers on right mouse buttons. Neg in 3... 2... 1...

AFI are subheadlining with Lostprophets too. Kinda annoyed by that, given I'll probably be [strike]suffering through Bloc Party[/i] camping the front of the Main Stage ready for Radiohead (:love:). There's pretty much bugger-all else been announced for the NME that I wanna see.

There'd best be some decent comedy on during the day too. Chances of Stephen Lynch? Few I bet
    I pitty you..

ReputationRep:
    or do you just get a hacky look for being a minger ha?
    fortunately i can get mine on and off my wrist (with my insanely slim hands)
    but do you actually get anything
    a few people have said you get some alcohol, others have said nothing?

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Tis a myth.

ReputationRep:
    i don't understand why people believe the myth, they must realise when for example at 08, no one with a 07 band got anything etc.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people wearing them, and i'd rather take it off and not be scummy than see if, in a years time, I get free booze.

ReputationRep:
    how is it scummy to have your wristband on, it gets washed when you do.....

ReputationRep:
    i can see what you are saying
    but i just wondered
    tbf last year was my first time going, and i can take mine off
    so im not quite as filthy as all t'rest

ReputationRep:
    Ha no you don't get anything. I have no idea why people keep the wristbands on for eternity, it's pretty gross.

I remember hearing the rumour that you got free entry for the next year as well.

ReputationRep:
    Get some soap in the shower and rub it on! it works a treat, not skanky at all, mine are all clean

I still have my 2006, 07 and 08 in the hope i will get free booze, alas i have nothing

ReputationRep:
    would be pretty awesome if you did get free booze of free entry like
    nvm tho eh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jemma1389)
    Ha no you don't get anything. I have no idea why people keep the wristbands on for eternity, it's pretty gross.
    Yeah I don't get it either. Don't see the point in showing off you went to a festival that about 80,000 other people went to aswell. But then I hate wearing stuff round my wrists so maybe i'll never get it...

ReputationRep:
    I just got my day ticket for reading so i'll be suffering through bloc party too (although i will make an attempt to start liking their music more before the festival) for radiohead! £80 better be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    suffering?! :eek:
    what is this madness!

ReputationRep:
    There'd best be some decent comedy on during the day too. Chances of Stephen Lynch? Few I bet
    "Why dont you bowl your balls into my mouth"

Yes, he was quality last year.

ReputationRep:
    I'l die if they have an amazin' comedy act headlinin' like Ricky Gervais, Bill Bailey, Michael Macintyre, Jack Dee etc, cos il be watchin the headlinin' bands, and i'll miss 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    I'l die if they have an amazin' comedy act headlinin' like Ricky Gervais, Bill Bailey, Michael Macintyre, Jack Dee etc, cos il be watchin the headlinin' bands, and i'll miss 'em.
    They won't... they tend to stick to American/Australian comedians who aren't that well known over here, or less famous (or not at all) British comedians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    They won't... they tend to stick to American/Australian comedians who aren't that well known over here, or less famous (or not at all) British comedians.
    That's ok then, didn't wanna feel that I was missing out on anyting whilst watchin' bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    That's ok then, didn't wanna feel that I was missing out on anyting whilst watchin' bands.
    Seeing as Michael McIntyre was there last year, as was Phil Juppitus and the year before had Simon Amstell and Ed Byrne, I wouldn't exactly believe him.

However, the alternative stage has very different timings to the music stages and the headliners are generally on during the afternoon rather than late on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossg)
    You'll probably be looking at smaller acts than the above. I wouldn't completely exclude Bill Bailey I s'pose, but... No, it just won't happen. I remember seeing Simon Amstell and Ed Byrne headline back in 2007 - expect that kind of level.

The comedy headliners are usually on at about 3pm, so you definitely won't be missing the high-end bands in the evening. IIRC they turn the comedy tent into something else at night. Can't rememebr what though.

Stephen Lynch played last year!? Can someone PLEASE get him back? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably be looking at smaller acts than the above. I wouldn't completely exclude Bill Bailey I s'pose, but... No, it just won't happen. I remember seeing Simon Amstell and Ed Byrne headline back in 2007 - expect that kind of level.

The comedy headliners are usually on at about 3pm, so you definitely won't be missing the high-end bands in the evening. IIRC they turn the comedy tent into something else at night. Can't rememebr what though.

Stephen Lynch played last year!? Can someone PLEASE get him back? :puppyeyes:
    Thanks, I wasn't aware the headliners were on that early.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.