The Student Room Group

Snow

Scroll to see replies

A good foot of snow here - college is closed! For the first time ever
Original post by Supernovae
A good foot of snow here - college is closed! For the first time ever

LOL, you also live in north Yorkshire, which college is?
Still have the remnants of the showers we had last week outside. It isn't snowing in my part of Herefordshire at the moment, but there's a heavy frost and a pretty ominous looking sky. Reckon we're going to be in for some later and dreading it as I have to drive to London and back today. Argh!
Reply 123
Not even a hint of it.
Oh dear god yes. My buses have stopped, no school :biggrin:
No. It is at home though :sad:
Very frosty but no snow.
Ugh, it's snowing here, and it's settled quite a bit. Not going ANYWHERE today. Bah humbug.
(Doncaster, btw)

(edited 13 years ago)
Yesss!!!! There is so much on the ground and it is snowing :biggrin: It looks so pretty!
No, BBC Weather lied to me :emo:
It is neither snowing here in Southampton, nor at my home near Lyme Regis.

Barely a hint of frost either.
Reply 131
Spent the weekend in south cheshire, dusting of snow on friday night, enough to stop ice on paths being so slippy but nothing more, just cold.

Sunday night i drove to Aberystwyth enroute home to staffordshire (as you do) and was mainly amazed how driveable it was, there was 2inches or so covering from Shrewbury onwards but bar the occational spit small of surface run off at edge of the road it was all clear. Lowest temp the car recored was -13. Main hold up was a smattering of people who where driving localled, clearly hadnt tested the grip, and hence where driving at 20mph on the a-roads when everyone else was doing 50-60
Return drive was much the same only with the other traffic I made what is basically a normal time. Only the actuall road to our house where they hadnt grited and there was said 2-3inchs of snow, compacted enough to be very slippy.

Daniel
Yup, it's not stopped for like a week now. It's pretty darn deep, not looking forward to walking to work ¬¬
It's up to my knees at least, and the roads aren't even gritted!!
Original post by jeffercake
Ugh, it's snowing here, and it's settled quite a bit. Not going ANYWHERE today. Bah humbug.
(Doncaster, btw)

How can't you go anywhere in that? That's nothing :rolleyes: pfft :tongue:
Yeah there's been a tiny bit I believe, but it's just been frosty as.

Not that I really cared being in the back of a nice warm ambulance and sat in hospital all night.
Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
I'm not from the north but I love the snow... You guys are so lucky I don't get snow THAT much :frown:

You really dont want to be up here right now, im actually off placement as cant get my car off the estate
Reply 136
LOOK ....
IM REALY QUITE UPSET
you see iv been driving in the snow for more than 3 years no and today i have my early driving lesson and i crashed in the snow, loosing the 2.60 pounds i would usually be getting an hour!!
WHERE IS THE SALT PEOPLE! WHERE!!
james dawes
Nope, had a bit of frost though.
I think snow is on the horizon though, which I would welcome. I would much prefer working from home.
Reply 138
No :shifty:
Snowed back home though :moon:
No snow anywhere the Mediterranean yet..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending