Really? Where's yours, I cant see it? I wrote the poetry myself :eek:

Min ayna anta?
Diaz89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
Yes and in what way does it refute my point? It states that Muslims identify themselves more with their religion. I did to. It states Muslims prefer to live in an area that is made up of similar religious and ethnic background. I did to. It goes further to say that Muslims even though religious, don’t sympathize with extremist and such. I didn’t see any point in me doing so, because it would be going off-topic.
Ah I'm glad your cleared up your position, because I never trust your intent.

Regardless the articles states,

However, a new study paints a very different picture. While Muslims in three European capitals are indeed highly religious, this piety does not lead to sympathy for terrorism, desires to isolate, or lack of national loyalty. Not surprisingly, the study found that Muslims in London, Berlin, and Paris are much more likely than the general public in their corresponding countries to say religion is an important part of their daily lives, and to identify strongly with their faith. Predictably, the Muslims surveyed are also much more likely to express traditional moral values.

However, religious and national identities are not mutually exclusive. Not only do urban Muslims identify strongly with their religion, but they are at least as likely as the general public to identify strongly with their countries of residence. As a British Muslim MP recently commented, “My nationality is first British and my religion is first Muslim.”

Instead, urban Muslims were slightly less likely to feel people with different religious practices than their own were a threat to their way of life, and slightly more likely than the general public to say they would prefer living in a mixed neighborhood. Not only do religious and national identities coexist, but it is Muslims who are the most eager to forsake isolation for integration.

The evidence indicates that a much more likely threat to European societies than Muslim intolerance of other faiths is the public’s fairly common negative perception of its Muslim neighbors. This danger is reflected in the gap between public perception of Muslim attitudes and the positions Muslim communities actually take.
najeezy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LivingMemory)
Well obviously I googled it, I don't know the Quran and I'm not pretending that I do - I don't know a single verse. I just found a verse that showed less tolerance than the ones that I was shown earlier. There's no need to be quite so aggressive, I haven't said anything even mildly offensive to you. Is trying to mock my intelligence really relevant to the discussion? I'd urge you to take those insults back - although I suppose you won't.

Look, I was earlier given verses to prove Islam's tolerance, all I was doing was finding verses that show a different side - which show the good ones were cherry picked. If verses fundamentally can't disprove Islam's tolerance, then they can't prove its tolerance either, right? I agree that bad passages in the Quran say nothing bad about the individual Muslim's morality - but also good passages can't say anything good about the morality of Muslims, so why on every single Islam related thread on this site are there hundreds of quotes and verses supposedly displaying how tolerant Muslims are?
Don't you think it's a double standard to quote verses that make Muslims look good, but downplay the ones that don't? Even calling bringing them up "terrible stupid and ignorant" and "undeniably idiotic" - well ... was Ibysaiyan being idiotic by quoting tolerant passages to me first earlier?

Finally, I'm an atheist, I don't condone Christianity or Judaism for even a second. Although I would point out that all the famous passages about God's hatred are from the Old Testament, the New Testament is consistently tolerant.
it was meant to be terribly stupid, but oh well.

Let me point out what you basically did.

you suggested that there is content in a holy book that over a billion people take to be "absolute truth" (forgive the repetition), but not only was it a suggestion, it was a suggestion for a passage that could potentially make people hate islam more because of it, dont you see that this is what this thread is pre-dominantly based on, im sorry you dont see it as to how offensive it really is.
bill-e
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by satisfactionatlast)
I know what he means. I'm just saying why Muslims specifically? I mean why not Christians and Jews as well? It's like saying, fat people (or a specific type of group), what's your best type of food? Why not thin and average people as well...this thread is kinda racist...
Welcome to TSR.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
Why have you got an enormous,bulging Cranium with 10x times more grey matter than a Muslim by default ^^ ?
My ancestors have created a better country than yours, hence they are smarter than your ancestors and have passed their intelligence down to us. This also means my culture is better than yours.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LivingMemory)
Well obviously I googled it, I don't know the Quran and I'm not pretending that I do - I don't know a single verse. I just found a verse that showed less tolerance than the ones that I was shown earlier. There's no need to be quite so aggressive, I haven't said anything even mildly offensive to you. Is trying to mock my intelligence really relevant to the discussion? I'd urge you to take those insults back - although I suppose you won't.

Look, I was earlier given verses to prove Islam's tolerance, all I was doing was finding verses that show a different side - which show the good ones were cherry picked. If verses fundamentally can't disprove Islam's tolerance, then they can't prove its tolerance either, right? I agree that bad passages in the Quran say nothing bad about the individual Muslim's morality - but also good passages can't say anything good about the morality of Muslims, so why on every single Islam related thread on this site are there hundreds of quotes and verses supposedly displaying how tolerant Muslims are?
Don't you think it's a double standard to quote verses that make Muslims look good, but downplay the ones that don't? Even calling bringing them up "terrible stupid and ignorant" and "undeniably idiotic" - well ... was Ibysaiyan being idiotic by quoting tolerant passages to me first earlier?

Finally, I'm an atheist, I don't condone Christianity or Judaism for even a second. Although I would point out that all the famous passages about God's hatred are from the Old Testament, the New Testament is consistently tolerant.
The quran is strict yet kind, you'll find a variety of quotes and you use the term cherry-picked, you need to realise that as a muslim we believe the Quran is perfect, its never-changing, no decent muslim would call those verses stupid, they are merely relevant to the times in which they were sent, when corporeal punishment was the law. As a muslim I belive that the more ''violent verses'' will detract anyone from harming others physically or mentally. Your an atheist, you do not believe/accept religion, but to us its everything, our way of life, our guide, our chance at redemption, a way to heaven, islam means submission to Allah and peace.

However if I can ask you a question can you please respond politely, why is islam the religion that everyone wants to scrutinize and portray in a bad light? I am not directing this question at you specifically but in general, I want to know and debunk the common stereotypes and myths such as the treatment of women etc...
Nex Angelus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tiberius)
Which one do you give priority over?

And why?

Please note that 'Muslim brothers and sisters' includes all Muslims, even those outside the UK.

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

fellow muzzies ovbs.
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
-Allah (swt)
-The Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)
-Family
-Friends
-Fellow Muslims.

Edit- In that order :P
User414413
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
Ah I'm glad your cleared up your position, because I never trust your intent.

Regardless the articles states,

However, a new study paints a very different picture. While Muslims in three European capitals are indeed highly religious, this piety does not lead to sympathy for terrorism, desires to isolate, or lack of national loyalty. Not surprisingly, the study found that Muslims in London, Berlin, and Paris are much more likely than the general public in their corresponding countries to say religion is an important part of their daily lives, and to identify strongly with their faith. Predictably, the Muslims surveyed are also much more likely to express traditional moral values.

However, religious and national identities are not mutually exclusive. Not only do urban Muslims identify strongly with their religion, but they are at least as likely as the general public to identify strongly with their countries of residence. As a British Muslim MP recently commented, “My nationality is first British and my religion is first Muslim.”

Instead, urban Muslims were slightly less likely to feel people with different religious practices than their own were a threat to their way of life, and slightly more likely than the general public to say they would prefer living in a mixed neighborhood. Not only do religious and national identities coexist, but it is Muslims who are the most eager to forsake isolation for integration.

The evidence indicates that a much more likely threat to European societies than Muslim intolerance of other faiths is the public’s fairly common negative perception of its Muslim neighbors. This danger is reflected in the gap between public perception of Muslim attitudes and the positions Muslim communities actually take.
Yes. And that is the conclusion, that THEY have come to. A different person, could of come to a different conclusion such as Muslims are less ‘loyal’ to their country. But, I generally agree with the Harvard analysis. There is not one conclusion that can come from this poll.A nd why don’t you trust my intent? Look at my analysis.
bill-e
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
My ancestors have created a better country than yours, hence they are smarter than your ancestors and have passed their intelligence down to us. This also means my culture is better than yours.
lol your stupidity / troll'ness makes me laugh
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
I put Muslims before everyone else. Wouldn't want to offend them, see...
You're hilarious.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by najeezy)
Lebanon > UK. You've clearly shown how smart you are today anyway, so need to prove we can all judge for ourselves.
No I haven't. I really haven't. There's been no discussion or anything, nothing to prove my intelligence. An issue this small, as in who Muslims put 'first', holds no substance to debate other than "We hate you and you hate us because we hate you". Now that's hardly a basis for discussion, or at least any discussion requiring the minutest amount of intelligence.
Consilio Et Animis
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No one really.
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOL my ass off <_<ancestors? country? haha :cool:
LOL get yourself and your "ancestors" to rub al kali my friend! 50+C is hell on earth : We live in Hell yet we survive would you? :cool:
lol Its low of me to have an online convo. with a troll of this caliber.
:rofl:
Neelam1982
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
!المسلمون هم الأفضل

(For the moderators: This means "I prefer the Muslims"... or something to that extent)
nihility
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
muslim lives are worth more than kuffar silly. you are islamophobic if you argue otherwise.
najeezy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hahahah, i like your arrogance, but the arabs are the keyholders, they can pull the plug and your power/electricity/source of fuel would be cut off, your ancestors arent clever enough to of have found an alternative, putting your ancestors in the dark age, the arabs have sat on their asses meanwhile they adapt all your inventions and apply them to everyday life, making your ancestors stupider than mine. But just ushering that statement in rules out any form of intelligence in your brain.
Broderss
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by 0201Bean)
You're hilarious.
DON'T JOKE!1 IS ARE SRS BIZNEZ!!
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Neelam1982)
!المسلمون هم الأفضل
quick translation in english!
Yo brodress fella how many languages do you speak, understand? that would tell us much about your bracos/wernickes region ^^
no doubt لا شك
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
Yes. And that is the conclusion, that THEY have come to. A different person, could of come to a different conclusion such as Muslims are less ‘loyal’ to their country. But, I generally agree with the Harvard analysis. There is not one conclusion that can come from this poll.A nd why don’t you trust my intent? Look at my analysis.
:rofl:
You got owned by your own illwilled source.

Subhannalllah
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (379)
79.79%
Leave (96)
20.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise