Champions League 09/10 Watch

trachimbrod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There really isn't that much difference between Wayne Rooney and Kun Aguero. Aguero has 45 odd goals in 110 ish games for Atletico and Wayne Rooney has 70 ish goals in 170 odd games for United. The goals per game ratios in La Liga and the EPL differ slightly, so give or take they have similar scoring records. Interestingly, if you apply the same reasoning to club career goals as a whole (considering, therefore, Rooney's time at Everton and Aguero's time at Independiente), Aguero is better (he has 23 in 54, Rooney has 15 in 67). Obviously this point is made invalid by the difference of quality in the leagues, but goes to serve the point that comparing teams from different leagues and players from said leagues is all well and good, but making mindless assumptions of which is better is silly.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by predius)
Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid are the two largest teams in Madrid. That is, there is a huge rivalry between Atletico and Real.

Remember how Barcelona fans hated Figo after he left for Real Madrid? At. Madrid selling Agüero (or Forlan, Simao, Maxi Rodriguez or one of the horrible defenders that they have, not that Real would buy anyone other than Aguero or Forlan) would be like if Arsenal sold Fabregas to Tottenham. Even if they could afford it, and offered 200% the price, there is no way the fans would accept selling a key player to one of the oldest rivals.

EDIT: Could anyone help me with a good analogy for the Premier League? Is there a reliable derby like the Madrid derby in Spain or the Milan derby in Italy, where there's actual competition (not like the Barcelona derby, for example, where Espanyol not losing by 3 goals is considered a win)
OK but so what? Did you not read I said the BIGGEST clubs.
xinitoo1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
where have I implied that? Messi plays for one of the worlds best, but he's one of the best around so it kind of makes sense. Are you stupid??!
You implied that a good player must be bought by other teams. Like Ronaldo got bought by madrid for x Millions. So isn't messi another good player who should be bought? no matter in what team he is. you see, some players don't care about money like ronaldo does.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xinitoo1)
An example would be Reyes, who played in madrid and went to At. Madrid. They hate his guts there because he used to play in the rival team and desire his death and remember his family ever match haha. Yeah it's not pretty going from AM to madrid or viceversa.
Oh look, there's another one. Jose Reyes. Another overhyped foreigner who flopped.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I mean top scorer in the european leagues. Which includes premier spanish italian french and all the european leagues.
This just proves that you have NO knowledge whatsoever about football...
do I give a **** what you think? No.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You implied that a good player must be bought by other teams. Like Ronaldo got bought by madrid for x Millions. So isn't messi another good player who should be bought? no matter in what team he is. you see, some players don't care about money like ronaldo does.

errr Barca are one of the biggest clubs are they not?
xinitoo1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
do I give a **** what you think? No.
Well, you dont know what the gold boot thingie is so yeah... you just continue talking rubbish saying that AM sucks just because they had 1 bad game. I bet your just another chelsea/utd fanboy angry at spanish teams because barsa raped you hardcore.
xinitoo1
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
errr Barca are one of the biggest clubs are they not?
are you stupid?
predius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Firstly how many goals is this and secondlt what competition are we talking abuot :rolleyes:
If you weren't a such a 'tard I'd tell you to look it up. But apparently you can't.

Forlan scored 32 goals (more than Eto'o) in La Liga last year. This makes him the top league scorer in Europe, which means he is awarded a special prize! 2007-2008 it was C. Ronaldo's.

I quit. If you can't even do basic research on a league (like who was the top scorer) then you have no room in this debate.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
look i've got better things to do than waste my time with an idiot like you who thinks Man City are rubbish so cheerio. can't wait for that 'thread', the biggest moment in Aguero's life!
xinitoo1
Report 9 years ago
If you weren't a such a 'tard I'd tell you to look it up. But apparently you can't.

Forlan scored 32 goals (more than Eto'o) in La Liga last year. This makes him the top league scorer in Europe, which means he is awarded a special prize! 2007-2008 it was C. Ronaldo's.

I quit. If you can't even do basic research on a league (like who was the top scorer) then you have no room in this debate.
Excellent explanation for the special person haha
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

why do research on a crap league like la liga? i watched valencia against valladolid, the defending for some of the goals were beyond laughable. I don't give a **** if Forlan got 30 odd goals in Spain, what has he done beyond this walkover pisspot league in Spain?
predius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can we make it a rule that you have to watch at least two League games before commenting on a specific league, please?
predius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
why do research on a crap league like la liga? i watched valencia against valladolid, the defending for some of the goals were beyond laughable. I don't give a **** if Forlan got 30 odd goals in Spain, what has he done beyond this walkover pisspot league in Spain?
Win top scorer in Europe twice?
xinitoo1
Report 9 years ago
best midfielder best forward and best player of the past CL, all from spanish league. Now go jack off to your "best of wayne rooney" vids. See ya.
trachimbrod
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Even if they could afford it, and offered 200% the price, there is no way the fans would accept selling a key player to one of the oldest rivals.
Do you think football chairmen care what the fans think? Maybe I'm seeing things through a pair of turd tinted glasses designed by Sam Hammam and Peter Risdale, but if there was enough money on the table for anyone - Fabregas to Tottenham, Higuain to Barca/Atletico, Maicon to AC Milan - the club would accept it. An apt example is Uli Hoeness' statement on the future of Franck Ribery at Bayern Munich. He said* "that under no circumstances would Ribery be sold. Indeed, it would take 120m to take him away from Bayern". Tottenham said they'd never sell Campbell to Arsenal, but they went and did it anyway. The same goes for Barca with Figo and, I'm sure, countless other examples from world football. It only happens because the boards know that the fans will direct their anger at the traitorous, lecherous, sinful transferring players, and not the avaricious board members.

* blatant, shameful paraphrasing. The jist is there though.
predius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by trachimbrod)
Do you think football chairmen care what the fans think? Maybe I'm seeing things through a pair of turd tinted glasses designed by Sam Hammam and Peter Risdale, but if there was enough money on the table for anyone - Fabregas to Tottenham, Higuain to Barca/Atletico, Maicon to AC Milan - the club would accept it. An apt example is Uli Hoeness' statement on the future of Franck Ribery at Bayern Munich. He said* "that under no circumstances would Ribery be sold. Indeed, it would take 120m to take him away from Bayern". Tottenham said they'd never sell Campbell to Arsenal, but they went and did it anyway. The same goes for Barca with Figo and, I'm sure, countless other examples from world football. It only happens because the boards know that the fans will direct their anger at the traitorous, lecherous, sinful transferring players, and not the avaricious board members.

* blatant, shameful paraphrasing. The jist is there though.
Oh, it happens, of course. But the board takes a hit, and the team buying WILL pay a premium.

Cerezo, the At. Madrid chairman is not currently well liked by most fans. If he sold Aguero or Forlan to R. Madrid, he'd probably be the first headless chairman in the history of football.
Lefty_P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:rofl: @ this thread
trachimbrod
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FM08)
Typical elitism from a Premiership fan. Sure Forlan's time at United was hardly fruitful, but that doesn't say everything you need to know about how good he is. Take Veron, for example. He bossed the Serie A when it was at its most respectable, and came to a pretty abject United side and sucked hardest of all. It's a different style of football, and it takes time getting adjusted to it - the problem with the Premiership is that managers, chairmen and fans are so fickle they let good players - Roman Pavluychenko, Andriy Shevchenko - fall into reserve teams without so much as a third or fourth chance. I would say Premiership fans need a lesson in humility by seeing English players fail abroad (Woodgate and Owen spring to mind), but not many dare to leave these isles, because leagues like La Liga, Serie A, Ligue Un, the Bundesliga and the Eredivisie are, believe it or not, of a high standard.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm not a prem fan for starters.

coming from a bahdiff fan, you're in no position to speak.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed