Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I'm so annoyed! I sky +'d the qualifying so it only recorded the 2 hours it was on BBC1, so I totally missed the switch to BBC2...and now I know the result :sigh: BBC iPlayer only has the cut version aswell :mad:

Great qualifying though! Rubens on pole...Button seemingly far away from winning the title by tomorrow but you never know! Shame for Vettel, he was so mad!

ReputationRep:
    Just read about Webber's bitter comments about Vettel, I mean to imply that he wouldn't be the worthiest champion of the three contenders is just not on...considering he's actually not even made it to a position to be a contender at this stage of the season. He's obviously been totally dominated by Vettel, I think the Qualifying battle is 14-2 to Vettel and as for the races, Vettel's almost 20 points ahead of him with 3 wins to Mark's 1.

O' Mark....jealous much? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Ahh I'm so annoyed! I sky +'d the qualifying so it only recorded the 2 hours it was on BBC1, so I totally missed the switch to BBC2...and now I know the result :sigh: BBC iPlayer only has the cut version aswell :mad:

Great qualifying though! Rubens on pole...Button seemingly far away from winning the title by tomorrow but you never know! Shame for Vettel, he was so mad!
    This happened to me too! I was pretty annoyed, as I only managed to watch up to Q2 (well until Luizzi crashed). There is a highlights video on the BBC Formula 1 site now though, which has all of Q2 (from when it was resumed) and all of Q3.

Vettel was pretty annoyed, but then anyone in his position would probably be too. I definitely think there is tension between Mark and Seb.

ReputationRep:
    Post Qualifying Weights

Unsurprisingly, Barrichello is lightest of the lot.

I'll be back properly tomorrow. I feel proper disjointed from the thread in my absense!

ReputationRep:
    Kovvy is light! Or im seeing things. Alonso didn't do well. Hopefulyl Rubens can pull this off, though he isn't the best of starters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Kovvy is light! Or im seeing things. Alonso didn't do well. Hopefulyl Rubens can pull this off, though he isn't the best of starters...
    Not as light as Lewis. Guessing they're hoping to make up places with a light/KERSing car in the first stint. Alright idea really seeing as the race does appear like it could do anything tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Not as light as Lewis. Guessing they're hoping to make up places with a light/KERSing car in the first stint. Alright idea really seeing as the race does appear like it could do anything tomorrow.
    Good point. I don't think it will work though, it didnt last time. He will just get stuck behind cars. Especially if its wet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Good point. I don't think it will work though, it didnt last time. He will just get stuck behind cars. Especially if its wet.
    Well they keep whinging on about how great KERS is, I guess this is their chance to prove it.

How did 4 good drivers end up out in Q1 anyway? I'm gonna watch iPlayer in a bit...

ReputationRep:
    Well they keep whinging on about how great KERS is, I guess this is their chance to prove it.

How did 4 good drivers end up out in Q1 anyway? I'm gonna watch iPlayer in a bit...
    Both the McLarens were running a dry set up (I really really hope it's dry ), don't know what happened to Nick Heidfeld and Vettel just kept getting stuck in traffic and his car wasn't handling the best anyway.

ReputationRep:

Went for more of a dry setup in wet conditions than others did. Fisi spun and the anti stall failed. They missed the best conditions as it started to rain again. Q3 was the best one to watch I think.

EDIT: Damn hannah beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    Wowww. Thanks guys.

Just watched the brief highlights on the website, and I've decided my utter adoration for Barrichello has won out over my like for Jenson (a brit) to win this title. You can't help but like Rubens and his big cartoon style smile. I hope he wins today. Then I'd be happy if either of them won the title in two weeks time.

ReputationRep:
    Post Qualifying Weights

Unsurprisingly, Barrichello is lightest of the lot.

I'll be back properly tomorrow. I feel proper disjointed from the thread in my absense!
    When's the race start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    When's the race start?
    5pm UK time.

I'm thinking that Button will need a bit of a miracle to win the championship now. Rubens will secure it next race - unless he crashes out this one.

ReputationRep:
    For Jensen Button to be crowned world champion, he'd be 2nd only to Lewis Hamilton in the 'most undeserving world champions in sporting history' category.

although now that the grand prize is in sight, Button is faltering and choking.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's scared seeing as he's been so c*** for the past 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    well yes, He(Button) is nothing more than a pampered, overpaid, talentless wally, who happens to drive cars for a living.

for those 5 years he was more than happy with his playboy lifestyle. Success in the drivers championship was a distant 2nd.

This year with the loophole that the vile braun gp team exploited, Button is on the verge of winning the championship by default, and he's even finding a way to **** that all up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stolen Base)
    well yes, He(Button) is nothing more than a pampered, overpaid, talentless wally, who happens to drive cars for a living.

for those 5 years he was more than happy with his playboy lifestyle. Success in the drivers championship was a distant 2nd.

This year with the loophole that the vile braun gp team exploited, Button is on the verge of winning the championship by default, and he's even finding a way to **** that all up!
    Which is why next season I am supporting Viantonio Liuzzi for next year's F1 World Championship.

ReputationRep:
    What has everyone got against Jenson? He just happened to start the season in the best car and has tailed off as the season progressed :confused:

Anyway looks like rain for the race, interesting to see what Sutil can do from third.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    What has everyone got against Jenson? He just happened to start the season in the best car and has tailed off as the season progressed :confused:

Anyway looks like rain for the race, interesting to see what Sutil can do from third.
    lol...

Their are about 7 people who are in a prime position for rain:

Sutil
    Liuzzi
    Button
    Raikkonen :eek:
    Algeusari
    Vettel

ReputationRep:
    I must say quailfying yesterday tested my patience as an F1 fan. But I'm glad they got it started again. The race today should be interesting, especially if its wet. You would think though as F1 is always outside, it would be better prepared for the weather.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.