PwC summer internship 2010 Watch

tbtommyb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
I have a telephone interview coming up for the assurance summer internship program and I was wondering if anybody knows what kind of questions they ask or if you have any other tips to give for it.
Lots of competency, why PwC, why assurance, what do you think we do, what challenges will you face, etc. etc. Kind of standard competency interview.
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tbtommyb)
Lots of competency, why PwC, why assurance, what do you think we do, what challenges will you face, etc. etc. Kind of standard competency interview.
So nothing too surprising or out of the ordinary? Thank you for your help.
Do they have some kind of commercial awareness question as well?
tbtommyb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So nothing too surprising or out of the ordinary? Thank you for your help.
Do they have some kind of commercial awareness question as well?
Not really. Though some of the competency questions were kind of specific. So instead of having 'tell me of a time you solved a difficult problem' it would be something like 'tell me of a time you solved a difficult problem at short notice' or something like that. I think I made a post a bit further up giving some of the questions I got. I failed the interview though, so maybe my advice isn't great.
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not really. Though some of the competency questions were kind of specific. So instead of having 'tell me of a time you solved a difficult problem' it would be something like 'tell me of a time you solved a difficult problem at short notice' or something like that. I think I made a post a bit further up giving some of the questions I got. I failed the interview though, so maybe my advice isn't great.
Thanks. I found your post and it is very helpful.

Good luck with finding an alternate internship!
smh27_2008
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I had a small amount of commercial awareness in my first interview. I was asked to talk about a recent business article I'd read that had interested me.
Good luck!
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just had my interview some time ago:
Lasted about 25 minutes, a lot of questions were about PWC, the different service lines, how they add value to clients and the ACA qualification. A bit of competency about how I worked in a team and what challenges I faced and also commercial awareness where I talked about a recent business article.
I personally thought I stumbled and mumbled a lot and didn't talk as fluently as I could have but I just got my invitation to an assessment center so it seems I did well enough.
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
anyone who recently been able to find any interview slots with PWC ?

I applied for PWC assurance graduate 10 intake. They emailed me after on line tests saying i've proceeded to next stage. But nothing is yet coming up on my web account to book an interview.
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
Just had my interview some time ago:
Lasted about 25 minutes, a lot of questions were about PWC, the different service lines, how they add value to clients and the ACA qualification. A bit of competency about how I worked in a team and what challenges I faced and also commercial awareness where I talked about a recent business article.
I personally thought I stumbled and mumbled a lot and didn't talk as fluently as I could have but I just got my invitation to an assessment center so it seems I did well enough.

Congrats! good job
tbtommyb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Forbidden1022)
anyone who recently been able to find any interview slots with PWC ?

I applied for PWC assurance graduate 10 intake. They emailed me after on line tests saying i've proceeded to next stage. But nothing is yet coming up on my web account to book an interview.
How long have you been waiting? They said I'd have a task in my account but it took a few hours after the email for it to appear.
Forbidden1022
Report 9 years ago
How long have you been waiting? They said I'd have a task in my account but it took a few hours after the email for it to appear.

They emailed me 1st Oct? I think. telling that I have passed the online test part. and should hear from a pwc staff shortly. if not, shall contact/email them

i phoned on Thursday. the lady told me she was then actually uploading some interview slots. i should be able to see them in an hour time. I checked after uni, so did yesterday. But nothing happen. i still don't have any task to complete...hope they have sent out the info that i atually do not have a 1st interview
wilma flintstone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
whats the logical test...sequences or shapes?
is non-verbal the same as logical
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wilma flintstone)
whats the logical test...sequences or shapes?
is non-verbal the same as logical
Yes the logical one is finding sequences of shapes.
And I don't get what you mean by non verbal. There are three types of tests:
1) Verbal
2) Numerical
3) "Logical"
Inflation
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey,

how long did it take for pwc to get in contact with you after you sent your app off?
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Inflation)
Hey,

how long did it take for pwc to get in contact with you after you sent your app off?
I think I got my invitation to the online tests a few days after submitting my application. After that however it took them quite a while (I think it was about 2 weeks or so) to get back to me to arrange a telephone interview, then had to wait for that for about 2 weeks and after doing that, I have to wait a month to go to the assessment center. However I was offered some earlier dates later on but was unable to accept them.
wilma flintstone
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes the logical one is finding sequences of shapes.
And I don't get what you mean by non verbal. There are three types of tests:
1) Verbal
2) Numerical
3) "Logical"
I think non-verbal is the same as logical

I did the numerical test...but when I log in it still says I have one task to do- online numerical tests!!!
I'm so confused :confused:
Erm when do u have to do the logical, straight away or do they give u 5 days again?
Inflation
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think I got my invitation to the online tests a few days after submitting my application. After that however it took them quite a while (I think it was about 2 weeks or so) to get back to me to arrange a telephone interview, then had to wait for that for about 2 weeks and after doing that, I have to wait a month to go to the assessment center. However I was offered some earlier dates later on but was unable to accept them.
Ok thanks, I applied 1 week ago, no word yet. for Tax.
miseducated
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys, I submitted my application on Sunday and got invited for a telephone interview yesterday (they say they will contact me soon to arrange it) but I didn't do any online tests or anything. Why is this so?
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by miseducated)
Hey guys, I submitted my application on Sunday and got invited for a telephone interview yesterday (they say they will contact me soon to arrange it) but I didn't do any online tests or anything. Why is this so?
That is strange. The online tests usually come before the interview.

Though then again, I had a phone interview with Deloitte before I did the tests.
LSEactuary
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
...is this for first years at uni or 2nd/3rd years?
teriaki
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LSEactuary)
...is this for first years at uni or 2nd/3rd years?
Summer internships are only for people in their penultimate year of study so in most cases 2nd year people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads