Turn on thread page Beta

175,000 students still with no finance watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redmel1621)
    I give up - I am e-mailing my uni next week to tell them I am leaving, I can't cope anymore.

I keep being told 2wks, 8-10 days etc. etc. but still nothing!! Hopefully I will get the money I am owed for the last terms childcare, I don't even care about anything else, but I owe so much money out and I can't do it anymore.

Just on the off-chance, does anyone know what date the special support team are actually up to?

Mel x
    Last time I spoke to SFE, they said they were processing applications from the begining of September and that was about two weeks ago. I've been told the same thing. Back in the begining of October, I was told that it would only be a few weeks before I would get my money. Its now coming to the end of the first term and still nothing. I know your pain, not knowing when your moneys going to arrive.

ReputationRep:
    I have been phoning weekly, the 2nd to last time I was told 8-10 days, then I phoned a week later and was told could be another couple of weeks, that was on the 25th.

I did mention that it was a 2nd application, as my first was cancelled and he was about to start taking details but I have already been through all that. At one point I was told it had been passedonto a TL and was marked as urgent because they were assessing apps past the date of my initial application, but was then told on a later call that had all been lies and my application was just sat in the normal queue.

After putting the phone down I e-mailed the customer care address, I had e-maileed them 2 weeks previous but had no reply.

tbh - I really am not bothered any more....I really don't think it is worth all this. I am only wondering what date they are up to so I can let my childcare providers know when they can expect some money.

fwiw - The date they received my2nd childcare app was 30th Sept
    Mel x

ReputationRep:
    tbh - I really am not bothered any more....I really don't think it is worth all this. I am only wondering what date they are up to so I can let my childcare providers know when they can expect some money.
    I am disgusted with SFE - they have really screwed up at this first year of taking over the work from local councils and have let an awful lot of students down.

I'm sorry to hear your story Mel and I wish there was something I could do but I simply do not have contact details for any members of the SST.

ReputationRep:
    That's ok, I think you are a wonderful person, being on here advising and re-assuring students...along with some of the other SFE and LEA employees that regularly post and reply to queries.

I have made my decision now anyway and tbh feel calmer for it. I just wish I could turn back time and not have given up my job

Take care

Mel x

ReputationRep:
    Seems i am in the same boat as the other people with the standard 911 payment, still waiting for the rest of my loan and maintenance grant, I have £4.00 left so i hope they sort it out soon. Whenever i phone i just get the usual 2-3 weeks : /

ReputationRep:
    Got my money! was in Saturday as I thought which is lucky as new landlord is being very rude and sending arsey emails as have been there a few weeks and he claims the £100 I sent last week hasnt cleared yet(despite both our banks using faster payments scheme) and Decembers payment is due tommorow and he is acting like I am holding up payment on purpose grrr.

ReputationRep:
    finally getting mine

ReputationRep:
    That's ok, I think you are a wonderful person, being on here advising and re-assuring students...along with some of the other SFE and LEA employees that regularly post and reply to queries.

I have made my decision now anyway and tbh feel calmer for it. I just wish I could turn back time and not have given up my job

Take care

Mel x
    Just to note, it's only LEA staff that post up here. Us mods have a function which allows us to check various bits of information on a poster if we so wish.

Don't be giving the SLC credit for the information posted here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rye225)
    finally getting mine
    Good for you, shame I got mine when I am busy for the next two weeks with assignments and have 3 essays due in just after Christmas so no time to relax and treat myself!

ReputationRep:
    I study in London (away from home) but my loan is only £4800 ish. Does that mean I'm entitled to a grant? I did ask for assessing my household income. Has everyone else got their grant yet? Because my uni bursary is depends on that grant :/

ReputationRep:
    Where are they up to with the grants? I got my basic loan ages ago but there's no sign of any grant!

ReputationRep:
    Beginning of November I think

When did your parents send their financial details up there?

If it was before November I can only imagine it has been lost in the system of they sent the wrong financial information up there

ReputationRep:
    So everyone else here who applied for a grant before November had received it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by at0micsmurf)
    So everyone else here who applied for a grant before November had received it?
    Sorry, my mistake. I think that they are only up to November for new applications (so just the loans)

I do not know what date that the other SFE teams which are working on means-tested grants are up to - I would guess sometime in October but that is a total guess

Perhaps anyone who has had to call SFE this week who is reading this could let us know what date they said they were up to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neo_2009)
    Perhaps anyone who has had to call SFE this week who is reading this could let us know what date they said they were up to
    I applied for my loan in the middle of the summer and still havn't received anything. They lost my passport details twice and have only just finished sorting it out, ive been told i'll get the 1st installment of my loan this next week, i'm not holding out though...

ReputationRep:
    With Financial Details thats parents have sent in I was told were working on the first week of october

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.