Turn on thread page Beta

Would you stay friends with a rapist? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Just a quick question to every one who has posted so far.

If a girl lied about being raped, would you still be friends with her?

I'm just testing the consistency of the members on this board, nothing more.
    Depends how far she took it, if she got someone convicted no.

I dont think in itself it can be compared to rape though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahnaf.c)
    That depends on how you define rape.
    Its similar to asking: would you stay friends with someone if you found out he's Arab?
    No, it really isn't similar at all, matter of fact.

ReputationRep:
    Not. A. Chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oscarwildelike)
    I don't think that lack of empathy is dangerous, after all one doesn't hate soldiers for killing non militants in Iraq, and hold them personally accountable for murder. Nor does one give money to certain charities knowing to do so would directly save lives.
    :lolwut:

This has something to do with empathy?

Also, you're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    No, it really isn't similar at all, matter of fact.
    Let's look at this hypothetical situation.
    The Arab is Mr. X
    Jewish Girl is Ms. Y
    and you, Pink Bullets are Mr. X's friend.

Assuming you find out that Mr. X is an Arab the same time Ms. Y finds out (and you have knowledge of their sexual relationship), that is precisely when he's labelled a rapist. Therefore, finding out that he's an Arab makes him a rapist. Would you still be friends with Mr. X?

Still no?

ReputationRep:
    i'd question her intent and what she wants to achieve by doing it, obviously i'd also help the guy out by giving evidence or whatever.
    I'd still stay friends with her but i will lose respect for her.

ReputationRep:
    I've had experiences with a lot of stuff being discussed on here

I was raped by my ex (after we broke up) whilst he was on drugs and in a state where he seemed to have temporarily lost control of his mind. I got him to stop after I punched him in the face, and screamed at him a lot; it then seemed to sort of 'click' in his brain that what he was doing was wrong. It was horrible.The next day, he claimed to have no memory of the incident, said how sorry he was, how bad he felt, said he'd do anything to make it up to me, begged me not to go to the police becuase he wa sguna turn over a new leaf, etc...for a while I kept in contact with him, because I was weaker and a bit dumb back then, and he was a very manipulative person. But I realised how bad he was and cut him out of my life for good....so now I'd never, ever stay friends with someone who was a rapist!

I'd also never stay friends with someone who lied about being raped. One of my friends did this at school, we were all horrified, obviously, at what she told us, tried to support her, encouraged her to get help, did everything a friend should - and then, a few months later, she admitted that it had never happened. I felt really angry tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree with the fact girls should have the choice to end sex whenever they want to, the fact is that in some circumstances when legally defined rape has occured it isn't the most atrocious act rape is usually. I know I will be flamed for this but it's completely true. If a loving married couple of 10 years have sex and half way through she says she wants to stop, and he carries on for a bit, afterwards she then forgets about it because it didn't effect her in any meaningful or negative way, he's legally a rapist, and to some people she would be the victim of what some people seem to think is the worse thing that can happen to someone. And no one is going to convince me that he should be villified as an absolutely disgusting human being that rapists are (rightly in most cases) seen as.

The only response I will get to this will be "BUT HE'S A RAPIST ANYWAY AND SO HE'S EVIL" this is so twisted. It should be "He did an evil act so he's a rapist" not "He is a rapist so he did an evil act"

I have a 17 year old friend who is going out with a 15 year old girl. She looks about 19 and he looks about 15, she usually gets served and he doesn't. In the eyes of the law he is guilty of a similar crime to child molesters. Legal definitions are not definitive guides of moral standards in the real world.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't believe I could.

ReputationRep:
    No because I don't want to go to jail if I erm...accidently kill the monster :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missvicki)

I'd also never stay friends with someone who lied about being raped. One of my friends did this at school, we were all horrified, obviously, at what she told us, tried to support her, encouraged her to get help, did everything a friend should - and then, a few months later, she admitted that it had never happened. I felt really angry tbh!
    I agree with this too. My cousin told everyone that her stepdad raped her and it wasn't until after the medical examinations were done and it was proven that no single sole had had sex with her, that she told people that she lied, and I can't still believe that he and my family forgave her, because I certainly don't, and what she did still makes me sick and angry to think of it, and the torment that her stepdad is still going through a year on by social services and the courts because he has 2 baby girls too.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question to every one who has posted so far.

I'm just testing the consistency of the members on this board, nothing more.
    i suggest you make a thread regarding this as it will probably get lost in here.

but to answer the question, no i wouldnt i would be as disgusted with her as a rapist.

Ive seen how false claims can screw people up when it comes to this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashalls)
    Depends how far she took it, if she got someone convicted no.

I dont think in itself it can be compared to rape though...
    Yes, it can, it can ruin lives. IMO lying about being raped is equally as bad as being raped.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, jack regan, sinisterly clueless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I agree with this too. My cousin told everyone that her stepdad raped her and it wasn't until after the medical examinations were done and it was proven that no single sole had had sex with her, that she told people that she lied, and I can't still believe that he and my family forgave her, because I certainly don't, and what she did still makes me sick and angry to think of it, and the torment that her stepdad is still going through a year on by social services and the courts because he has 2 baby girls too.
    Did she say why?

In answer to you other quote I would still rather be in his position then raped, not that i'm undermining what happened at all and it's obviously a horrible, nasty thing to do, I just dont think their comparable.

ReputationRep:
    ...but yeah I wouldn't be friends with someone who had sex with a girl against their will in most cases. But I would definitely would distinguish between someone dragging a girl off of a street corner and a boyfriend carrying on for bit after his girlfriend says she wants to stop. The first one I would think of as evil because he probably ruined someones life, and the latter I would think of as a **** because he probably pissed of his girl friend, but I doubt he ruined her life or even significantly effected it in the long run, and I think that is fair and humane.

I also could not be friends with a girl who falsely accused someone of rape. In my opnion she is just as bad as a rapist (I mean the first type) because she is prepared to ruin someones life so readily and callously, doing something like that for attention is as contemptable as doing something for sexual gratification or control. I know a girl who accused her dad of abusing and raping her, which turned out to be complete *********. I have no idea why someone would do this and I consider her to be the most evil person I know.

ReputationRep:
    Did she say why?

In answer to you other quote I would still rather be in his position then raped, not that i'm undermining what happened at all and it's obviously a horrible, nasty thing to do, I just dont think their comparable.
    Because he was filing for divorce against her mum and her mum told her it was the only way to stop him seeing his biological kids and then he'd be out of their life forever. But she was 15 or 16 and should have known better!

ReputationRep:
    All of my friends did...

ReputationRep:
    Did she say why?

I do, not in all cases, but in cases where the guy has had to spend time in prison (which is hell for people convicted of sex related crimes) and in extreme cases guys are actually driven to suicide, it can be just as bad and much worse than rape.

I noticed you asked "did she say why" as if there could possibly be a reason for such a disgisting crime...that to me is very sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Because he was filing for divorce against her mum and her mum told her it was the only way to stop him seeing his biological kids and then he'd be out of their life forever. But she was 15 or 16 and should have known better!
    That's really quite sick...her mum is an abominable human being for telling her to do that.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.