Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if you met a burglar in your house? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What would you do if you met a burglar in your house?
    Give in to the demands of the burglar to keep yourself (and possibly others) safe.
    14.93%
    Physically attack the burglar and then call the police.
    60.70%
    Run as fast as you can and call the police.
    11.94%
    Scream loudly to alert people of the situation.
    9.95%
    Faint.
    2.49%

ReputationRep:
    If there were two of them which would mean I have no chance of escape, I would just shrug and say "Threesome??!" but then I'd kick them in the groin and tie them up with a skipping rope or some plastic bags, or any pieces of clothing, although the piece of clothing might tear and there would be two of them and they'd probably try and kill me, oh ****! I've only just considered the possiblity that they might be armed! Well if they were to be armed with, let's say, a gun or a knife, I guess I would try and negotiate wih them.. or tell them that there is more money in the vault that I keep up in the cellar, and they'll go to the cellar and I'll lock them up and call the police.

Or if there was only one burglar, I would probably just find the closest physical thing and smash his head in (Yes, I said 'his', they all tend to be men).

If he looks way too strong to be knocked out by a baseball bat, I'd just walk right out of my house as if i've just walked into the wrong house.

ReputationRep:
    kick them in the balls

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd like to say I'd use my awesome ninja moves.......I'd probably freeze, panic or even scream to be honest. Eek!

ReputationRep:
    Call him a chav and batter him

ReputationRep:
    *I walk in the living room and see the burglar picking up the t.v*

"you looking to take that?"

"....."

"me too! let me help you with that, *punches person in the face*

reality....

"you looking to take that?"

"....."

*gets out gun and aims...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Just need my hand.
    That explains everything, I thought the censored word referred to you taking a large dump on command.

Hate to burst your bubble anyway, but my bf said he would love to watch me having a **** (your meaning) so if this is the case for all men then perhaps that might not deter the burglar after all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    That explains everything, I thought the censored word referred to you taking a large dump on command.

Hate to burst your bubble anyway, but my bf said he would love to watch me having a **** (your meaning) so if this is the case for all men then perhaps that might not deter the burglar after all...
    Well firstly, that's a fairly big if for such a massive generalisation.
    Secondly, my house mates seem very averse to seeing my penis. So not all men seem to like seeing that at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a female burglar? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation obviously. If some big black guy (going by the stereotype that black guys are genetically superior to whites) broke into my house with a gun, I would clearly let him be and hide under my bed. But if some minuscule white female broke in brandishing a dust mop I would be like lol gtfo *****

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I came back from the union one night to find the front door open. We went in, and although nothing had been disturbed we assumed that the burglar was in the house, so I said we should arm ourselves and my housemate picked up..... a small, circular hand mirror ie an incredibly useless weapon. So I think the answer is that I would try and resist, unsuccessfully.
    Also it turned out that my other housemate had unexpectedly come back blind drunk and left the door open.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.