Australian Open Final: Murray v Federer- Official Thread Watch

Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ultimate1)
Come on people lets face the facts; Murray was simply outclassed in every single area, from serves to ground strokes, everywhere. If Murray can even win a grand slam for the rest of the career it will be a very big thing.
Nobody is saying Federer didn't play way better than him. It's you who has decided to come here and insult Murray. There's no need for that.
Ultimate1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cproach1)
Well played. I think the ultimate example is the fact Murray has a winning record against Federer. That alone speaks volumes..
Hmmmm and have ANY of those victories of Murray come in Grand slams? Exactly. Murray falters under pressure. He can only win the masters which I admit are important but ask any player on the planet they would rather be winning a grand slam a year and not be winning any masters at all! Grand Slam is like the epitome of tennis.
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't give a damn about Murray's social, hell for all I know he can lock himself in his house and just come out to play tennis what I don't like is the British media hype. He is no better than Cilic, Tsonga etc . He falls in exactly that group, he cannot be classed in the same group as Djokovic, Nadal, Potro etc.
Please can you explain how Andy is number three in the world but is worse than the two players below him?

Has Murray ever been better than them? Because he had to have been at some point to get to the number three ranking. Please explain yourself.
Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hasan)
Nobody is saying Federer didn't play way better than him. It's you who has decided to come here and insult Murray. There's no need for that.
I haven't insulted murray I just want them stupid 'OMG MUZZA BEST PLAYER IN WORL. GON WIN IN 3 SETS AGAINST FED!' fans who are the real retards. I guess the media have the power to control everyone. :eek:
DaveJ
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I haven't insulted murray I just want them stupid 'OMG MUZZA BEST PLAYER IN WORL. GON WIN IN 3 SETS AGAINST FED!' fans who are the real retards. I guess the media have the power to control everyone. :eek:
I agree people were stupid to predict a straight sets Murray win, but there's no need for you to come on here and say stuff like "Murray should retire ".
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can understand what you are saying here but I still don't get your comment about how Murray shouldn't be a top ten player. Was it a joke?
cproach1
Report 8 years ago
So there is nothing wrong with a bit of excessive hope and bias is there? Well shut me up, I now know I have to be humble and realistic when regarding sport..
Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by notnek)
Please can you explain how Andy is number three in the world but is worse than the two players below him?

Has Murray ever been better than them? Because he had to have been at some point to get to the number three ranking. Please explain yourself.
Well have you seen how he suddenly jumped to such high rankings when Nadal was injured and how he got a lot of points in the masters playing against decent players?
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by djhworld)
I'm British and I really do despise Andy Murray because he's arrogant and genuinely dislikeable and his tennis isn't that great either.
That's unfounded. He gives lovely and amusing interviews and is really quite a decent person. Why specifically do you dislike him?
DaveJ
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well have you seen how he suddenly jumped to such high rankings when Nadal was injured and how he got a lot of points in the masters playing against decent players?
Well if Nadal got injured, that isn't Murray's problem. Nadal's playing style presumably contributed to his knee issues, so if Murray can play and stay healthy for longer periods of time, then he will be rewarded with a higher ranking.
Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
That's unfounded. He gives lovely and amusing interviews and is really quite a decent person. Why specifically do you dislike him?
Well I don't really give a toss about Murrays personality. What I DO give a toss is how he plays and he is immensively overrated and rude by the way screaming like a little girl at every point he wins. What a retard.
cproach1
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
Yeah I have to admit I don't get this arrogance they're throwing around, when has he ever been arrogant!?
Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DaveJ)
Well if Nadal got injured, that isn't Murray's problem. Nadal's playing style presumably contributed to his knee issues, so if Murray can play and stay healthy for longer periods of time, then he will be rewarded with a higher ranking.
Thats not what I'm saying, the guy just said then how did he get to rank 3 and I simply said because Nadal was injured. Surprising that Potro who is about 1000000 times better than murray is still one rank behind. You shouldn't be going by ranks really.
Hasan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well I don't really give a toss about Murrays personality. What I DO give a toss is how he plays and he is immensively overrated and rude by the way screaming like a little girl at every point he wins. What a retard.
Huh, that's interesting :hmmmm:
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Then you surely must think he's the third best player in the world behind Fed and Rafa?

Murray has won four Masters titles and beaten Del Potro once and Djokovic twice in the finals. They are the two players you mentioned earlier as being better than Murray but when have either of them beaten Andy on a big occasion?

Murray has a 5-1 record against Del Potro and has beaten Djokovic on the last three occasions.

Your turn.
Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Then you surely must think he's the third best player in the world behind Fed and Rafa?

Murray has won four Masters titles and beaten Del Potro once and Djokovic twice in the finals. They are the two players you mentioned earlier as being better than Murray but when have either of them beaten Andy on a big occasion?

Murray has a 5-1 record against Del Potro and has beaten Djokovic on the last three occasions.

Your turn.
And when has Murray beaten Del Potro in a grand slam? As far as I can remember only in the US open 2008 where Del Potro was relatively new to the scene. And Djokovic and Potro both have grand slams to their names so TBH they're having the last laughs here whereas Murray still cannot even win a grand slam. Poor bugger.
dfjr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thats not what I'm saying, the guy just said then how did he get to rank 3 and I simply said because Nadal was injured. Surprising that Potro who is about 1000000 times better than murray is still one rank behind. You shouldn't be going by ranks really.
murray is the better player than del potro. Del potro has won 1 US open. I don't think he's even won a masters. He's not nearly as consistent as murray. Yes murray hasn't achieved a grand slam, but overall Murray has had a much better career than Potro so far. There is a reason why Potro is trailing the top 4 by quite a considerable margin despite the 2000 points from the US open.

And Potro didn't exactly outplay fed at the US open either, fed didn't play particularly well. Yes potro did well, but I'm fairly confident if federer showed this kind of showing at US open he would have won straight sets. Similarly if the Fed from the US open (or even last Australian open) had showed up, there's a good chance murray would have won.

Murray really is the second best hard court player (best being Fed) at the moment. He deserved to be in the final. And if he had some luck, and federer didn't happen to be in such good form on the day, he might have won it.
DaveJ
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Your turn.
To be fair, Djokovic and Delpo have both won slams, so they have seen better success than Murray. Murray still deserves to be ranked where he is, however, since rankings are determined by current events, rather than how good overall players have been. Murray has won more Masters, but I'd say he'd swap his Masters title for a slam.
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And when has Murray beaten Del Potro in a grand slam? As far as I can remember only in the US open 2008 where Del Potro was relatively new to the scene. And Djokovic and Potro both have grand slams to their names so TBH they're having the last laughs here whereas Murray still cannot even win a grand slam. Poor bugger.
I've finally worked out your reasoning.

You believe how good a tennis player is should be completely judged on the grand slams (the only tournaments you watch?). Why don't they just get rid of all the other tournaments? What's the point in playing them if they're not important.
cproach1
Report 8 years ago
You just go from talking crap to talking utter rubbish... You've already claimed you weren't insulting Murray then called him a "retard". So you know what else will you say that is utter nonsense? Ivo Karlovic was once the greatest player of all time until he turned to his music career and is now DJing in Sweden under the Alias "Sir tennis mix a lot" I mean you really do talk crap, undermine your argument and everything..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise