Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    I assume none of these bother you when you walk down the street, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_...r_contaminants
    They do actually. My friend used to work on reducing diesel emissions by giving government grants to truck, car and bus companies to turn to cleaner fuel technology or simply away from diesel whatsoever. They now reduce drinking water contamination in public water sources.

I live in an area of low pollution and when I have the chance to choose, I will carefully pick an area which has low pollution rates. Along with eating and drinking fairly carefully I do my best to avoid any contaminents where I can.

Of course, carcinogens are all around us and in pretty much everything but I will really do my best to avoid them if I can. I only get one body in my life, so I want to take care of it.

ReputationRep:
    It's good news for non-smokers, but smoking ban in public places has caused big problem to all smokers. I am a smoker and as I heard this news I was shocked, but now I found an alternate named Electronic Cigarettes which has various advantages over normal cigarettes like they, can be freely smoked anywhere with no harm and they smell good.

ReputationRep:
    Freedom and as for your shelter idea that would cost millions of pounds to gain what? apart from quashing the publics libertys. The streets are very well "ventilated" and it will cause no harm. Hold your breath

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.