Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliakhtar)
    What was his fourth AS?
    Chemistry , but we are also doing AQA Baccalaureate as an extra ( As critical thinking + extended project). You get around 120-130 UMS for it, sort of like an A level. It's a very good distinction I must admit. I have got my Southampton offer within 3-4 days after sending application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    6 a levels lol 3 a levels is enough stop being silly and get a life for christ sake make some friends or something
    I was just asking. If you don't have anything productive to say then f*** off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaosu_souzousha)
    Chemistry , but we are also doing AQA Baccalaureate as an extra ( As critical thinking + extended project). You get around 120-130 UMS for it, sort of like an A level. It's a very good distinction I must admit. I have got my Southampton offer within 3-4 days after sending application.
    Don't think that's offered in my school :/ Do you think IB or A-Level is better?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Um can I ask what kind of grades you got in AS and what you are predicted currently? So you took Chemistry, Physics, Maths and FMaths right? What else did you do to get accepted? Any volunteering or research?
    4A's at AS ( a full A-level in maths and then 3 A's at AS for physics,chemistry and Fine Art).

Now I'm doing further maths, chemistry and physics and retaking one maths module to try get the A*.

My Ums were generally just about the 90% mark.

I did no volunteering or research. I just attended some school physics trips and read a few books. Read some articles to do with physics to.

oh and I got 4 A*'s and 4 A's and 1 B and a credit in IT at GCSE which is significantly less than what you're predicted so you'll be fine with just 4-5 AS levels. Physics isn't competitive.

ReputationRep:
    I was just asking. If you don't have anything productive to say then f*** off
    lol kid with no life getting mad?

ReputationRep:
    lol kid with no life getting mad?
    Lol the very fact that your arguing over a forum is sad. Please shut up and leave You don't even know me so stop judging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat-Love)
    4A's at AS ( a full A-level in maths and then 3 A's at AS for physics,chemistry and Fine Art).

Now I'm doing further maths, chemistry and physics and retaking one maths module to try get the A*.

My Ums were generally just about the 90% mark.

I did no volunteering or research. I just attended some school physics trips and read a few books. Read some articles to do with physics to.

oh and I got 4 A*'s and 4 A's and 1 B and a credit in IT at GCSE which is significantly less than what you're predicted so you'll be fine with just 4-5 AS levels. Physics isn't competitive.
    OK thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    Lol the very fact that your arguing over a forum is sad. Please shut up and leave You don't even know me so stop judging.
    lol arguing over a forum is sad since when that's what forums are for......

ReputationRep:
    lol arguing over a forum is sad since when that's what forums are for......
    Arguing over something stupid that is to no benefit to anyone is sad

ReputationRep:
    Arguing over something stupid that is to no benefit to anyone is sad
    that statement is subjective

ReputationRep:
    that statement is subjective
    Calling someone sad because they want to further their education is stupid and immature. It's their choice and who are you tell anyone they have no life.

ReputationRep:
    Calling someone sad because they want to further their education is stupid and immature. It's their choice and who are you tell anyone they have no life.
    i didn't ever say it was sad

ReputationRep:
    i didn't ever say it was sad
    You said I need a life which is basically calling me sad and you said I have no friends. Your automatically suggesting that anyone who likes to study and wants to do more A-Levels to see what they are capable of have no friends and live in their own world. Be nice, you might end up working for one of these 'lifeless' people one day.

ReputationRep:
    If you are looking for physics work experience the National Physics Laboratory in Teddington offers work placements for students. I tried to apply this year but I was much too late. Maybe next year...

ReputationRep:
    Don't think that's offered in my school :/ Do you think IB or A-Level is better?
    you can get into a uni with both so they can't be bad
    I had no choice so it's A levels for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.alexanderh)
    If you are looking for physics work experience the National Physics Laboratory in Teddington offers work placements for students. I tried to apply this year but I was much too late. Maybe next year...
    Thanks but I don't live in the UK. I'm studying at The English College, Dubai

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but I don't live in the UK. I'm studying at The English College, Dubai
    My bad.

ReputationRep:
    If you're doing edexcel (not sure about the other exam boards) for maths, try to do F.maths Additional AS with extra mechanics modules (m3,m4,m5). I'm pretty sure you'd do M1 and m2 in maths and further anyway and I'm sure you'll love the mechanics modules in maths. They're absolutely awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manu7014)
    If you're doing edexcel (not sure about the other exam boards) for maths, try to do F.maths Additional AS with extra mechanics modules (m3,m4,m5). I'm pretty sure you'd do M1 and m2 in maths and further anyway and I'm sure you'll love the mechanics modules in maths. They're absolutely awesome.
    Thanks for the advice! I'll try and do all M1-5 modules in AS and A2

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your response. My only concern is versatility. All my subjects are focused on Maths and Science alone. My brother got rejected from Boston University as his subjects were not diverse enough
    hey there,
    i think it depends on the subject that your planning on applying for at uni. i have a lot of friends who are doing pure science and maths, and they seem to be pulling in the offers, so i think you should be okay. ive got bio, chem, phys and history, and i got a conditional from portsmouth, and they only want my science subjects...so i think you should be fine! just take the subjects you enjoy, you dont want to end up regretting it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.