Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I decided to apply for Sussex to study Psychology! I hope they let me in!

And congratulations to tiana_s for your unconditional! Great!

Hey

Have a conditional at Sussex for Geography L700 :yay:

ReputationRep:
    Got my Offer for MChem Chemistry - ABB!!

Can I ask any students at Sussex already what the cuts mean for typical students?

I've heard about them, but are they going to significantly affect student life and academics there?

ReputationRep:
    thanks ebenia. good luck!

University of Sussex - Unconditional Offer
    University of Kent - offer
    University of Liverpool - waiting
    University of Newcastle - waiting

ReputationRep:
    Graduate
    Masters in Developmental Cell Biology
    Offer~!

Anyone else have similar plans as me?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,
    Congrats to all those who got the offer from sussex. Even i have applied for MA - Development Studies.

I would like to know within how many days (after submitting ur application wid all the docs) did u guys get to hear abt ur results??

I am curious, it's been over a month and I haven't heard from them.

Thnx,
    Prateek

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm. Have to now find a way to get my lazy ass to Sussex for an open day XD

ReputationRep:
    offer for Psychology- AAB or A*BB

ReputationRep:
    Law LLB
    Predicted: ABB
    Offer: A*BB or AAB.
    EEK, revision needed.

I havent visited yet but it looks really nice.
    Visiting on the 20th march

ReputationRep:
    Anyone visiting Sussex for an admissions/open day on Saturday 16th Jan?

ReputationRep:
    have applied for biochemistry...not heard anything yet, not even an acknowledgement! do sussex not acknowledge?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caffee)
    I had offers from Edinburgh and Manchester for my course and chose Sussex :dontknow: I liked it best, I wasn't bothered about which was more prestigious. Manchester is a horrible university anyway.
    thanks i felt a bit bad when she said that, sussex is my favourite! how come manchester is a horrible uni? i only had a brief look round. what are you hoping to study?

ReputationRep:
    I had offers from Edinburgh and Manchester for my course and chose Sussex :dontknow: I liked it best, I wasn't bothered about which was more prestigious. Manchester is a horrible university anyway.
    I have an interview at Manchester so will be going there soon, why do you think it's horrible? Just wondering.. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer a while back for BBB or BBC for BSc Chemistry, which I am more than pleased with as the faculty staff are amazing there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekeythingis)
    I have an interview at Manchester so will be going there soon, why do you think it's horrible? Just wondering.. :o:
    I went there for three weeks before I dropped out. To me it felt like I was a needle in a haystack... It wasn't very clear where school offices were, or which staff members you had to see if you had a problem. It just wasn't personal at all. Nobody really cared who you were or anything. I just felt like a statistic really. Plus my accommodation was miserable. Sussex is very personal... students here have a wicked time while caring about their degree, everybody is always willing to help, and staff and students seem proud to be here. I never got that feeling in Manchester :dontknow: But then a lot of people love Manchester, so not everyone can feel that way!!

ReputationRep:
    Undergraduate
    Course : Molecular Genetics
    A Levels: Biology - B , Business - B , Maths - A
    Volunteer: St Johns Ambulance and Local Health centre!

Looking forward to meetin a few people

ReputationRep:
    I went there for three weeks before I dropped out. To me it felt like I was a needle in a haystack... It wasn't very clear where school offices were, or which staff members you had to see if you had a problem. It just wasn't personal at all. Nobody really cared who you were or anything. I just felt like a statistic really. Plus my accommodation was miserable. Sussex is very personal... students here have a wicked time while caring about their degree, everybody is always willing to help, and staff and students seem proud to be here. I never got that feeling in Manchester :dontknow: But then a lot of people love Manchester, so not everyone can feel that way!!
    I can't wait to go to an open day for Sussex. I have been to Brighton before and found it wonderful!
    The only reason why I still consider Manchester is because I feel a degree from there would be slightly more prestigious (Times ranking)? I'll see if I fall inlove with the city when I get there, we'll see

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied to a BSc in Physics with a foundation year. I really want to go to Sussex! I've been out of education for 2 years, can't wait to get back in to it!
    Also, does anyone know which residence would be best for room size? I could do with a big room as I'm a musician at the moment and I can probably get some work in Brighton so i want to bring my Double Bass and my Guitar. Anyone got any advice?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    im going to the chemistry admissions day on the 16th of jan! who else is going? x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.