Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

women, what would be the age you would expect to have first and last kids, ideally ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would rather adopt - around the age of 27? maybe sooner

ReputationRep:
    22-30

I'd like to be a young mum, my mum was 24 and my dad was 27 when they had me and it's been lovely. However, obviously that means that it's harder to provide financial stability etc for your children, so I'm already planning to save a house deposit by the end of uni and hopefully get a job with high starting salary and excellent maternity provision to make it easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    But they don't have to leave you. Some couples make it work. Anyhow, having kids is hard work but it's more worthwhile and beautiful than some psuedo-important career in a world when power elites are attempting to own your soul anyhow.
    Well, some people like kids and some don't. I don't think that nowadays there is a wrong or right answer to that question. Even if I wouldn't have a career, I wouldn't want kids. That's just my opinion and my personality.

ReputationRep:
    Not looking to have any kids just yet, if I do then it will probably be in my 30's and then just the one.

ReputationRep:
    First around this age tbh, before I'm 22.
    Last, about 30ish.

ReputationRep:
    First- hopefully in my mid 20s.
    Last- none after 35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    First- hopefully in my mid 20s.
    Last- none after 35.
    This thread is aimed at women.

ReputationRep:
    First: 24-27yo
    Last: 33yo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    This thread is aimed at women.
    Exactly, gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    No, I know the risks don't majorly go up. But it's just reserach suggests it's ideal for them to have them slightly younger than they are, like before the 30-35 zone, although that zone is ok too, for the absolute optimum fertility and health for the baby.. I know that psychologicaly, economic factors etc also matter.
    If you want to talk about maximum fertility then that's probably around age 20, but then how many women are ready for kids at that age? I think optimum age taking into account ALL factors is probably 25-35.

ReputationRep:
    first child, about 28, last child maybe 35? x

ReputationRep:
    well i wanna get marrid around 25..and the first few years i just wanna have fun with my partner..live my life to the full.after 30's you enter the "more mature" pahse
    so i'd wanna have

first kid 27-30

and maybe one at 33?

last kid 35

i don't wanna be and old mum but then again i dont' wanna waste my 20's on kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Exactly, gtfo.
    Biggest compliment ever. :shades:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a set plan

What happens, happens. Ideally I don't really want to be an "old" mum - so before 35!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    first child, about 28, last child maybe 35? x
    And use condoms in between??

ReputationRep:
    And use condoms in between??
    Only if it's a particularly bad time to have a baby :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    30 - 37. Want to live my life in my twenties.

ReputationRep:
    First 30
    Last 35

ReputationRep:
    christ, if I were to be following some of your ideas of when I should and shouldn't be having kids I would be past it. I'm 33 and I haven't even yet had a first child

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, first kid 25, last kid 33.
    Realistically, first 28, last, 35.

My mum had me at 37 and (although my parents are awesome and rasied me v well) I think that's a bit too old - all my grandparents died by the time I was 14

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.