Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    A lot of the little snippets I've read look like they could easily strain relations between countries. I'm sure the US have lost a little trust from the likes of Britain, France etc. who have learnt their ally is spying on them (while it would be a bit naive to think they weren't, having it confirmed is a bit of a kick in the teeth - especially now it's public and they need to demonstrate to their population that US spying on them isn't an acceptable thing).
    The kick in the nuts is that this information has gone public, I am pretty much sure all these governments were well aware of spying on each other. The UK will probably claim to work with US in such matters, use a few fancy words make it look all good and call it the US-UK relations or something :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    I'm woefully dumb.

Can someone quickly explain what's happening? What is everything? Is WW3 going to happen?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...plomacy-crisis

This should get you up to speed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...plomacy-crisis

This should get you up to speed!
    This is so exciting! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    This is so exciting! :eek:
    The thing is not all of this is completely shocking

We already know Saudis don't trust Iran, US doesn't trust Pakistan and the safety of their nuclear weapons etc etc.

Still to see world leaders described in such undiplomatic language is quite

ReputationRep:
    Went through it briefly. They already have Arab leaders (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain) telling the US to attack Iran. That in itself is a disgrace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Yeah, it's a 2GB encrypted file that Wikileaks have released, which will be unlocked by a code that will be revealed if Assange is killed. To be honest, it sounds like a bluff to me (if they've got such Earth-shattering information, surely they'd release it) but if it's legit, it's probably something major.
    Yeah, I call bluff on this one, It's probably just empty. I imagine it's pretty effective at deterring any threats though, I wouldn't want to risk it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Forget WW3 and Korea, this is the real ****!!!
    On Tuesday we get Wikileaks+WW3/Korea mixed into one huge story as the leaks focus on Korea

ReputationRep:
    What is most disconcerting is that our governments' respective cyber-defence divisions haven't even the capability to stop a massive leak from hitting the internet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    I'm looking forward to Obama's comments on David Cameron.
    What happened here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    On Tuesday we get Wikileaks+WW3/Korea mixed into one huge story as the leaks focus on Korea
    Looks like this week isn't going to be that boring after all :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-friends)
    Went through it briefly. They already have Arab leaders (Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain) telling the US to attack Iran. That in itself is a disgrace!
    I'm glad that it demonstrates the Americans showed restraint when it came to Iran, they had support and even pressure from all the Arab states and Israel to launch both aerial and ground attacks on Iran - but they didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Is there a official website where all the leaks are posted, or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Tuesday is the last day in November and therefore the last day for WW3 to start, according to Baba Vanga ))
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-friends)
    Why? Why should other middle Eastern leaders put up with a nuclear Iran that will destabilise the area and cause a possible nuclear arms race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    Tuesday is the last day in November and therefore the last day for WW3 to start, according to Baba Vanga ))
    Her predictions are ****ing scary!!!! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    This kind of reminds of me of someone sending a *****y text, and sending it to the person they were *****ing about by accident.

I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    Oh bloody hell! the site is down... F*** OFF USA! we want the truth damn it! We know most of the things anyway, but having them leaked and making them fact is a whole step up.
    Edit: http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/

-J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    Yup,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Thyme)
    http://88.80.13.160/ not if you use their IP. BUT, they've taken the site offline for "maintenance"....

Has anyone actually got hold of any of the files yet?

-J
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/inte...bles-wikileaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Her predictions are ****ing scary!!!! :zomg:
    Yeah, I'm already planning my escape to South Africa because of the radioactive showers here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.