Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Sorry... what am I complaining about here?
    You were trolling so surely it doesn't matter?

ReputationRep:
    Well for starters it isn't £15000 for most schools. Secondly, you aren't given answers, you still have to do a lot of work. Indeed, most of my study was done outside of school. Private school was very important for pushing me forward and giving opportunities. I couldn't of studied further maths otherwise, and I couldn't of done as many extra curricular activities. Perhaps I'm an exception to the rule but I've never learned a great deal in classes, but rather at home studying in my own time. I have the same issue at university, I would almost go as far as to say lectures are entirely pointless for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    :rofl: You don't need to tell me how much neg you knock off, pretentious much?

That's painful!

And tbh, this is a bit trollish. I don't disagree with what I wrote, but I would have put it in a much less insulting way if I really cared about it all.
    you're a wasteman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    you're a wasteman

Wastegash :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: You don't need to tell me how much neg you knock off, pretentious much?
    I always sign off how much someone's rep changes so they're aware if/when their sub runs out (or if they don't have a sub). I don't see how it makes me pretentious? What exactly am I supposed to be pretending here?

Wastegash :fyi:
    same difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    I always sign off how much someone's rep changes so they're aware if/when their sub runs out (or if they don't have a sub). I don't see how it makes me pretentious? What exactly am I supposed to be pretending here?

It's like rubbing in how much rep you take off, just incase anyone was in doubt of your awesome rep power!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    That's just as stupid a statement as anything else made in this thread.

All schools have other purposes other than grades, you just sound bitter.
    From what I have read, seen and heard from people, I would have hated a Grammar school education. It wouldn't have suited me. That's no crime. If I wanted, I could have gone to a Grammar school - but I didn't.

You sound like a mother or teacher saying: 'They only bully you because they're jealous of you'. They're almost never jealous of you.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, look how much Prince Edward's family paid for his education and then look at what A level grades he got. It's probably not being thick but more being lazy in a lot of those cases.

"You can't get blood out of a stone" though..

ReputationRep:
    I went to private school. I didn't get the best grades but it's about the grades. Private school is just a way to guarantee that your child gets a decent education, reach the best they can. Knowing they're not in an environment with drugs or gangs. I went to private school in thailand, and compared to local state school we were getting an education that could take us anywhere in the world and especally we were learning to think.
    Thai schools have the, "memorise everything in this book that makes us great" education. and I feel really down to earth and just lucky. Did alot of RoundSquare stuff and did the IB. I just feel lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    From what I have read, seen and heard from people, I would have hated a Grammar school education. It wouldn't have suited me. That's no crime. If I wanted, I could have gone to a Grammar school - but I didn't.

You sound like a mother or teacher saying: 'They only bully you because they're jealous of you'. They're almost never jealous of you.
    If you feel you can make a statement like that based on hearsay from other people, then that's up to you, but personally I feel that's ridiculous.
    You have no idea if you'd have enjoyed it or not. I accept maybe the work ethic is too hard for some people, and maybe some people can't take only being mediocre despite having brilliant grades, but it's really hardly different from anywhere else.

The people you've been speaking to must have very odd perceptions, because the people I speak to in other types of school sound like they do everything pretty much similar to how we do, only in better quality buildings.

How else do you explain the pretty hefty chip?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm not embarased. So what? Hardly like I got DDU, and anyway my edukayshun didnt c0st al0t 0f m0n3y! :dunce:
    Sorry to break it to you but ultimately it did. It just so happens that it wasn't your parents paying directly. Ironically it was largely the taxes the parents of the people you are trying to wind up that paid for your 'edukayshun'.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    Sorry to break it to you but ultimately it did. It just so happens that it wasn't your parents paying directly. Ironically it was largely the taxes the parents of the people you are trying to wind up that paid for your 'edukayshun'.:rolleyes:

Omdz! I never knew how tax worked before! THANKS FOR THAT. :zomg: :shock:

ReputationRep:
    My best friend went to private school, costing his parents £12,000 a year and in the end came out with DEU in his A-Levels. I wouldn't be ******* happy.

Come on now, this was a good thread, granted, the OP was slightly provocative but the thread was still healthy. Cut the abuse (from both parties) and I might give it a chance and keep it on the forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    LOL, oh my, it's the special snowflake claiming jealousy again. Can you never enter one of these threads without saying that? Seriously. :rofl:
    Pity that it's still as true as it always was! Don't worry, I don't blame people being jealous, it's only natural to wish you were better off in life. I mean I'm totally jealous of people with bigger yachts than our one (No, I'm kidding, I wish I had a yacht! haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tefhel)
    Pity that it's still as true as it always was! Don't worry, I don't blame people being jealous, it's only natural to wish you were better off in life. I mean I'm totally jealous of people with bigger yachts than our one
    Everyone's jealous of private schools? Who told you that one? Well, it's one way to convince you to keep paying the fees..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    Everyone's jealous of private schools? Who told you that one? Well, it's one way to convince you to keep paying the fees..
    Let's not go into this again, we already went into this months ago in some other thread (and you seem to determined to rake the argument back up!). Most insults stem from jealousy IMO, I'll leave it at that.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.