Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We're gonna shake London once again - 30th November - everyone should come! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    University is not a luxury, we supposedly live in a meritocracy (correct me if i'm wrong) so therefore it shouldn't be based on whether or not your parents can afford to pack you off there.

Fortunately my dad can afford the fee's, but I will still be heading to Manchester on Tuesday to protest against it because I know many aren't as fortunate. The idea that this whole scheme will save the nation massive amounts is completely idiotic as people have already explained on here, in the long haul it's going to worsen the nations debt.

+REP!
    yes yes yes!
    i completly agree with every word you said!
    i'm in a similar situation to you aswell

ReputationRep:
    Laughable seriously just funny stuff these protests are because of below.

Basically students no matter how many gather will have no effect on what they decide, the reason being is that the people with the power to change are on a higher income than the average person so they dont have to pay the extra costs or they dont have children facing university so they dont care.

Most dont understand why students from low income background are not rushing to university although they have offered these bonuses. The reason that most students dont go to university is because the students with low income are nomally in the bottom classes at school and are told that they cant go to university. This is not true as i was in this situation and as long as these problems continue no change will come.

As well as liberal democrats realise that there only way into power is to get behind students, just like the students got behind obama in america. However this they can not do easily as it was one of the clauses they signed when they went into power with the Cons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadow99)
    Let's go. I'm ready. But remember no violence or fire extinguishers please !
    +REP
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Nothing will be established with violence, the point is to make your voice heard. With enough support and solidarity of alternative proposals the coalition will back down on student-fee rises.
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Someone should meet me, I want to go but all the people at my college are indifferent and I don't want to go alone. :|
    There is a high chance of me going, I could meet ya
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Social anarchists are so bloody annoying.
    If one believes that metaphorically kicking and screaming will get them their own way, they are gravely mistaken.
    Not only will the protests be of little (if any) consequence, but it will also highlight to the average taxpayer that students are irresponsible, and to people who (let's be honest, mostly) attend top universities, that they all need to put down the Marxist works and buy some sodding shampoo.
    agreed +rep

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants to meet up with me and my friends in London on Tuesday feel free to send me a message.
    We are completely against the violence and do not condone the violent action of others although we do understand why it happens.
    We are part of the larger movement that is growing seemingly really quite quickly against the cuts in general.

I went to a coalition of resistance meeting in central London on Saturday where 1500 people attended.
    There were various speakers including mp's councillors,union reps students disabled ,glbt and others.
    Significant numbers of people are getting themselves organised to fight all the cuts to keep their jobs ,their public services their education etc etc.

There are alternatives to the cuts to get the country out of debt.
    Those that say that there are not are either taken in by the right wing propaganda and lies from the capitalist elite and those who serve them or are part of that elite themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    agreed +rep
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going

It's the only way to get through to these bunch of self serving parasites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluidity)
    Thank you!
    I disagree with you as you have a misconception of Social Anarchists.

-REP

ReputationRep:
    I tell you what! It's going to get proppa nawty tomorrow! And afterwards we are going have to stop and look and one and another and we will have to ask each other this "Was it worth it?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiiitz)
    I tell you what! It's going to get proppa nawty tomorrow! And afterwards we are going have to stop and look and one and another and we will have to ask each other this "Was it worth it?"
    controversial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razzz48)
    controversial
    Not really. This is the only way to get through to those posh boi toffs, who have everything handed down to them.

ReputationRep:
    Also - doesn't it make more sense to protest the funding cuts primarily, over the fees. Particularly when the slogan F**K FEES is, quite frankly, just stupid?

ReputationRep:
    To this thuggish minority:

Feel like smashing a window? No... Make a snowman instead. :mrfreeze:

Hopefully they'll be deterred by the weather anyway.

Stay safe everyone.

ReputationRep:
    pussies... if i was there i would have stabbed at least 20 police officers through the earhole

p.s. apart from the facebook/twitter stuff, is there any way i can specifically follow what's going on with the protest? bbc/itv talk about it VERY briefly, then move on to boring news

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a leftist. I'd like to know what would be the reaction of you retards if those who were in favour of the fee rises started protesting and rioting and attacking police officers in order to force the government to cut taxes and cut all state support for students. Intact forget them rioting, what if they only had a peaceful 'tea party' gathering. Would you consider this acceptable. I highly doubt it, so ****ing behave yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Speaking as a leftist. I'd like to know what would be the reaction of you retards if those who were in favour of the fee rises started protesting and rioting and attacking police officers in order to force the government to cut taxes and cut all state support for students. Intact forget them rioting, what if they only had a peaceful 'tea party' gathering. Would you consider this acceptable. I highly doubt it, so ****ing behave yourself!
    it was very peaceful today tbh, and one a few d**kheads were causing any damage, by throwing snow balls at police officers.

And we split up in numerous groups so that we don't get kettled(one big group got kettled in Trafalgar Sq. but I don't know what happen to them, probably still there), and start having weird ideas such as burning bus stops and vandalising police vans.

I believe it was the most successful protest out of the 3 protest that happened this month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    The economic right don't protest. What does that tell you? It tells you that if things get bad, we don't have to take it and can move. Its a lose lose situation i am afraid.

ReputationRep:
    oh my giddy aunt, give it a rest. you look like a bunch of **** out there. "we iz bare against establishment wid our skinny jeanz and scarfs around faces, smashing up bus stops". grow the **** up. smashing up bus stops and writing stuff on walls isnt "shaking things up", people do that sh** when they're 13.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.