The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
It's my mom's 53 birthday today and my dad still gets her a cuddly toy for Christmas every year, she's got a whole family of giraffes scattered round her desk...so I wouldn't worry too much OP :giggle:
Reply 121
I'm 23 and I still sleep with my teddy, I've had it since I was born and I honestly would be distraught if I ever lost it. I don't take it on planes just in case something happens and I lose it. I don't go so far as to take it to my bfs, but I do sort of miss holding it - I think its a comfort thing! I've really never had an issue with it and I had it in my room all through uni!
I'm almost 18 and still sleep with a teddy (actually a unicorn, her name's mystic XD)
hmmm, maybe you could replace it with a pet during the day?
If you're just carrying it round the house, doesn't sound bad - in fact sounds like a good idea - I'll have to resist doing that now!
If you really don't like doing it, get somene to ransom your teddy for certain amounts of time until you get accustomed to not having it.
AccioJellyBean
I'm 18 and can't sleep without the duvet cover that was on my bed when I was 7. I've had countless new duvet covers since there but I always keep this one separate. I sleep with it every single night and I take it to sleepovers and on school trips. All my friends know about it :biggrin: I do what you do, I stroke it as like a comforter when I'm drifting off to sleep. And if I'm homesick I put it over my pillow so that I can smell it because it's familiar. Nowt to be ashamed of at all, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything!

I'm afraid it does.
Reply 124
what a douche.
Reply 125
Keep it, don't get rid of teddy! It's fine :smile:
Reply 126
I still keep my favourite teddy at the end of my bed
Reply 127
-kit-kat-
does anyone else?

its really bad because i dont just have it at night...i always carry it round when im in my bedroom. seriously, as i am typing this it is sitting there on my arm.
I know this all sounds so stupid, but its getting rediculous - I will sit there in my room staring into space and stroking it. ok that sounds REALLY wrong :rolleyes: ...its nothing like that(!)

I dont know what to do...:frown: I want to get rid of it...or at least not use it as much. does anyone have any tips??

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with this. The other week i felt SO down and depressed that i brought myself this small cute teddy bear to cheer myself up... i am 18... and it did really cheer me up. I spent the weekend at home on me own working and i had my little bear there.... im sure there is hundreds of people like you. Don't think you're losing it or anything, i think its just the need for something to hold and that, i've got this cuddly dog on my bed from when i was about 10 and if anyone took it from me i would probably cry :lol:
I'm 21 and I still have my teddy, he's comfortable to sleep with! :p:

Latest