(Original post by Some random guy)
    AlQaeda.com it seems.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/...f7fff7.jpg?v=0

Translation: Ha, I see what you did there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    No. I am an honest person. :zomg:

/truedat
    Oh, well I am a very good student because i pay attention , thank you for noticing
    (unless that was sarcasm there as well...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Well when the Imam came to our school for RE i assumed he knew what he was talking about. That doesnt seem very nice. Does that mean I cant be your friend :cry:
    That's the reason why Islam is the only religion of love and peace.

No other religion has such a huge conversion rate like Islam.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you look into Islam yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    That's the reason why Islam is the only religion of love and peace.

No other religion has such a huge conversion rate like Islam.
    Come on man, we dont have to be best friends and go to the arcade every day. We can be buddies. Or pen pals. None of the religions say that we cant be penpals (internet wasnt invented back then dontcha know )

ReputationRep:
    Come on man, we dont have to be best friends and go to the arcade every day. We can be buddies. Or pen pals. None of the religions say that we cant be penpals (internet wasnt invented back then dontcha know )
    I can be your best freind if you want.

But you will have to accept Islam.

Than we can play games and go out chillin everyday.

What you rekon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyrrho)
    LOL
    lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well I am a very good student because i pay attention , thank you for noticing
    (unless that was sarcasm there as well...)
    Are you flirting with me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    Read my second to last post on P.5.

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors; they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust. (The Noble Quran, 5:51)"

Friends could only be made for Dawah purposes:

Dawah= Trying to guide/invite a non-muslim to Islam.

"O ye who believe! Take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport - whether among those who received the Scripture (i.e., the Bible) before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have Faith (indeed). (The Noble Quran, 5:57)"

"Yea, to those who take for friends unbelievers rather than believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay,- all honour is with God. (The Noble Quran, 4:139)"

"O ye who believe! Turn not (for friendship) To people on whom Is the Wrath of Allah. Of the Hereafter they are Already in despair, just as The Unbelievers are In despair about those (Buried) in graves. (The Noble Quran, 60:13)"
    LOOL this is jokes, so if all this is true i can't be mates / best mates with my muslim mates ?

ReputationRep:
    OP seriously do what the hell you want if you feel like asking her out go for it...worse she can say is no right? remember she has hormones as well ....no one in this world is perfecto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lallylally)
    LOOL this is jokes, so if all this is true i can't be mates / best mates with my muslim mates ?
    Well no you can't, but if they are freinds with you than its not like they are following their religion strictly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawasdee)
    You need to convert into Islam to marry her
    This is NOT a joke. My sis married Muslim guy and she converted herself into Islam prior to marriage.
    No, actually, I think you'll find, while a Muslim woman has to marry a fellow Muslim, a Muslim man, can marry someone of any of the Abrahamic faiths (i.e Judaism, Christianity and Islam)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not sure what to do tbh. It sounds like it'll either be a right laugh or I'll get battered by a mob of angry pakistani men.
    Why don;t you pretend to be moslim as well

ReputationRep:
    Umm she is prolly straight. Or worse..homophobic.

Not judging but if shes tutting at skirts...

Edit: i'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    Well when the Imam came to our school for RE i assumed he knew what he was talking about. That doesnt seem very nice. Does that mean I cant be your friend :cry:
    :console:

I'll be your fwend :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c++renegade)
    No, actually, I think you'll find, while a Muslim woman has to marry a fellow Muslim, a Muslim man, can marry someone of any of the Abrahamic faiths (i.e Judaism, Christianity and Islam)
    She was Buddhism and....that's not fair for Muslim women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this girl in one of my seminar groups that I really like. We get on really well and have the same warped sense of humour. However, she is quite a strict muslim, or at least appears so. She always wears hijab, tuts at girls wearing skirts and me wearing shorts once (wtf?) and lectures me on how my lifestyle is leading me "down the wrong path" yadayada. Besides this one aspect of her personality (religion) I find her kind and charming. I'm starting to develop a crush on her.

Could any muslims give me a perspective on whether we could be in a relationship, what her male family members reactions would be etc.
    If she's a very strict muslim, she's not supposed to spend time with a guy without another person there to oversee activies, nevermind whether he's muslim or not, nevermind dating.
    To her family, you are Kafir, and she should not be talking to you.

You should ask her first of all if she's allowed to date people - that'll give you a good ground to go off. If she says yes, ask if it's only muslim boys - not all muslims are very strict about these things.

However, if you did want to date her, and this was acceptable, i'd presume you'd have to stop living a life that is what she would think of as sinful, as this would make things a million times worse for her. If her dad found out you drank she probably wouldn't be able to spend time with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipulledhermione)
    :console:

I'll be your fwend :yep:
    Gee really? That'd be great. So...sleepover:sexface:?

Lol i joke. So...you come here often?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Are you flirting with me?
    Nooo. I'm in to the girls mate, Im no Back-door Brian.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.