Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think there's anything wrong with letting a 9 year old boy play COD? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
    I would not, what do you expect him to grow up to be?
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I think it depends really.

Then that totally invalidates your entire post I'm afraid.

I'm afraid that it doesn't, thanks, because I was talking about violent video games and all I needed to know to back my point up was that COD is a violent video game. Since that is true, my post and opinion are perfectly valid.

Get off your high horse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinaberry)
    I'm afraid that it doesn't, thanks, because I was talking about violent video games and all I needed to know to back my point up was that COD is a violent video game. Since that is true, my post and opinion are perfectly valid.

Get off your high horse!
    You can't comment on a game without playing or seeing it. Let alone not knowing what it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    You can't comment on a game without playing or seeing it. Let alone not knowing what it is!
    My post addressed the point: Is there anything wrong with letting children play violent video games?

Did you read the part where I said I knew it was a violent video game? I'm commenting on this genre, anyway.
    It's easily related to the original question, if not exactly the same.
    Therefore, it is relevant and doesn't need you being high and mighty over it...

Plus (although you don't need to know this to acquiesce in my favour), I've read up about it, people have talked about it at school and I've been at people's houses where they've been playing COD and other sorts of games like that, so although I might not really know what it is, I can still form a valuable opinion about it because I know vaguely what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i hate to be a killjoy but it is wrong. Give him fifa

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.