France Grand Slam
    3.39%
    Italy Title
    1.69%
    Italy Grand Slam
    4.24%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formerly LieDown)
    I know, I could have saved my many non-rugby-watching friends the pain of talking to them about the Six Nations if I had just realise this was here! :rolleyes:

I see Martin Johnson has released a few key players to their clubs: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...sh/9400006.stm

That must have been a bit of a worrying decision to make.
    I don't think it would have been too worrying because the players he has released haven't really played that much. It will prob be good for them to get the match practice.

Btw...I like your Sammy quote, that was a funny episode.

ReputationRep:
    Clueless. Absolutely clueless: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9402342.stm

England the big boys of world rugby?? Their record since 2003 proves otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlazingApostle)
    Clueless. Absolutely clueless: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9402342.stm

"England forwards coach John Wells described Palmer as "near enough the complete forward for the modern age"

:rofl:

ReputationRep:

That's pretty bad quoting from the BBC. His comments weren't about England being the big boys of rugby strictly, but about the various reasons why people particularly want to beat England:

"Everyone hates the English."
    "That's just the way it is really, it's all part of our colonial history and our empire."

And his references to being big are about being the biggest union, which IIRC is true (in terms of population, number of players, etc., though I don't know about France), rather than about being the strongest team.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9403441.stm

Allez la France

ReputationRep:
    I'd expect a welshman to back France. Losing still hurts, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Anyone but England. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    To all France supporters:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Yes it does. But I'd back the French over your lot any day of the week. As has been said.....:

It will be a hell of a game though.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind seeing England take a battering I must admit. The look on Johnson's orc face would be reason enough. I'd also love to see one of the France players attempt an Ashton swan dive just to take the piss, especially if they're running away with it. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind seeing England take a battering I must admit. The look on Johnson's orc face would be reason enough. I'd also love to see one of the France players attempt an Ashton swan dive just to take the piss, especially if they're running away with it. :cool:
    Love the French swan dive! That would shut Twickenham up.

Part of me though wants England to win and win against Scotland so the grand slam hangs in the balance in Dublin. Then the Irish can step in and swipe it right from under their noses THEN I'd pay money to see Johnson's face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curzon)
    Love the French swan dive! That would shut Twickenham up.

Part of me though wants England to win and win against Scotland so the grand slam hangs in the balance in Dublin. Then the Irish can step in and swipe it right from under their noses THEN I'd pay money to see Johnson's face.
    That would be pretty damn hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    THEN I'd pay money to see Johnson's face.
    Sorta like this I'd imagine:

But, in the context, a million times sweeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    That would be pretty damn hilarious.
    Maybe they could be a point down with no time left and Ashton could **** up a swan dive.

Sorta like this I'd imagine:

But, in the context, a million times sweeter
    Just like that

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they could be a point down with no time left and Ashton could **** up a swan dive.
    It would be epic. Even better if it was a deciding match for the championship, so they lose both the GS and the championship as well, on points difference. Mwhahahahaha, that's going to be such a fun game to watch regardless.

ReputationRep:
    It would be epic. Even better if it was a deciding match for the championship, so they lose both the GS and the championship as well, on points difference. Mwhahahahaha, that's going to be such a fun game to watch regardless.
    Only problem is given England's score vs. Italy, the points difference thing is problematic :sad:

I'd actually prefer France to be scuppered by England, but it's gotta be close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Only problem is given England's score vs. Italy, the points difference thing is problematic :sad:

I'd actually prefer France to be scuppered by England, but it's gotta be close.
    I don't know, France could easily trounce Italy by more if they start playing on form. We could conceivably beat Scotland by that much if we have a good day and they have a **** day.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't see England losing on PD if they win the next two games to be honest. France, us and Ireland would have our work cut out. The Italy game is massive for Wales on Saturday, we need to put a massive score on them if we want to keep in with a chance (unless England and France both lose their last two games by some miracle).

If England beat France, it's probably safe to say they will beat the Scots (and most likely by a good amount) at home in the next game. If that happens then they will probably be home free. But come on you Irish, we'll all be counting on you in that case to take the GS away from them!

Edit: Actually if France lose against England but smash Italy and beat us (), and England lose against Ireland or Scotland (and lose a good bit of PD), then it will still be very close. And if Ireland... Wales... *brain begins to melt*

ReputationRep:
    Marc Lievremont stoking the fire - even though half the media and fans aren't exactly keen on him in France! If France don't win that is going to backfire on him in a big way!

Hope England win (obviously) and would like to see Wood retained at 6 with Moody at 7 and back as captain. Stick Croft/Haskell on the bench. Probably Haskell as he's been good and Croft is still returning to match fitness.

Prediction: England 30- France 18. MOTM: Moody/Ashton.

ReputationRep:
    All this anyone-but-England style talk will just make winning the 6N that much sweeter :p: It removes any gentlemanly desire not to rub people's noses in it, at least...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.