Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's so special about Emma Watson? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    I didn't say you didn't read it, going by that reply I have come to the conclusion that you literally cannot read.
    And i have come to the conclusion that you are immature and Illiterate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I fail to see the fascination. Yes, she's smart but stunning? That's kinda pushing it.
    People say that she's 'so beautiful' and I don't see it. She's an average looking girl, her features are plain (with or without long hair). I sincerely think that if she wasn't famous, I wouldn't look twice at her if she was walking down the street. Also she's an okay actress, nothing special, she tends to move her eyebrows a lot (which I find a little strange lol). I can only really class Emma as a very lucky girl.

BTW: This really has nothing to do with jealously, it's just my opinion. You can neg all you want. :upyours:

Those who are calling me a 'jealous *****' are obviously being defensive because they can't accept that fact that someone had badmouthed their precious Emma . If anything I find it annoying that people talk about her as if she's the 2nd coming of Christ. Stop comparing her to overrated stars like Jordan or Cher, they're many stars out there who are naturally stunning, talented and intelligent but don't get half the recognition as Emma. What's more, i'm sure your sisters/cousins/friends are also lovely, pretty and smart but you don't put them on a pedestal.

What's funny is that some you guys talk about her as if you actually know her, laugh out loud. Yes, she is smart but that doesn't excuse the fact that she's not that great at acting; okay okay maybe I was a little harsh with the average looking bit, but she's certainly no stunner (even with all the fancy clothes and make-up).

Can't act but has a beautiful face. Same as Keira Knightley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Err.. no.. I think you need to calm down. You're acting a little to extreme.
    And they do photoshop everything a lot. Pointing that out doesn't make one jealous.
    whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    t but that doesn't excuse the fact that she's not that great at acting
    I'll never understand comments like this. She's the lead female in one of the biggest franchises ever created; she wouldn't have gotten the role is she wasn't a good actress - fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    I'll never understand comments like this. She's the lead female in one of the biggest franchises ever created; she wouldn't have gotten the role is she wasn't a good actress - fact.
    Emma isn't bad, I've never thought that. And she has gotten very good reviews for her acting in Deathly Hallows. I like them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    beautiful face. Same as Keira Knightley.
    ehhh

annoying lips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    She was young, she had no experience, she was picked because she looked the part. FACT. It had nothing to do with how good of an actor she was. She was just lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    'What's so special about Jonny Depp' or some other idol alot of girls love.
    You're blind. Pretty but not beautiful. I know beauty when I see it. Emma stone has nicer features. The fact the she played a leading in Harry Potter automatically makes her hot in your eyes. admit it. Johnny Deep a very talented actor, the fact he can play roles that completely contrast his natural character (which is very passive) is truly awesome. It's as if Edward Scissor hands, Jack Sparrow and Willy Wonker are being played by 3 different men. He can even pull off a convincing British accent. If you think Emma is at the same standard as Johnny (acting wise) than there's something seriously wrong with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    yeah I was right...you are jealous...you can't admit to the fact that Ashley Tisdale has a better body than yours...that she's much prettier...more beautiful...gets more attention...more successful...why the **** would they photoshop something like that on a freaking magazine? Just google her pictures when she's at the beach and you'll know...

Why am I even EXPLAINING this to u? You're a dumb crow with nothing better to do than feel jealous and envy other people...get lost...get a life...and do something about yourself since you sound like a miserable old HAG
    Hun, there are millions of people who have better bodies than me and I'm not jealous of them or criticizing them for being fake.... In fact, if I were to call everyone I'm jealous of fake, I'd be ****ging off some of my favourite people!
    And I would think before accusing someone of having a **** body when you have no idea what they look like :rolleyes:
    OHNOEZ a celeb gets more attention than me!!! a) I do not particularly crave attention, it is a sure-fire way to ensure that I will trip over b)there are tons of other celebs that have more attention than me, if I were to choose someone to be jealous of in relation to how much attention they got, wouldn't it be more likely I chose Miley Cyrus or someone? Or MJ, perchance?
    Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder and being jealous of her looks would make it sound as if I wanted to look like her, which I don't. I would rather be the hag I am now than a plastic disney creation, but then that's just me.

Erm, you do realise that pretty much every magazine cover photograph will have been photoshopped, especially with an image like that. I hate to break it to you, but she's a human being at the end of the day, she will have pores, hair and blemishes - just like everyone else, but that picture makes her look flawless so if nothing else they've at least touched up her skin, but it's most likely that they've done other things too - that's just the way the media is, no matter how beautiful someone is orginally, they can always enhance it.

Google her pictures? Nah, I'll leave you to do that - I'm sure you'd derive much more satisfaction from it than I ever could.

Please explain to me how you cam to the conclusion that I am dumb? Some evidence of that would be nice.

Yes, it's obviously me that has no life, when you're the one who seems to stalk female celebrities like there's no tomorrow.

Oh no, you insulted me I am just so terribly upset by that personal remark that has no relevance to the matter at hand that I may just go cry in a corner :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you would

that's all I have to say

ReputationRep:
    I like her. I don't worship her though. I kinda admire her for considering giving up HP because it was going to interfere with her exams. I think she's a good actress, and she's smart and she seems nice enough. Not arrogant. That's why a lot of people like her.

ReputationRep:
    There's something sort of girl-next-doorish about her, and the fact that you could probably see her walking down your street to the shop, for example, which probably adds to the attraction and makes her seem even more 'beautiful'. She is very pretty though! And just seems like a REALLY normal, down to earth person who hasn't let anything get to their head. Which again, is quite an attractive trait.

(Original post by T-Toe)
    Stop comparing her to overrated stars like Jordan or Cher.
    What? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Unless OP is a lesbian, their opinion is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    I'd certainly give her 10 and a half inches of pure magic...

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how much 'neg rep' I'll get for this but she is quite a hypocrite. She insists that she wants to focus on her education and it's likely that she won't do any more acting. This and that she just wants to live a normal life. Why would she then fly to Brown in a helicopter, landing in the grounds? Not very inconspicuous is it? :hmmm:

I personally never liked her, but really only based on the fact that I wanted to be Hermione :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I fail to see the fascination. Yes, she's smart but stunning? That's kinda pushing it.
    People say that she's 'so beautiful' and I don't see it. She's an average looking girl, her features are plain (with or without long hair). I sincerely think that if she wasn't famous, I wouldn't look twice at her if she was walking down the street. Also she's an okay actress, nothing special, she tends to move her eyebrows a lot (which I find a little strange lol). I can only really class Emma as a very lucky girl.

BTW: This really has nothing to do with jealously, it's just my opinion. You can neg all you want. :upyours:

Those who are calling me a 'jealous *****' are obviously being defensive because they can't accept that fact that someone had badmouthed their precious Emma . If anything I find it annoying that people talk about her as if she's the 2nd coming of Christ. Stop comparing her to overrated stars like Jordan or Cher, they're many stars out there who are naturally stunning, talented and intelligent but don't get half the recognition as Emma. What's more, i'm sure your sisters/cousins/friends are also lovely, pretty and smart but you don't put them on a pedestal.

What's funny is that some you guys talk about her as if you actually know her, laugh out loud. Yes, she is smart but that doesn't excuse the fact that she's not that great at acting; okay okay maybe I was a little harsh with the average looking bit, but she's certainly no stunner (even with all the fancy clothes and make-up).
    im from South east asia and i've seen many mags with her on the cover. i mean, seriously, what is the fascination with her? gosh. i totally agree with u on the points you highlighted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    There's something sort of girl-next-doorish about her, and the fact that you could probably see her walking down your street to the shop, for example, which probably adds to the attraction and makes her seem even more 'beautiful'. She is very pretty though! And just seems like a REALLY normal, down to earth person who hasn't let anything get to their head. Which again, is quite an attractive trait.

What? :lolwut:
    Many say she's a better role model than Cher, Jordan, or Lindsay Lohan, they're many lovely young celebs who just as sensible at Emma, but people don't worship the ground they walk on. OVERRATED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    Unless OP is a lesbian, their opinion is invalid.
    I have a right to state my opinion, jerk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    they're many stars out there who are naturally stunning, talented and intelligent but don't get half the recognition as Emma.
    Do name a few, Or you just hating cause you don't look half as good as her.

Are you one of those girls who's like ugly and looks down on everyone because you see yourself as a good looking girl.

To be honest, Majority of girls out there are ugly only a select few of the diamonds shine from the rest of the dirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaturalDisaster)
    I like her. I don't worship her though. I kinda admire her for considering giving up HP because it was going to interfere with her exams. I think she's a good actress, and she's smart and she seems nice enough. Not arrogant. That's why a lot of people like her.
    That's honestly not what I've heard, taking my opinion out of the equation entirely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.