Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    This is clearly why more people should be choir scrapes like me. Most of the benefits of being part of the choir, without the work or obligation to do stuff
    :confused: scrapes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I pretty much got banned from all my music extra-curriculars I still turn up at choir parties though, since it's part of my official duties as the unofficial choir mascot/First Lady :awesome:
    Why would they do that?! You're doing music!

I'm really scared my tutors will ban me from stuff now, I'm loving being in stuff, even when it's crap!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by swiftuk)
    scrapes?
    I just turn up to choir parties, choir birthday partes, concerts that I'm technically supposed to pay entry or. Despite not being a member of the choir, or anything vaguely chapel-related (though I am the most regular attendee!). I'm also getting a choir hoodie if they ever get round to organising things :woo:

(Original post by Bezzler)
    Why would they do that?! You're doing music!

I'm really scared my tutors will ban me from stuff now, I'm loving being in stuff, even when it's crap!
    I was very ill most of last year, so my tutor is galloping round on his horse trying to save me from myself

ReputationRep:
    I just turn up to choir parties, choir birthday partes, concerts that I'm technically supposed to pay entry or. Despite not being a member of the choir, or anything vaguely chapel-related (though I am the most regular attendee!). I'm also getting a choir hoodie if they ever get round to organising things :woo:
    Ahh - so you scrape in, duh...:yep:

I'm going to chorus when they stop sticking compulsory(ish) stuff on friday evenings...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ahh - so you scrape in, duh...

I'm going to chorus when they stop sticking compulsory(ish) stuff on friday evenings...
    :woo: Chorus is great fun. The new conductor made one of my fellow altos process around with a cuddly toy pig's head on a platter :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Chorus is great fun. The new conductor made one of my fellow altos process around with a cuddly toy pig's head on a platter :rofl:
    Not that I'm biassed, but altos are the best :yep: (I know another alto in Chorus)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not that I'm biassed, but altos are the best (I know another alto in Chorus)
    :awesome:

Altos are just supremely awesome. I love the fact that quite a few of the new altos can sight-sing. Now I don't have to try so hard :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

Altos are just supremely awesome. I love the fact that quite a few of the new altos can sight-sing. Now I don't have to try so hard :woo:
    :woo: Excellent! Might have been my bunged up ears or where I was sitting, but I was struggling to hear the alto line in the chapel

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry I couldn't make it Next time, eh?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This is clearly why more people should be choir scrapes like me. Most of the benefits of being part of the choir, without the work or obligation to do stuff
    Choral scholars have to find a replacement from outside of college when they miss a service! Which I wouldn't have been able to do yesterday, and there were only two sopranos even when I was there...

(WHY IS EVERYONE AN ALTO? I'm sure there were some lazy sopranos in there with them, hmph.)

I hope the meet was fun, though! I'll try to be more organised with dates next time. :o:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by StandingOnAir)
    Choral scholars have to find a replacement from outside of college when they miss a service! Which I wouldn't have been able to do yesterday, and there were only two sopranos even when I was there...

(WHY IS EVERYONE AN ALTO? I'm sure there were some lazy sopranos in there with them, hmph.)

I hope the meet was fun, though! I'll try to be more organised with dates next time.
    Apparently I'm technically a mezzo-soprano, but I choose to ignore this fact :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Apparently I'm technically a mezzo-soprano, but I choose to ignore this fact :yep:
    Same, pretendy altos are even more supremely awesome than real ones... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    We should have made you sing for us. It could have been a talent-show meet therefore adding to the excruciating humiliation of meeting up with people off the internet :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Reverie.)
    Same, pretendy altos are even more supremely awesome than real ones...
    :five:

(Original post by Teebs)
    We should have made you sing for us. It could have been a talent-show meet therefore adding to the excruciating humiliation of meeting up with people off the internet
    :eek3:

You keep suggesting stuff like that and I won't come to anymore :no:

ReputationRep:
    :eek3:

You keep suggesting stuff like that and I won't come to anymore :no:

Mwahahahaha?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    Mwahahahaha?

ReputationRep:
    :shoot:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teebs)
    You're scaring me now :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to do a meet report for those of us who couldn't make it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    Anyone going to do a meet report for those of us who couldn't make it?
    People met up, cocktails were drunk, talking was done. We were all losers for meeting up with people off the internet. The end. :yep:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.