Doctors. Don't assume they are right! Watch

Zafda
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lucylooloo)
I was involved in a bad accident in May. Since then I have been in hospital for a while and really quite poorly. For the last couple of months I have felt awful despite physically being virtually recovered. I have been suffering badly from fatigue, wacky emotions and so on. I went back to 6th form a while ago I just couldnt handle it.

So just over a week ago I decided to stop taking virtually all the medication I was on, plus find another consultant for a second opinion on my case.

I am now taking nothing. I am starting to feel normal and the consultant just cannot believe what I was taking. In his work 'it is poisioning you'! How can doctors who see you every two weeks get it so wrong. I have felt like crap for 2 months extra and whats more it has cost the NHS £1000's in medicine I didn't need.

Don't EVER take what a doctor says for granted!
lolllllllllll before i took up medicine i'd have agreed for you, but until you're behind the scenes of that profession you never really understand why stuff like that happens.
its not coz they don't care at all, they really try to, and nowadays theres a much bigger push on true caring for the pts (i.e. following them up properly) but unfortunately the big b's that've been around for yonkies... how they say bad habits die hard.

sorry you had to go through all that, i've not had great experiences with random illnesses i've ended up with either - the doctors try you on all sorts, you go through poo to then come to a conclusion that nothing is better than everything.

always remember... if it wasn't for medical care and attention, the population would be half...
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sometyimes i wish more GPs would make more mistakes and half the idiot population in this country...
Llamageddon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whatever the level of inaccuracy in a doctors diagnosis, the level of inaccuracy in a patients will more often than not be much higher.
Rucklo
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
Sometyimes i wish more GPs would make more mistakes and half the idiot population in this country...
I presume this is one of your joke's that I need to learn to not take seriously?
Tsoert
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Alas then more GP's would feel guilty that their negligence etc has caused the death of many many people and so would become suicidally depressed Unless of course we clone Shipman and have one in each county maybe?
Ruthi-SH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by smilee172)
Eak I think you're a bit disillusioned there about what doctors do and what they're expected to know... I sure as hell wouldn't want a Dr prescribing to me who didn't actually understand how drugs interact with the body!!
see a later post i put where i modified it, they arent qualified to know the EXACT details or know in depth as much about toxicity levels, i was more trying to say both the pharmacist who perscribed these drugs to a lethal level and teh doctor was at fault, not that doctors have no clue how to give them drugs or what to give them, i apologise that it came out wrong
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yes, a lot of doctors know jack all.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rucklo)
I presume this is one of your joke's that I need to learn to not take seriously?
Lol yes, this is 4 pints of red stripe and a gig humour
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by danny111)
yes, a lot of doctors know jack all.
Source?

No I didn't think so.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by moreiniho)
Source?

No I didn't think so.
my parents are both doctors, they know enough other doctors to be able to judge that the majority are not very good. is that enough source for you?
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by moreiniho)
Source?

No I didn't think so.
Troll? Didn't think you realised...
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If any of you are ever unlucky enough to be hit by a bus - make sure you mention this to the ambo crew before they deliver you to hossie.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my parents are both doctors, they know enough other doctors to be able to judge that the majority are not very good. is that enough source for you?
Lol
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Troll? Didn't think you realised...
Oh right cool. Well not cool but yeah...

lol just seen his other post
Rooster523
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
all the doctors i've had have never been wrong,
call me naive but until I experience any problems, I'm automatically assuming my doctor gets everything right
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol
not that funny really.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
not that funny really.
The fact that either a) you're trolling REALLY badly or b) you think that i believe your parents actually sit down with you and tell you that most the GPs they know are no good is pretty laughable.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The fact that either a) you're trolling REALLY badly or b) you think that i believe your parents actually sit down with you and tell you that most the GPs they know are no good is pretty laughable.
why would i lie?

sit down and talk with me? more like they make fun of them.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
why would i lie?

sit down and talk with me? more like they make fun of them.
Explains how the managed to create such an arrogant gob *****
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Explains how the managed to create such an arrogant gob *****
i am arrogant for saying what i think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (106)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.88%
Nope, not that interesting (215)
39.59%

Watched Threads