Psychology PY4 (WJEC) Watch

jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
:poke:, Jabed.
oh crap ,my bad - I only bothered ot look at her first post!
I've been on this laptop since 6pm, doing two bloody PY4 essays! I think my mind is messing with me :puppyeyes:
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jabed786)
oh crap ,my bad - I only bothered ot look at her first post!
I've been on this laptop since 6pm, doing two bloody PY4 essays! I think my mind is messing with me :puppyeyes:
Hahaha I've been on this laptop since then too! :shock:!!!

And aaaah, which two?
jabed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by mel0n)
Hahaha I've been on this laptop since then too! :shock:!!!

And aaaah, which two?
Understudied relatioships in psychological research.
and...
Theories of crime.

I've kinda given up now. Each essay is around a 1000 words so that means if we times this by 21 (as thats the amount we have to learn)
We need to memorise around 20,000-21000 words for the exam!! I think I'll make some notes for this thread tmrw, on some of this stuff :yes:
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Understudied relatioships in psychological research.
and...
Theories of crime.

I've kinda given up now. Each essay is around a 1000 words so that means if we times this by 21 (as thats the amount we have to learn)
We need to memorise around 20,000-21000 words for the exam!! I think I'll make some notes for this thread tmrw, on some of this stuff :yes:
I'm doing the aetiologies of schizophrenia notes at the moment - so much to write!!!!

Theories of crime is for forensic psychology? And aaaah, so much to learn!

You learn more than one topic at once???
jabed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by mel0n)
I'm doing the aetiologies of schizophrenia notes at the moment - so much to write!!!!

Theories of crime is for forensic psychology? And aaaah, so much to learn!

You learn more than one topic at once???
yep we have 5 lessons a week
2 - on forensic
2 - on relationsips
1 - controversies

eventually it will just be controversies and memory.
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yep we have 5 lessons a week
2 - on forensic
2 - on relationsips
1 - controversies

eventually it will just be controversies and memory.
:shock: Wow! We just do one topic at a time!!! Is it not confusing doing three at once?!

Anyway I'm off to bed will talk tomorrow or something and I will post the notes as soon as I get them done need them to print out for myself too as I can use them for revision (which is one of my main reasons for doing them)

:moon:
ilikecookies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
there are only six people doing psychology on the wjec board :O
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ilikecookies)
there are only six people doing psychology on the wjec board :O
I think here are more luking about on the forums. :ninja: And I don't think everyone in this thread has been mentioned in the initial post - mainly because jabed isn't sure what topics etc. that they are doing.
jabed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by mel0n)
:shock: Wow! We just do one topic at a time!!! Is it not confusing doing three at once?!

Anyway I'm off to bed will talk tomorrow or something and I will post the notes as soon as I get them done need them to print out for myself too as I can use them for revision (which is one of my main reasons for doing them)

:moon:
Nahh its not bad, I quite like it because somehow it feels like we have done loads since we are covering different things. However one of my teachers has said he is going to stop doing controversies for a while untill we finish Forensics.

I asked my other teacher about that 3 mark definitions things (to do with controversy questions) and she said that they will ask definitions to do with the question e.g. a nature/nurture debate will have a question to do with nature/nurture.
Also we shouldnt look at that TES forum too much because its full of negative people who fail at WJEC.
On a diff note.... PY3 results on thursday :eek3:
I have a feeling I screwed up in that disadv of science essay and done a few stupid mistakes in the section A/B.
jabed786
Rep:
?
Forensic Notes
Approaches to Offender Profiling Essay/Notes.
I've basically typed out my essay but chopped it down to the key points and studies.

I hope people will start posting some of their own notes, this is a give-and-take thread
Attached files
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I will start posting mine Need to start typing some more out. I've only typed out the physiological explanations of Schizophrenia so far :ninja:
Tinkerbelle ♥
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey just a quick question. Spent the afternoon sorting out all of my notes and found a section on biorythyms and wondered where where this falls?
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't know anything about biorhythms :no:
ilikecookies
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Forensic Notes
Approaches to Offender Profiling Essay/Notes.
I've basically typed out my essay but chopped it down to the key points and studies.

I hope people will start posting some of their own notes, this is a give-and-take thread
wow this is really useful!thanks
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:ninja: This should be the psychological and physiological causes of Schizophrenia. :ninja:

If there's things you think should be improved on, etc. let me know Would be nice to know I'm including the right sort of content etc.
Attached files
jabed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by mel0n)
:ninja: This should be the psychological and physiological causes of Schizophrenia. :ninja:

If there's things you think should be improved on, etc. let me know Would be nice to know I'm including the right sort of content etc.
I dont do abnormal (as you know) but the notes look really good :yeah:
jabed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by ilikecookies)
wow this is really useful!thanks
your welcome - I'll post more of my essays in a cut down format when I get a chance. The one I've posted is about 65% of my essay word for word (ive cut out the bits that make the essay more 'flowy' and develop the points a little further).
mel0n
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jabed, them notes you have written out, which essay question are they for? Profiling? Have you learnt American and British approaches or have you done something about Geographical profiling too?
jabed786
Rep:
?
(Original post by mel0n)
Jabed, them notes you have written out, which essay question are they for? Profiling? Have you learnt American and British approaches or have you done something about Geographical profiling too?
Yep its the first essay for Forensics (the Profiling one)
The bulk of my essay was the American & British approaches. I wrote just one chunky paragraph for the Geographical in my essay (was just a one A01 point and an A02 point) And I got an A for that essay, so you dont need to write much on it hence I didnt really bother including it in the notes.
jabed786
Rep:
?
Anyone done any stuff for the nature/nurture controversy question?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?