?
Report 8 years ago
friends!
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Friends? I don't think so. I might've said Scrubs once, but now that I've seen every episode about a hundred times (until series 8 that is, I always miss it on TV and don't have the money atm to buy the dvd) I've got bored of the jokes a bit. Still, it pisses all over Friends and its sheer boringness. Love Phoebe and Joey (and occasionally Chandler), but the rest of them bug the hell out of me. :mad: There are so many decent comedy shows, but Friends isn't one of them...
Phantom_X
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not friends.

In the thick of it, HIMYM, the IT Crowd and the classics ie. black books and blackadder.
number11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
All Blackadder And Fawlty Towers :d
ncsjohn02
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yes agreed OP Friends is Epic. Haters gonna hate :rolleyes: (and have a really poor sense of humour)
Reformed2010
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I enjoyed watching friends but I honestly can't say it made me laugh the most.
LLandersUK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Peep Show
AidanLunn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ned//)
how can you call it primitive humour but then claim monty python isn't HAHAHA LOOK AT THAT MAN HE IS WALKING IN A SILLY WAY xD seriously all these classic british comedies remind me of family guy
Because Monty Python isn't primitive, it's surreal. It's not in every slapstick comedy film or TV show that you get a representative from the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Compare Monty Python humour to Charlie Chaplin or Laurel and Hardy humour and you'll see the difference.
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Malcolm in the Middle - The benchmark for a chaotic family comedy, how Jane Kaczmarek never won an Emmy after seven nominations i'll never know.

Scrubs - Talent lies in being the best at being able to create the most heart wrenching ending after an extremely funny episode.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Launching Will Smiths career and Carlton danceing has to be one of the most famous parts of television! Watch this and you'll see why Will Smith is one of the most wellpayed actors in hollywood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmerFuzRNZ4

Father Ted - A Comedy based around Three Irish Priests, whom Gamble, Drink excessive amounts of alcohol and can be downright stupid, living on a remote island. My Favourite. How could you say no to that plotline?

Da Ali G Show - :toofunny:
BandManDan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Here is a poll so we can collate the answers

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1348988
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
see sig...
Pheylan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ncsjohn02)
Yes agreed OP Friends is Epic. Haters gonna hate :rolleyes: (and have a really poor sense of humour)
you, sir, are an idiot
Eradicus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Friends was ****.

Red Dwarf, The League of Gentlemen, Only Fools & Horses, Cheers, Frasier, The Simpsons, South Park and (a guilty pleasure of mine) American Dad.

and my personal favourites, the absolutely outstanding Arrested Development (almost perfect as far as comedies go) and the brilliant Extras (better than The Office!)

I've yet to see Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfield or 30 Rock but I'd like to.
Eradicus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LLandersUK)
Peep Show
Can't believe I forgot this. Only seen the first season but I was often laughing out loud, which is rare, and the sign of a great comedy. It was hilarious
Eradicus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by musabjilani)
Friends, Friends, Friends!!

No other show even comes close!

I also like Fry and Laurie, and That Mitchell and Webb Look... but no show comes near to Friends. In fact, whenever I watch other sitcoms, it feels like every joke has already been done, in some form or the other, on Friends. Friends had the ideal combination of comedy, drama and "relate-ability".

EDIT: I even watch Scrubs, and regularly follow The Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, but again, Friends>all.
How about comedies you hate, due to being overrated painfully, and often shít?
Friends, Scrubs, 2 Pints of Lager & A Packet of Crisps, Little Miss Jocelyn, Phonejacker, Little Britain, Lee Nelson's Well Good Show, Lunch Monkeys, Family Guy...actually, pretty much any comedy on BBC3.
channy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ncsjohn02
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Pheylan)
you, sir, are an idiot
as are you.
BandManDan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by py0alb)
I'm glad the one thing we can all agree on is that friends is a **** ing **** pointless excuse for a comedy.
er I'm afraid not; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1348988 :yep:
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Only Friends, Only Fools and Horses and Fawlty Towers will make me laugh out loud.
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Friends?

Scrubs?

I'm Alan Partridge
Black Books
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The Thick Of It
Blackadder
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Jam
Brass Eye/The Day Today
Monkey Dust
South Park
The Office
Peep Show

The list of shows that are not only funnier but completely destroy Friends and Scrubs in every way (asides viewing figures, but come on, since when did the average person have good taste?) is immense. I guess Scrubs has John McGinley but he's got to be its one redeeming asset.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
27%
No (695)
73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed