Why won't my mum let me sleep with him?! Watch

KJS1988
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HadrianH)
Why would you tell your mum, anyway? If you want to do it, do it, it doesn't matter whether she objects; and if you appreciate her opinion, and go by it, then you wouldn't be posting this thread.
What he said :yep: .
ChaoticMaster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Special_K)
It's the same with me, my parents won't let my boyfriend stay over so I stay there loads. It's cuz she doesn't want you to have sex so soon, and she's worried he's taking advantage...maybe.

And whoever said get a CRB check done, shut up, you know nothing about their relationship or dynamic. Grr.
He was obviously taking the piss out of the latests government master plan.

OP my friends my is the same. She was very sceptical about me staying over last night and the only reason it happened was because her mum didn't realise I was staying until it was too late to do anything about it and even then she tried to get her daughter to sleep in her room. Some parents just don't like their daughter to have a guy stay in the same bed as them weather their going out or not.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticMaster)
Some parents just don't like their daughter to have a guy stay in the same bed as them weather their going out or not.
She never objected with my last bf.
carcinoma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What do you know? :rofl:

Yea, he could get someone his own age, but by the looks of things he chose not to. Not like i'm stopping him, what's keeping him from dumping me if it's so much of a big deal, like people seem to think it is.

Not much lol

It is true most 21+ yr olds dont.

That said i know alot of 21+ who do, including a 27yr old.

If depends on what the persons personality is like.

But none of them are there for the long term, hope it works out for you.

although i dint ask, Where do you see this relationship going?

(the answer for me with mine is i don't see it going anywhere
But im not one to plant for the future all i know is that the girl i stay long term with i wont meet till my mid 20s. for sure. the earliest.

But men dont like to commit.)
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by vas876)
Any when mummy is not home. (make sure she dosent find out, it dont go down well)
Not always true - like I said I'm sure my parents know me and my bf have sex in their house - but they still adore him - cos I guess they got to know him a bit first, and he's nice and makes an effort to talk to them and takes part in family activities as well.

They're also liberal - have told me (before the bf) that they don't mind me having sex as long as the guy cares about me and the sex is safe.
Gallabay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Anon or delete, I know people on here.)

I recently got a new boyfriend who my parents haven't met. I've been dating him about a month. When I first went to meet him I stayed over at his place on the first date, my mum let me, she didn't kick up a fuss and told me I was my choice as I was old enough.

I asked her tonight if he could come and sleep over at my house and she said ''No''. When I asked her why she said ''I don't feel comfortable and I don't know him. You barely know him.''She let me sleep at his when she didn't even know the address and had never met him yet when it comes to my own house she won't? I said to her ''Surely you'd prefer knowing I was at home rather than off somewhere else?'' and she got so angry at me. I don't think the reason she gave is even a proper reason!

What is the logic behind this? Someone please explain as I cannot get my head around it. She is usually such a relaxed parent, letting me do what I want and then with this she's being completely weird.

I'm not underage, I'm 17 (18 soon enough) and my boyfriend is 22! I think it's ridiculous!

Why is she doing this?
You sound pretty petulant if im honest - Ive been with my girlfriend a year and neither of my parents are 100% comfortable with us sleeping together in the same bed at our house, her parents are okay with it i believe. At the end of the day, its her house, and you should respect it even if you don't understand it. I get it, i wouldn't want a stranger banging my daughter in the house i pay for. Totally not on. If he wants to stop over, bring him over to be met first, ease your parents in gently.

Also, a FIVE YEAR age gap? At your age, thats pretty massive...also, does no one else think its a bit creepy?
veggie4life
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
he's five years older than you. your mum is just doing the decent thing.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gallabay)

Also, a FIVE YEAR age gap? At your age, thats pretty massive...
I've heard it all before, thanks.

And - I accept it, I just didn't understand her reasons or agree, that is all.
carcinoma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not always true - like I said I'm sure my parents know me and my bf have sex in their house - but they still adore him - cos I guess they got to know him a bit first, and he's nice and makes an effort to talk to them and takes part in family activities as well.

They're also liberal - have told me (before the bf) that they don't mind me having sex as long as the guy cares about me and the sex is safe.
Ofcourse if your parents are liberal and are ok with it.

No matter how liberal, i still dont understand why youd wnat to.

+ Car sex is more exciting?
Anonymous #1

I think you're confusing me with #2.

I'm constantly subjected to her ****ing every single night of the week, so that me and my siblings can hear it. I don't see why I should have to hold back. I think it's worse hearing your parents at it than it is for me to hear us at it.
carcinoma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think you're confusing me with #2.

I'm constantly subjected to her ****ing every single night of the week, so that me and my siblings can hear it. I don't see why I should have to hold back. I think it's worse hearing your parents at it than it is for me to hear us at it.
its cos the forum cant quote anon 1 and annon 2 excet.
Nfixlol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im baft.

What did i miss?
it's the creepiness rule :yes:

she needs to be at least \frac{his age}{2} + 7 for it not to be creepy

(which she isn't :p:)
carcinoma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nfixlol)

an 80 yr old with a 47 yr old ALLOW!!

LOL
ChaoticMaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
She never objected with my last bf.
Could be age difference. Something one of her friends have said about it. Something your dad has said. She may just of changed her mind or maybe she just thinks its too early. (I would use comma's but the button is being annoying)
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago

Lol I wish.. but car sex could only involve one of our parents cars anyway :P tbh I'm sure they'd prefer it in the house.. sheets can be washed.

Course I'd much much rather my parents (or anyone) weren't within earshot but I'd rather have embarrassing sex than none at all :P And they don't really make it that awkward - they're too embarrassed to ever mention it as am I so everyone acts as though we don't have sex, and they get on with him really well anyway

Going to uni soon then I'll have a room of my own yay (but I won't see him for weeks at a time unyay)
Gallabay
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've heard it all before, thanks.

And - I accept it, I just didn't understand her reasons or agree, that is all.
Could just be that she doesn't know the bloke.
carcinoma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Number 2!!
Lol I wish.. but car sex could only involve one of our parents cars anyway :P tbh I'm sure they'd prefer it in the house.. sheets can be washed.

Course I'd much much rather my parents (or anyone) weren't within earshot but I'd rather have embarrassing sex than none at all :P And they don't really make it that awkward - they're too embarrassed to ever mention it as am I so everyone acts as though we don't have sex, and they get on with him really well anyway

Going to uni soon then I'll have a room of my own yay (but I won't see him for weeks at a time unyay)

I cant rep you back, but lol and same with you.

You gonna stay with him at uni? how long you been together?

your parents sound kinda fun, id say parents car sex is worse than sex in parents house. haha
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nfixlol)

(which she isn't :p:)
That rule is a pile of nonsense and the fact that you even think of shows how sad you are. Whether you mean it for a joke or not, your last comment proves you already think its 'creepy.'
amiparanoid
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To the OP: I think your mum's right. If you were really mature enough to be having sex with this guy then you wouldn't be acting so petulant about her not letting him sleep at yours.

You should be grateful you've slept at his in the first place- I certainly wouldn't be letting it happen if it were my house.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Number 2!!

I cant rep you back, but lol and same with you.

You gonna stay with him at uni? how long you been together?

your parents sound kinda fun, id say parents car sex is worse than sex in parents house. haha
Yeah we're sticking at it been together bout six months.

Lol I came to the same conclusion. Haha.. imagine your parents finding you banging in the back of their car cos you didn't wanna offend them by doing it in ur room
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise