Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    IMO, it would be a weak, petty option and you would only end up regretting it later. It is analogous to resorting to drugs, imfho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frieza)
    Because all of the americans I've met have these characteristics in common:

- they overwhelm you with questions
    - they think they are shrinks that can deduct your inner person judging by the way/tone of voice you answer a trivial question
    - are very talkative even if they don't know what the **** they're talking about (I'm not referring to you with this last one)
    - they never listen exept for applying point 2

My stereotype is based on few people, I have to admit. So I'm collecting new data.

Back to the discussion, I have one question for you:
    don't you think you could understand a lot more about a person by simple looking at him in the eyes, or on e.g. how he moves his hands?
    Instead of riddling him with questions that can be answered as he feels like?
    When I'm trying to get to know a guy I do ask a lot of questions...but I don't think I'm a shrink, I am one (in the making at least). I find people fascinating and love trying to figure them out. Although I have heard that it is incredibly American to ask too many questions and ramble in a seemingly meaningless fashion It bothers me but there's not much I can do about it really...

I don't think I can understand more about him based on his physical movements alone but combined with tone of voice and his wording--yes it is certainly the best way to go about it IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Mate you're at uni ..... one night stands are aplenty. Go out with your mates, have some drinks and go for it! It's not going to help your confidence if you pay someone to sleep with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolafifi)
    Aww. Hearing from nice people online is weird to me because I'm convinced they don't exist in real life! (Not anyone I've met anyway...) you're going to make someone very happy. I know this might sound weird actually, but I just have to say it!
    :woo: Lol thanks I guess, well they do exist love somewhere... And yeah maybe one day I will make someone happy, just a matter of time I guess :confused:

Oh and please don't think me of being weird.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    NO!
    LOL great advice again

ReputationRep:
    Why not get a ONS the usual way by going to a club instead if hiring a prostitute?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    This guy has said everything I could. +rep for you!
    Thank you very much (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    Why not get a ONS the usual way by going to a club instead if hiring a prostitute?

Cause it's not that easy. It's actually really hard if you have a minimum standard.

Just notice that everybody talking as having a ONS was a piece of cake is a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallabay)
    I don't think for a second you'll feel better in the long run. What you appear to be after is not just sex, but the affection and sense of attachment that comes with it - none of which you will get from a prostitute for any longer than you pay her. Also, solicitation is a crime, you can get busted for. Not to mention it could be the most uninspiring sex youve ever had, and you waste your money. Pretty sure no girls are gonna go for you if they all find out you like the prozzies :s

If your 'above average' (by the way, did you hit your head on the doorframe today?) in attractiveness, fake it. Its what i do, im riddled with insecurities, but fake it the whole time. works a treat.
    this.

ReputationRep:
    Cause it's not that easy. It's actually really hard if you have a minimum standard.

Just notice that everybody talking as having a ONS was a piece of cake is a girl.
    He did say he was above average looks though so it shouldnt be too hard. It shouldnt be that difficult that he'd have to resort to hiring a prostitute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukmaxi)
    :woo: Lol thanks I guess, well they do exist love somewhere... And yeah maybe one day I will make someone happy, just a matter of time I guess :confused:

Oh and please don't think me of being weird.....
    Why would I think you're being weird! What you're saying is lovely.. and I've said weirder things. One day it will happen for us, but I can't deny until then it doesn't get me down some days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    He did say he was above average looks though so it shouldnt be too hard. It shouldnt be that difficult that he'd have to resort to hiring a prostitute.
    Do you think a **** that does ONS cares about the look?
    You can have ONS if you're like a "clubbing animal"and a "**** tamer". I myself couldn't get a ONS even if I put Brad Pitt's face over mine.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think a **** that does ONS cares about the look?
    You can have ONS if you're like a "clubbing animal"and a "**** tamer". I myself couldn't get a ONS even if I put Brad Pitt's face over mine.
    Thats rubbish. So the only time people who arent 'clubbing animals' can have a ONS is if they hire a prostitute?

ReputationRep:

Not all girls that have a ONS are ugly ****s :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it!

You're only 19!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icn06)
    "Dinner, drinks, and whatever" are not a gaurantee for sex. It is setting up getting to know each other to see if you suit in hopes of entering a long term meaningful relationship.

Paying a hooker to get you off for one night is not the same, and you know it.

A prostitute is at least more honest about the cost. And honest about what they will do for that cost.
    Dinner, drinks or whatever can be a guarantee for sex. Depends if the parties concerned are looking for sex.
    Its not just lads that go out clubbing and looking to pull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icn06)
    If not regret, at least be of the view that he wouldn't do it again...because he is now more mature and realizes that it isn't a good way to live.

Simplest to not mention it then.

ReputationRep:
    just do it

ReputationRep:
    What you lack/need cannot be found in a prostitute. That's why they're prostitutes!! They don't offer anything other than the sex. They think of $$$ the whole time they're doing you/you're doing them. Nothing intimate about that!

And I may not know you, but I'm sure you're beyond paying for sex. I don't think you need it's necessary to be honest, you'd just feel more empty and numb afterwords. So don't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolafifi)
    Why would I think you're being weird! What you're saying is lovely.. and I've said weirder things. One day it will happen for us, but I can't deny until then it doesn't get me down some days!
    I know precisely how you feel, I'm nearly 22 and in the same position, and only now have I met someone for the first time that may be interested in me, although we'll have to see how it goes, although even that in itself feels like winning the lottery, so somebody who had never attracted anyone for their whole life can do it, anyone can.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.