Turn on thread page Beta

Who's the richest on TSR? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgefl22)
    25 and worth way over 1million
    Multiple millions? I'm worth very near two million.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, my parents haven't got a pot to piss in, 48k a year combined income and I'll be ****** if I know where it all goes.

I'm not bad off though, I take home maybe 10-12k a year working round my studies.

ReputationRep:
    im so rich i have a interent subscription, ye beat taht u internet goers

People who brag about their parents' wealth are losers, to be honest. After all, you're so proud because youworked so hard for their money, so you can sponge and not even dip a toe into the real world.

(I was going to post a few stories about some rich people I know and some I'm related to, but it would likely make me and them personally identifiable so I thought better of it)

Bear in mind that most of the richest people in the world today started with absolutely zilch. Those born into obscene money, without being taught the value of it or basic modesty, are doomed to fail as they have no incentive to work.

Back on topic: My current account is sitting at about £900, my savings at ~£30k and I've got a few investments planned to grow the money as best as I can. Due to my MSc, it'll be a little while yet before I have a full-time job. Without going into specifics, I am originally from the upper middle class.

ReputationRep:
    enough..

ReputationRep:
    I iz loaded innit!

I sell pills on street corners mayte!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Sociopath combined with the freedom of the internet. Being very direct has its advantages, and when you are sitting on a sofa watching the Ricky Gervais show it is nice to flick through TSR.
    I love self diagnosed sociopaths, they are just so edgy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    Multiple millions? I'm worth very near two million. Although with some inheretance I'm getting I should be worth over 3 in a year or so.
    Who cares? Apart from that trophy girl who cringes everytime you s**g her....and while in the act think's "just think of the money".

Yep. Now you feel worthless don't you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    well, my dads buisnesses are worth bout £2 million, if that counts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rj1990)
    Who cares? Apart from that trophy girl who cringes everytime you s**g her....and while in the act think's "just think of the money".

Yep. Now you feel worthless don't you :yep:
    So you asked your mum about when me and her hook up? I was going to dump that ugly slapper anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    So you asked your mum about when me and her hook up? I was going to dump that ugly slapper anyway.
    To be honest, she told me last night she was going to dump you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not me

ReputationRep:
    My parents got assets worth an estimated 17million ;_;

But myself I got £130 in bank and £3k savings.

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, I'll probably be up there then.

Many middle class folks, if you combined their assets would end up with 1-2 mill though.
    Middle class? 1-2 million?

what is you idea of middle class?

Yea my parents have an expensive flat.

They also have an expensive mortgage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    That mouseprice thing I have seen talk on this thread has made me rather depressed.
    The lowest costing house on my road was sold in 2000 for £59,000. And the highest is not too impressive either.fml.
    Really don't worry, it got my house price totally wrong. It won't truly know the price unless you recently moved in, in which case you should have known how much it cost anyways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    I love self diagnosed sociopaths, they are just so edgy
    Now see, I am unsure as to whether you have employed sarcasm or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    People who brag about their parents' wealth are losers, to be honest. After all, you're so proud because youworked so hard for their money, so you can sponge and not even dip a toe into the real world.

(I was going to post a few stories about some rich people I know and some I'm related to, but it would likely make me and them personally identifiable so I thought better of it)

Bear in mind that most of the richest people in the world today started with absolutely zilch. Those born into obscene money, without being taught the value of it or basic modesty, are doomed to fail as they have no incentive to work.

Back on topic: My current account is sitting at about £900, my savings at ~£30k and I've got a few investments planned to grow the money as best as I can. Due to my MSc, it'll be a little while yet before I have a full-time job. Without going into specifics, I am originally from the upper middle class.
    ...Bro Story cool?

ReputationRep:
    ...My parents are worth quite a bit more.
    So you keep saying.

Many middle class folks, if you combined their assets would end up with 1-2 mill though.
    Erm.....no.

Upper middle class perhaps, and even then usually living in the most expensive areas of the country.

I don't think a police sergreant (earning 40k) and teacher (earning 28k), owning a four bed detached worth 300k, with two cars (one bought at 10k, the other 18k) will have total assests of over a million. Even with a decent pension and savings Cars depreciate in value.

A designer (28k) and retail manager (25k).

Or an engineer (earning 50k) and soilictor (earning 40k), living in a house worth 500k.

Many middle class families don't even fully own their homes until retirement.

These are the bulk of middle class/middle income families.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megaross)
    Nah, my parents haven't got a pot to piss in, 48k a year combined income and I'll be ****** if I know where it all goes..
    Taxes, mortgage, penson, a couple of holidays, family car (or two), food, bills...did I say taxes?

40k - 50k is comfortable middle income territory. But it doesn't go far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Dude...my flag says i'm English. What currency do you think i use...

:holmes:
    Don't mean to be pedantic but it doesn't say you're English. It suggests you're British.

:getmecoat:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.