Turn on thread page Beta

Who supports this:"Please do not draw Muhammad(pbuh)?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    Show your support~This has turned out to be a Religious terrorism-Obviously out of the 6 Billion people on earth,why did they have to choose our prophet???:o: :o:
    I'm not condoning nor criticising the drawing of these pictures, but I would like to know why you are allowing yourself to become upset by some badly-drawn cartoons of what could be any Asian or Middle-Eastern guy. Why must you interpret a splodge of brown with some skewed features as your prophet? Why allow people to see that they have had an effect on you? If you think people are childish and immature for drawing the pictures, then be mature, be the bigger person, and ignore them. Trust me, they will be much more disappointed in having no reaction than having a big reaction like this, and a peaceful silence as the only response will completely demolish the reason for why the pictures are being drawn in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I am not a Muslim. I wouldn't join a religion on a month of Sundays because I personally believe it to be complete hogwash. As far as I'm concerned, I am not bound by Islamic laws or teachings, therefore I should be entitled to draw a picture of Muhammad. That doesn't mean I will, and I haven't. However, I support this movement because I, like many others, am fed up of Islam getting special treatment and being put on a pedestal where it is immune to criticism and mockery. In comedy, nothing is sacred. Actually, scratch comedy, in life, nothing is sacred. When it comes to taking the mick out of something, nothing should be safe and immune to mockery. How you respond to it is entirely down to your individual feelings. If we all followed one strict guideline on what we can and can't do, that would destroy what makes us special as humans - our individuality.

I feel offended when Muslims call me a 'kuffir'. Do I send death threats and throw my toys out the pram? No, and not least because I would be called a racist. The point of this movement is to show certain followers of Islam that people don't want to be bullied anymore by censorship and don't want to be dictated as to what they can and can't do by a religion they don't even follow. In the UK, we sometimes have Islamic protesters calling for Sharia law and for everyone who disagrees to be killed. Is that stopped? No. When South Park makes a (very light-hearted) joke about Muhammad in a bear suit (which wasn't even Muhammad in the end), it's censored. This is the kind of one-sided tolerance that occurs between both camps. Perhaps the manner in which the movement was executed was in bad taste, but I still support it. I'm not going to hound you for following a religion, but I'm not going to give you respect if you give none to me in return.

ReputationRep:
    lol your all crazy, and nuts and just plain stupid. why bother with this?! do you get a buzz when you get a reaction?! go out and live your stupid life instead of being inside on a beautiful day on a computer, and before you daft and pathertic and say "oh your inside on a computer too" im actually on my phone laughing at some of the comments on this website!

dudes if some people dont want it doing, leave it. the only reason your doing it here, now is because you havnt the balls to go out and say it aloud outside. you'd rather stay inside with no life, probably no friends, and just do something rather silly and post a useless thread on tsr and see the reaction you get. please, go and get a life and go out!

from a rather happy and practicing individual who is proud to be a muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I think extremist muslims are being quite disrespectful to non-muslims by expecting them not to make images of a major historical figure. Yes, running into a Mosque waving a picture of Muhammed is quite disrespectful. But there are plenty of reasons why someone might want to make an image of him. These extremists should respect that we don't follow their religion and not expect us to follow their rules. To non-muslims the idea that it's wrong to draw a picture of someone is completely bizarre. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to someone who follows the religion, but to the rest of us, it doesn't. To expect us to follow that rule is unreasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man_utd_99)
    lol your all crazy, and nuts and just plain stupid. why bother with this?! do you get a buzz when you get a reaction?! go out and live your stupid life instead of being inside on a beautiful day on a computer, and before you daft and pathertic and say "oh your inside on a computer too" im actually on my phone laughing at some of the comments on this website!

dudes if some people dont want it doing, leave it. the only reason your doing it here, now is because you havnt the balls to go out and say it aloud outside. you'd rather stay inside with no life, probably no friends, and just do something rather silly and post a useless thread on tsr and see the reaction you get. please, go and get a life and go out!

from a rather happy and practicing individual who is proud to be a muslim.
    Yeah that's right. Everyone is just doing this for fun and to get a reaction.

/sarcasm

Honestly people who make these kind of comments must be completely oblivious to what's been going on the past few years.

This isn't just some random attack on Islam

ReputationRep:
    I've drawn my mohammed, anyone want to see?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i'm not that fused. But it strikes me as odd that people use their right to worship to surpress the rights of others, even though drawing him doesn't affect your ability to worship.

I'm mean one of my beliefs (as an atheist) is that tricking people and scaring people into doing things is bad but Islam (and everyother religion does it) yet I don't force other to do as I think.

ReputationRep:
    So, with all these muhammads being drawn today, has anyone either been blown up or issued with a death threat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nashy19)
    Lol you can burn flags to your hearts content, Muslims care about flag burning, not the rest of us.

how would you feel if I started drawing pictures of your mum, a woman who has done so much for you, with a bomb on her turban and looking like a slut ? ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    You couldn't be more wrong. It's got absolutely nothing to do with angering any one and you know that.

that is b**** ****

All the pictures depict the prophet in a insulting manner

ReputationRep:
    What is the big deal?

ReputationRep:
    Although I haven't drawn him i do see why other people have with stuff like this happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ok4...eature=channel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomassss)
    how would you feel if I started drawing pictures of your mum, a woman who has done so much for you, with a bomb on her turban and looking like a slut ? ???
    I would be upset but I would be unlikely to threaten violence as it is never the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyhey922)
    I would be upset but I would be unlikely to threaten violence as it is never the answer.

How is encouraging a boycott and asking face book to take down the group

Violence ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomassss)
    How is encouraging a boycott and asking face book to take down the group

Violence ?
    Sorry, what i mean is, the drawing of Muhammed today is a reaction to threats of violence to people who have drawn him in the past

ReputationRep:
    This may not be seen as the best attitude but anyone who tries to draw Muhammed isn't actually going to succeed, because they won't know what he looks like!
    They'll probably all be either stick figures, jesus lookalikes or rascist drawings with his name next to it.
    Everyone should just ignore people like this, cause they are after all, only looking for a reaction.

ReputationRep:
    It's fighting hate against hate. Neither side wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    This may not be seen as the best attitude but anyone who tries to draw Muhammed isn't actually going to succeed, because they won't know what he looks like!
    They'll probably all be either stick figures, jesus lookalikes or rascist drawings with his name next to it.
    Everyone should just ignore people like this, cause they are after all, only looking for a reaction.
    Do you realise how stupid it sounds to suggest that something could be a Jesus lookalike after saying that it's stupid drawing Muhammed as no one knows what he looks like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    Show your support~This has turned out to be a Religious terrorism-Obviously out of the 6 Billion people on earth,why did they have to choose our prophet???:o: :o:
    Religious terrorism?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quit the double-speak. This is a total inversion of reality. The only religious terrorism I can see is people from Islam blowing themselves up.

I hope even our "dhimmi's-in-waiting" aren't thick enough to fall for this!

ReputationRep:
    i searched for the group didnt find it----what a bad taste + free time

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.