Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is my firm choice soooo excited! I just hope I get the grades to go there! Maths with a year in Germany FTW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castaras)
    Firmed Leicester a few days ago! Gonna put Beaumont catered as first choice, then GMS, then Digby. Can't afford John Foster. :s
    Aren't the prices the same for all the halls at Oadby-depending on what kind of room...?

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know how accomodation is allocated??? Is it first come first served or just random?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chalks1)
    does anybody know how accomodation is allocated??? Is it first come first served or just random?
    I think it's first come first served..

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can answer,can we apply for accomodation like first thing or do you need an email from leicester first?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's not first come first served:/ they emailed saying they will stagger the emails about accommodation starting today so everyone doesn't go on at once....also the deadline for replies hasn't finished yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxamixx31)
    Apparently it's not first come first served:/ they emailed saying they will stagger the emails about accommodation starting today so everyone doesn't go on at once....also the deadline for replies hasn't finished yet!
    Hmm that must be new because here ( http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...ation-policy-1 ) it says it is but in fairness quite a bit of the websites dates need updating as alot of them are from last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishlarr)
    Hmm that must be new because here ( http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...ation-policy-1 ) it says it is but in fairness quite a bit of the websites dates need updating as alot of them are from last year.
    yeah this is new. im pretty pleased though as first come first served is what i was hoping for

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I read that too!! Maybe they're staggering the information they give out but accommodation application doesn't open in march?? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Aren't the prices the same for all the halls at Oadby-depending on what kind of room...?
    I thought JoFo only had Ensuite rooms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm only able to afford the cheap shared rooms. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxamixx31)
    Yeah I read that too!! Maybe they're staggering the information they give out but accommodation application doesn't open in march?? x
    Maybe, but I think the man on the phone must have lied to me then! He told me the 8th of March!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castaras)
    I thought JoFo only had Ensuite rooms? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm only able to afford the cheap shared rooms. :confused:
    No, it has many types of rooms.
    If you look along the right hand side,it shows the room types at JoFo. Standard twin is there if that's what you need.
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...-foster-hall-1
    If you end up in JoFo, you owe me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Maybe, but I think the man on the phone must have lied to me then! He told me the 8th of March!
    i was under the impression it was opening today...but i rang up and they said 'we've had some problems so it will be delayed by a week to the 8th' what a facepalm..:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setsunarules)
    i was under the impression it was opening today...but i rang up and they said 'we've had some problems so it will be delayed by a week to the 8th' what a facepalm..:cool:
    I was wondering why I never got sent a validation code email :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setsunarules)
    Yeh :emo: Complete let-down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    No, it has many types of rooms.
    If you look along the right hand side,it shows the room types at JoFo. Standard twin is there if that's what you need.
    http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommo...-foster-hall-1
    If you end up in JoFo, you owe me .
    Yeah, I meant shared bathroom. The Standard non-basin ones, which JoFo has none of. Wish I could go for premium, but can't. =/

ReputationRep:
    i firmed on mondayyy!!! anyone else here applying for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omnom515)
    wooo me too :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omnom515)
    wooo me too :party:

ReputationRep:
    I am also applying for psych!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.