AQA Geography Watch

Kay :)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
yeah we can, I just thought it'd be easier over MSN but i'm not too fussed, erm, I don't remember what Chi squared is, I was away that lesson, came back and my teacher didn't go over it with me so I just left it :L

I'm at Lincoln college in erm, Lincoln :P you?
Oh no. I understand I just dont use it.
I deleted facebook as it was completely a waste of time for me.
Haha well neither do I
My school is v.v.v.bad :| I want to move next year.

Im actually a bit. urghh. I dont know.

Ha, I'm based in London
Wheres Lincoln?
Lyam
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kay :))
Oh no. I understand I just dont use it.
I deleted facebook as it was completely a waste of time for me.
Haha well neither do I
My school is v.v.v.bad :| I want to move next year.

Im actually a bit. urghh. I dont know.

Ha, I'm based in London
Wheres Lincoln?
Lincoln is north of London slightly, but actually not THAT far away, I'd say maybe 80 miles or something (okay that's quite far but it's not like i'm in scotland)!

Why are you a bit ughh?
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
Lincoln is north of London slightly, but actually not THAT far away, I'd say maybe 80 miles or something (okay that's quite far but it's not like i'm in scotland)!

Why are you a bit ughh?
Yes no that it far
Wheres it near? Wait Im going to google it.

Haha, because I hate my school.
And roll on skills. Id like to see what they throw at us now.

Have they given you any skills practise at yours?

* Wow yehh thats far, but your near the sea Where you thinking og studying?

All weve done is spearmans rank and briefly gone over it one lesson :|
Lyam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes no that it far
Wheres it near? Wait Im going to google it.

Haha, because I hate my school.
And roll on skills. Id like to see what they throw at us now.

Have they given you any skills practise at yours?

* Wow yehh thats far, but your near the sea Where you thinking og studying?

All weve done is spearmans rank and briefly gone over it one lesson :|
Same! we did spearmans rank for like an hour, **** knows what else we need to do :|
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
Same! we did spearmans rank for like an hour, **** knows what else we need to do :|
Haha have you looked at the specification?
Lyam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha have you looked at the specification?
No, have you? :P
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
I just remeber you said you knew the other stuff of the back of your hand.
So your a lyer!

Ha

Yes I have.

I dont understand why we need to know about ICT?
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
So your a lyer!

Ha

Yes I have.

L_93
Report 8 years ago
I actually was going to answer the Energy section for the 'fun' of it, I had gotten to health and knew I'd failed already and when I was looking through past papers, Energy seemed so much easier to me and I knew most stuff from GCSE but then in the exam I thought it might not be such a good idea.

Skills.... yeh... well I do A-level maths so it should be OK just incase like standard deviation comes up but all the other stuff on coursework I will be clueless. My teacher actually banned us from doing the coursework because it was ''stupid and a waste of time'' so how I am meant to answer the questions I don't know.

What did everyone put for the tobacco question??
Lyam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So your a lyer!

Ha

Yes I have.

I know the entire Geog1 course like the back of my hand, Geog 2 is different
Lyam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by L_93)
I actually was going to answer the Energy section for the 'fun' of it, I had gotten to health and knew I'd failed already and when I was looking through past papers, Energy seemed so much easier to me and I knew most stuff from GCSE but then in the exam I thought it might not be such a good idea.

Skills.... yeh... well I do A-level maths so it should be OK just incase like standard deviation comes up but all the other stuff on coursework I will be clueless. My teacher actually banned us from doing the coursework because it was ''stupid and a waste of time'' so how I am meant to answer the questions I don't know.

What did everyone put for the tobacco question??
something about BAT's BEST programme for sourcing their tobacco (**** knows why) and also I spoke about BAT not wanting to create new smokers, but simply increase their market share, so they wouldn't have such a negative impact on health.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
I know the entire Geog1 course like the back of my hand, Geog 2 is different

Haha - Oh give us strengh
L_93
Report 8 years ago
I haven't even heard of BAT. My teacher 'didn't have time' to go over it so I was told to watch a video by another teacher. 'Video' is a bit vague don't you think when your not given a title or link or anything :P

ETA: I meant teacher didnt have time to go over Tobacco, not BAT, or I would have heard of it
Lyam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
British american tobacco (: they have 52 factories in 44 countries, they produce 689 billion cigarettes a year and they are more dependent on markets with low profit margins but large numbers of people, such as china, where they're attempting to smuggle their products in order to create a want for their product while simultaneously softening up chinese officials through things such as a $300,000 donation to the reconstruction of the Haizhou bridge. They want to get in on chinese markets but 1300 billion cigarettes a year are smoked in china! etc etc.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
It's not that we have a problem with 15 mark answers (my other 3 subjects are essay based, RS, philosophy and critical thinking [sorta essay based]). Everyone found the rivers one good. It's just the way they phrased the majority of this paper was ridiculous, and there were so many better questions they could have asked to allow us to demonstrate our knowledge. They could have removed ambiguity by saying ' effects of an ageing and youthful population '.
Dude, I was agreeing with the fact AQA are **** at this as far as I'm aware!

But anyway, good luck with the other one/rest.
Lyam
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
Dude, I was agreeing with the fact AQA are **** at this as far as I'm aware!

But anyway, good luck with the other one/rest.
Yeah sorry, I don't know why I seemed so stressed there! (: Thankyou!
georgiee
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
not sure if everyones seen this:

another thread from this exam
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1277475

i hated this exam too, i revised well but the questions and how they were phrased made the paper horrible, especially the population 15 mark question! that was a nightmare.

praying for low grade boundaries, really need an A in this exam, and i'm not dreading the skills paper!!
Freyja16
Report 8 years ago
With the 15 marker population question my class went through a past question on population change that was a bit ambiguous so we looked at the mark scheme; they said they would accept answers directed towards increasing/decreasing population and effects as well as youthful/ageing population and effects.

So hopefully the board will take into account the ambiguity of the question? My mum's my geography teacher and she said that the examiners always 'go with the student' if what the have written has interpreted the question differently but is still correct.

I'm praying this is right anyway :s ....
merton81
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey btw guys what do you think the ums conversion could be considering the hardness of the paper and previous ones??? (if you did previous papers)
L_93
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lyam)
British american tobacco (: they have 52 factories in 44 countries, they produce 689 billion cigarettes a year and they are more dependent on markets with low profit margins but large numbers of people, such as china, where they're attempting to smuggle their products in order to create a want for their product while simultaneously softening up chinese officials through things such as a $300,000 donation to the reconstruction of the Haizhou bridge. They want to get in on chinese markets but 1300 billion cigarettes a year are smoked in china! etc etc.
Why are you telling me this now? :p: Not much I can do now.

I do Maths, Chemistry and Business and this is by far my hardest a-level. Well Chemistry is dire but this is the one I always do the crappest in. It wasn't even really this exam. I find the whole subject in general hard, at A-level I mean. I think its too big and too much to each topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise