Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    And now, for 2022, a desert 5/6ths the size of Scotland with unduly restrictive alcohol laws...
    Thinking of celebrating a goal by kissing your girlfriend? Only if you want jail time, son. :rolleyes: Two pretty poor decisions from FIFA...

ReputationRep:
    Corruption

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Tbh, the uk media didn't really help matters. Constantly badgering FIFA. Vote might've been closer if they'd just kept schtum.
    The press did nothing wrong. Any sane person would elect to have a free and diligent media over a sports tournament...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    If it was in Spain/Portugal or Holland/Belgium I'd definitely have gone, just as I'm planning to go to Brazil. I'm not risking Russia.
    Would have been a pleasant holiday in Spain/Portugal and Holland/Belgium as well, all of them are places Id love to go to. Russia on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely thought we would get it, I wonder why Ru$$ia got it :rolleyes:

I think the next time we'll be able to bid for it is for the 2030 world cup...

ReputationRep:
    yes give it russia, the most corrupt nation, thought to be civilised, on earth. what an unappealing place to have it, but I guess we couldn't expect anything different when it's proven that the russian head figures take bribes through every hole

and who the **** is qatar

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We actually went out in the first round. Wow.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely ridiculous. Final proof that FIFA is completely corrupt. Russia are still in the dark ages when it comes to infrastructure and football hooliganism. They are one of the most racist countries in Europe and do very little to tackle racism yet they are given the 2018 WC. Complete joke.

ReputationRep:
    This just shouts out fixed. Apparently England did not even make it past the 1st round... Abramovichs pokets must be a bit empty now.. The amount of **** that russia has to do.. England has it all done already, England have the infrastructure Russia dose not, England has the experience, Russia dose not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Tbh, the uk media didn't really help matters. Constantly badgering FIFA. Vote might've been closer if they'd just kept schtum.
    We at least we all know that Panorama programme is true.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol will be allowed to be consumed in "fan zones".

Know nothing about the fact Budweiser is the main sponsor and the effect prohibition will have on that...
    What an absolute joke. Baking hot, no soul, built by slaves and you can't even get pissed outside of sheep pens.

Will Israelis be allowed into Qatar?

ReputationRep:
      I am so livid. I'm not going to be able to take my kids to a world cup match in England until 2030 at the very least! I will be 38 for ****s sake!

ReputationRep:
      Alcohol will be allowed to be consumed in "fan zones".

Know nothing about the fact Budweiser is the main sponsor and the effect prohibition will have on that...
      Sounds ominous, especially from a Scots point of view.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sango)
      I mean Spain/Portugal's presentation was dire, Netherlands/Belgium never took it seriously so why the **** were we knocked out in the 1st round? Something tells me that Panorama's snoping aroud may have pissed a few too many people off, not to mention us trying to initially bribe officials with designer bags.

The whole thing is a farce, what next- the Olympics in Lagos?
      Trust me, the next African country to host the World Cup will be Nigeria.

ReputationRep:
      Russia and Qatar? :lolwut:

yeah the first thing I think of when I think of those countries is definitely football :curious:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Beska)
      How do you mean?
      You have to get an invitation from a tourist agency to be able to even get into the country, and you have to leave the minute it says on your visa - so even if you missed your plane but there was another on the same day, you might not be allowed out without buying another visa. There's all sorts of identification cards and registration forms you have to have or fill in. Logistical nightmare when you've got fans from all over the world converging on you.

Also, Qatar is tiny. And really, really hot. Well done, FIFA!

ReputationRep:
      Thinking of celebrating a goal by kissing your girlfriend? Only if you want jail time, son. :rolleyes: Two pretty poor decisions from FIFA...
      I know right. And let's be honest, black people are not going to want to go to Russia, nor will half of the world's population. The whole thing will be a farce!

ReputationRep:
      A corrupt, Mafia-run nation with barely any links to football whatsoever beats three nations with football in their blood with technically far superior bids. Absolutely pathetic.
      England, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Netherlands all entered other than Russia, I'd make that 4 countries.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.