Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remanisce)
    LOOOL. Oh my gorsh. Did you just call me a ********? Think someone is going to get a thumbs down. .

Yeah we should meet up iniesta.
    ...Dani Alves?!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been offered a place for BA primary at Oxford Brookes?
    Can't seem to find any threads on here that aren't PGCE.
    Also, where would you be staying? I don't fancy Harcourt Hill in the slightest. Shared bathrooms and catered food doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
    Any replies much appreciated xx

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer today for Film and Drama, so really excited! I just hope the split modules I'd be doing are cool and I don't miss out on the good stuff from either subject just because I'm doing combined :/ Too many places are like that I've found. Buuuut it doesn't change the fact that I am happy with my offer

Also, for those wondering, Brookes took ages to reply to my application. I telephoned a month ago and eventually spoke to the senior tutor for the department who said they'd find my app and put it on the top to look at asap! When I didn't hear anything for ages again, I rang up again. And again. Again. Then emailed. Then found a different number which was for 'urgent admissions enquiries' and rang that one up. There was never an answer though but finally got through to that number this afternoon. She was a very lovely lady but told me that they'd nothing on the system and that she'd send a message to the lady I first spoke to. ... a couple of hours later I get an offer! I gather that whilst cleaning my room, someone picked my application up and thought I was awesome and made a decision straight away... or possibly - and more likely!- thought, Ah just shut this whiney b*tch up already *tells UCAS to shut her up and give her a place*.

So be persistent. If it helps, when I telephoned each time, I told them that I really needed to know where I stand because I have to start my research into courses for UCAS Extra.

Be determined, persist, bombard with telephone calls and good luck! Oh and message me if you're doing my course, too

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I'm applying for the Architecture course, but I haven't got any news from Oxford Brookes University. No portfolio requests nor information about being unsuccessful with personal statement.
    They haven't got much time left...Should I be worried or not because all other universities have already sent me their requests..
    I'll mention just in case, that I'm from EU...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sand3r)
    Hi!
    I'm applying for the Architecture course, but I haven't got any news from Oxford Brookes University. No portfolio requests nor information about being unsuccessful with personal statement.
    They haven't got much time left...Should I be worried or not because all other universities have already sent me their requests..

I would advise telephoning if you can, and soon! But try not to worry

ReputationRep:
    AHH, just firmed my communications offer with international relations as minor YAAY!

Question, it's not possible to apply for accomodation til after easter right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by remanisce)
    ! Brookes! LAW!
    Oh, you are just gonna LOVE Legal Method in the first semester!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm still waiting to hear back from Brookes I haven't had an acknowledgement either, should I be worried about this? Or should I just wait it out until the 'deadline'? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    How's it going? You heard anything back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Lspice, yeah. To my disappointment, all five universities (Oxford Brookes, Dundee, Westminster, Nottingham and Manchester) decided that I was an unsuccessful. Even though I made one heck of a portfolio imo. You can see this at my homepage http://spaling.planet.ee . (portfolio in in alphabet). It would really mean a lot to me, if you'd give me some feedback about my portfolio.
    I most certaintly will make an application to UK next year as well.

ReputationRep:
    Lspice, yeah. To my disappointment, all five universities (Oxford Brookes, Dundee, Westminster, Nottingham and Manchester) decided that I was an unsuccessful. Even though I made one heck of a portfolio imo. You can see this at my homepage http://spaling.planet.ee . (portfolio in in alphabet). It would really mean a lot to me, if you'd give me some feedback about my portfolio.
    Hey, I'm really sorry to interupt your conversation and also to hear about the decisions made by your chosen universities but I would like to help and put my input on your portfolio. I recieved an offer from Oxford Brookes and am hoping to start Architecture in Sept so I might be of help, what I found you lacked in your portfolio was creativity and your ideas needs to be expanded, also how your portfolio is layed out..Apparently Unis do not like it set in presentation form or on powerpoint presentation. If you want to ask me questions, Im happy to help as much as I can, Im no expert but that is my opinion on your portfolio.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by JKXN)
    Hey, I'm really sorry to interupt your conversation and also to hear about the decisions made by your chosen universities but I would like to help and put my input on your portfolio. I recieved an offer from Oxford Brookes and am hoping to start Architecture in Sept so I might be of help, what I found you lacked in your portfolio was creativity and your ideas needs to be expanded, also how your portfolio is layed out..Apparently Unis do not like it set in presentation form or on powerpoint presentation. If you want to ask me questions, Im happy to help as much as I can, Im no expert but that is my opinion on your portfolio.
    Hi Sand3r, I'm really sorry to hear about the decisions made by your chosen universities, too. As I'm not an Architecture applicant I feel my input would probably be inadequate, although I agree with JKXN, creativity does not shine through with this form of presentation/layout. Maybe a PDF would make it easier/clearer to see your ideas in a different layout.

In response to an email I sent, a kind lady informed me that my application was very strong but unfortunately my application has been unsuccessful due to the amount of applicants this year (over 530 with only 20 places) for Film Studies. She was kind enough to say that she held on to my application for a while in hope that a place would come up.

I'm extremely disappointed as Brookes was where I wanted to study but what can ya do. What will be will be. X

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer for Japanese Studies/International Relations.
    It was my first choice in Britain, so I'm really happy.

ReputationRep:
    So close to firming brookes and as I clicked submit, the page timed out, why inflict that pain on me, now deciding whether to go through with it again! ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannNNNAAARRR)
    I firmed Brookes!
    Sport, Coaching and PE <3
    CANT WAIT!
    I've accepted my unconditional offer for Sports, Coaching and PE / Geography. I can't wait either! What grades to you need for the full sport course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan1192)
    I've accepted my unconditional offer for Sports, Coaching and PE / Geography. I can't wait either! What grades to you need for the full sport course?
    ACC

ReputationRep:
    Brookes! Architecture

ReputationRep:
    communications with international relations, wohoo! got my accommodation today aswell, clive booth en suite

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Network Computing here at Brookes, like everyone else im waiting on my grades etc but i wanted to post to see if anyone else has applied for this course, or a similar course.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Clive Booth also, in T7A. I didn't realise it was so big...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.