12.5%
BS (70)
87.5%
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think people forget Taylor is only 19 so to have some eejit do that to her when she was obviously kinda nervous as it was is just plain stupid.

Never liked Kanye. Massively overrated. Anyone who proclaims himself the "new" king of pop so soon after MJ's passing is an ignorant, self-centered pile of faeces.

Beyonce's video was good, but as I love Country music I feel I side very firmly with Taylor.
Peachesishere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by areusureaboutthat)
this has nothing to do with race
Areyousureaboutthat?

I think it does. He is a b*stard. How a prick like that can be allowed to have such a high influence of people i honestly don't know. It seems like he's been praised all his life, been told basically he's god. From what I can see he needs a good spanking. :shifty:
eddymaine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Antonia87)
I doubt Kanye West would risk sacrificing his own popularity in order to secure that of a younger, less well known newcomer. Looked pretty genuine to me.
Many people thought that he was arrogant etc before this happened so really he hasn't scarificed any popularity and has gained lots of media coverage for this stunt. Same applies to beyonce and taylor swift. The way beyonce gave her the mic when beyonce won an award makes it seem so clearly set up.

It's not the first time somthing like this happened .... emineme/bruno... madonna/britney Alot of the stunts that occur at these award shows are scripted.

Despite this i still like kanye west but maybe that's because i cannot stand taylor swift and her music. People call him arrogant but it's far less annoying than overly modest celebrities and in the long run he does have plenty to be arrogant about.
fashionista91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What a complete ****.
seanyboy501
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Peachesishere)
Areyousureaboutthat?

I think it does. He is a b*stard. How a prick like that can be allowed to have such a high influence of people i honestly don't know. It seems like he's been praised all his life, been told basically he's god. From what I can see he needs a good spanking. :shifty:
nothing in your answer was related to race whatsoever.

However I do agree that some musicians are egomaniacs. Yet how can we be suprised when their fan base worships them.
Mikey Smalls
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by areusureaboutthat)
yep. i also think she wouldn't be too happy about his relationship with amber rose.
why not? what wrong with her?
Mikey Smalls
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Kanye just vasely increased his 'Hater' List.
headunderwater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aww, Taylor.

Prick.
pocketfulofposy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I got to high school this morning, it's what everyone was talking about, and pretty much everyone is Team Taylor.

Taylor's music isn't what I usually listen to, but last year she did a small set at a local radio station, and there 50 pairs of tickets to win. My friend won a pair of them, and asked me to go, as she knew I was the most likely out of our group of friends to agree to go. I have to say, I was very impressed with Taylor's music and her voice was incredible, she really is talented. Not to mention the fact she was very sweet, and genuinely so, that really came across. I became a fan there and then.

Kanye is a ****.

I don't think it was a set up, Taylor seemed genuinely humiliated. You could tell the Bruno/Eminem thing at the MTV Movie Awards was a set up, this seemed very real though.
yoyo462001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dunniah)
what an ***hole...i actually have lost all respect for him. i used to love him and went to his concert when he was in dublin but not anymore...
if the jonas brothers did that to jay-z and said about another white person there would be a whole uproar from all the blacks...

he's only getting away with it because he's black and no white person will stand up to him or else THEY will be called racist.

so rude. that poor girl. i woulda smacked him with the mic :yep:
Why do you have to bring race into this, hes an idiot and thats the end of. please lets not start talking about races when we all know its got nothing to do with it.
Peachesishere
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by seanyboy501)
nothing in your answer was related to race whatsoever.

However I do agree that some musicians are egomaniacs. Yet how can we be suprised when their fan base worships them.
My answer wasn't spuppost to be related to race. :confused: Just because I contradicted somone, that doesn't mean I have to constantly back it up :o:
xxAFFxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just lost ALL respect for him. That is lower than low - i mean how can a 33 year old grown man do that do a 19 year old girl - i mean seriously.
I mean i thought he was an ok guy with the whole 'bush dont care about black people' because i gave him enough respect for doing that on live TV and thought highly of him and his music (his lyrics are quite good, and some of the topics he tackles) But that just took the biscuit seriously no respect at all - go pick on some one your own level (and height lol) next time - douchbag!!!!
Gaara.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by flying twig)
he's done something like this before when he lost an award to some country singer

he must just really hate country music
You think? :rolleyes:
enigma373
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the guy walked the red carpet with henny in one hand, what ya expect?
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
least beyonce gave her the chance to finish that was nice
Craig_D
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow ... he's a nob.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by spl00sh)
his apology is laced with dickness too

"I'M SOOOOO SORRY TO TAYLOR SWIFT AND HER FANS AND HER MOM. I SPOKE TO HER MOTHER RIGHT AFTER AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING MY MOTHER WOULD'VE SAID. SHE IS VERY TALENTED! I LIKE THE LYRICS ABOUT BEING A CHEERLEADER AND SHE'S IN THE BLEACHERS! …………………… I'M IN THE WRONG FOR GOING ON STAGE AND TAKING AWAY FROM HER MOMENT!…………….. BEYONCE'S VIDEO WAS THE BEST OF THIS DECADE!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FANS IF I LET YOU GUYS DOWN!!!! I'M SORRY TO MY FRIENDS AT MTV. I WILL APOLOGIZE TO TAYLOR 2MRW. WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!! EVERYBODY WANNA BOOOOO ME BUT I'M A FAN OF REAL POP CULTURE!!! NO DISRESPECT BUT WE WATCHIN' THE SHOW AT THE CRIB RIGHT NOW CAUSE … WELL YOU KNOW!!!! I'M STILL HAPPY FOR TAYLOR!!!! BOOOYAAAWWWW!!!! YOU ARE VERY VERY TALENTED!!! I GAVE MY AWARDS TO OUTKAST WHEN THEY DESERVED IT OVER ME… THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!!!!!! I'M NOT CRAZY YALL, I'M JUST REAL. SORRY FOR THAT!!! I REALLY FEEL BAD FOR TAYLOR AND I'M SINCERELY SORRY!!! MUCH RESPECT!!!!!
How pathetic. Does he have any fans past puberty!
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He makes some good music.
But man, he's such a ******* ****.
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've actually lost all respect for him. This was totally out of line... the first time Taylor gets a well deserved award and her moment of glory is pretty much snatched, no one deserves such humiliation on live tv.

His apology wasn't exactly great either.
Cultivated
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kittennffc)
He is an absolute prick! He is so racist it's unbelievable - if it was Beyonce or Rhianna up there he wouldn't have said anything, yet because a 'typical' white American country singer got the recognition she deserves he takes the limelight away from her. The poor kid is only about 16 and probably never thought she'd win an award - how much has Beyonce won?! How successful is she?! He really didn't need to do it and put the attention on someone who is already a multi-million selling artist. Absolutely unbelievable.
I don't think it's about Kanye being racist, I think the issue is Kanye being an ignorant, self-absorbed, absolute ******* prick.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads