Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What girls would go for a 5'4" guy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divine Potato)
    I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

EDIT: I am 20 by the way .
    I know plenty of girls who go for shorter guys. Sometimes because they are short themselves and sometimes because they just don't care about height.

ReputationRep:
    Too bad 4'11" girls are rare .
    I'm 4'11" Haha we aren't as rare as it seems; we are just below eye level so people don't see us! Tbh I wish my boyfriend was a little bit shorter (he's about 5'7" ish)! So don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I am a 5'4" guy and I know girls dont like short guys. Even short girls dont :sad:. I need to know what type of girls would go for a short guy. Like maybe the ones who act cute and bubbly? or shyer ones? cute girls rather than pretty girls? etc. Shall I only try it with girls 4'11"? :erm:.

I have actually measured myself but I find that ALOT of people overestimate their height. Like this girl who is the same height as my thinks she is 5'6" :p:. And one of my mates from uni is about an inch taller than me yet claims he is 5'8" :facepalm:. I didnt say anything to him when I heard it though :p:. But since every else overestimates their height, should I lie next time a girl asks me?

Well, I'm 5'7 tall and when I think about the boys that I've liked through the years, most of them have been shorter than me . But for me it's the personality that counts, and amazingly enough, till now shorter boys that I know have always had something special about them. It's may be because when one's lacking some physical advantage, one compensates with other kinds of charm, so to speak. And I'm one that actually always falls in love with a man's mind rather than a man's body. (When I was 16 I had a major crush on Woody Allen, so you know what I mean And yeah, he's only like 5'3) The only problem when a boy is shorter than the average is that it easily gets him to become too self-conscious about himself and to develop an inferiority complex. And really, a lack of self-esteem is what puts girls away in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    How sad it is you genuinely believe that. Perhaps in the animal kingdom where animals sole purpose in life is to survive and reproduce in the world this may be the way.

However we as human beings are a bit more complex. We are able to articulate and express ourselve in so many different aways and ultimately it's who we are as people and individuals and our actions that define who we are. Not whether your hair is a certain colour, or how tall or short you are or your race.

And so I'm a tard for saying discrimination is wrong? You must be one of the most pathetic people on the planet if you honestly believe that discrimination against fellow human beings is acceptable.

But what's the point in arguing with a retarded, repulsive and disgusting scumbag like yourself?

Trust me dude everyone discriminate's against people's appearance.It doesn't mean people are necessarily horrible to said person, but they may not be as nice to them for example. Even the nicest person to you in the world will discriminate against your appearance my friend.

ReputationRep:

I'm 5ft so as long as the guy is 5ft 1 and over, as long as they have a nice personality and are a genuinely lovely person, height doesn't make the slightest bit of difference!! So please dont let height hold you back OP, remember the saying: The nicest things come in the smallest packages

ReputationRep:
    I am trying the best I can to be courteous but it can only go so far if people will continue to spout ignorant garbage about racism/discrimination being acceptable or inaccurate stereotypes about one of the most influential civil rights/political leaders in American History (possibly world history).

Ladies and Gentlemen;

The vast majority and I judge this by the number of positive reps I have received, totally agree that heightism like other forms of discrimination is totally unacceptable.

Those who disagree well you are just ignorant fools and fail to understand the concept of looking beyond what is in front of you. Frankly I really feel sorry for you people.

To judge someone based on their appearance is no different to judging someone by their race or religion. Discrimination has the same meaning in whatever situation and if it confers an unfair and unecessary disadvantage onto an individual.

I am not going to change my opinion and you won't change yours. However what I will not accept is for people to repeatedly spout ignorant bull**** be it racist, prejudiced etc and get away with it and if you find that rude or offensive then please get lost and do something else with your spare time than read my posts.

Right then people I'd love to continue this debate but there's no point preaching to lost causes and I have a busy night of studying, the Corrie St tram crash and then the big NFL game to watch so I shall bid you all farewell. If you want to discuss any of the issues I have raised here on this thread then send me a private message and I will endeavour to respond and in some cases thrash out the evil and ignorance that festers within your soul.

Other than that, good night.

This is the biggest load of Bull**** I've ever read Are you seriously saying you would **** Michelle Mcmannus? Come on now son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    This is the biggest load of Bull**** I've ever read Are you seriously saying you would **** Michelle Mcmannus? Come on now son
    500 lbs of woman

ReputationRep:
    500 lbs of woman
    500 lbs of Whale more like

ReputationRep:
    rosie cotton

ReputationRep:
    my ex is 5'4. I'm 5'6. Judging by this thread, it isn't as hard as you think. If you have good personality and are decent looking then you are fine.

ReputationRep:
    totally agree. although looks/height aren't themost important thing, you have to have some sort of sexual attraction and some people just aren't attracted to certain features like height, size, hairstyle etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bino756)
    totally agree. although looks/height aren't themost important thing, you have to have some sort of sexual attraction and some people just aren't attracted to certain features like height, size, hairstyle etc.
    Yeh but there's also general characteristics that all people prefer. I'm starting to pay ALOT more attention to my image (mainly my hair and clothes) because I know firsthand that they make a huge impact on the way I am treated by others.I actually get treated like a different person when I am well presented, and this is by both friends and the general public. I guess changing clothes/hairstyle doesn't have the same impact on all people but for me personally it's massive. It's always the most basic of things (or atleast seemingly) that have the greatest impact on your life I've noticed. Even today sporting a black eye I got treated so differently just for having a bruise beneath my eye. Anyway, now I've noticed the vast difference I'm gonna play the game and take full advantage.

edit: Your post seems to contradict itself. Surely sexual attraction is based solely on looks.

ReputationRep:
    Hobbit girls.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm 5'3 so would quite like a guy who's 5'4 :yep:

ReputationRep:
    desperate ones

I'm 5'8 and went out with a really short chinese guy who was about 5'4.These kind of relationships hardly ever work out (ESPECIALLY NOT IN THE LONG TERM) because the guy needs to be taller to feel masculine and all that other macho crap, blah di blah. My advice is dont even TRY to go for girls taller than you,stick to someone thats 5'4 or just a little less.
    Good luck hunting!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but there's also general characteristics that all people prefer. I'm starting to pay ALOT more attention to my image (mainly my hair and clothes) because I know firsthand that they make a huge impact on the way I am treated by others.I actually get treated like a different person when I am well presented, and this is by both friends and the general public. I guess changing clothes/hairstyle doesn't have the same impact on all people but for me personally it's massive. It's always the most basic of things (or atleast seemingly) that have the greatest impact on your life I've noticed. Even today sporting a black eye I got treated so differently just for having a bruise beneath my eye. Anyway, now I've noticed the vast difference I'm gonna play the game and take full advantage.

edit: Your post seems to contradict itself. Surely sexual attraction is based solely on looks.
    yeah, i missed a word lol. i should have said,

"looks arent everything BUT they are important as you have to have sexual attraction"

ReputationRep:
    I was two heads taller than the first guy I fancied.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't mind, however I am actually 4' 11", so not sure if that counts! My boyfriend is only about 5' 6" though, which is still pretty small and it's never been a problem. Friends of mine have gone out with boys shorter than them all the time, I really don't think it's ever been an issue. Yes, there may be a few stupid remarks here and there, but overall, if you're confident enough and don't make a big thing of it (no pun intended :cool: ) I think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watchingtherain)
    I personally wouldn't mind, however I am actually 4' 11", so not sure if that counts! My boyfriend is only about 5' 6" though, which is still pretty small and it's never been a problem. Friends of mine have gone out with boys shorter than them all the time, I really don't think it's ever been an issue. Yes, there may be a few stupid remarks here and there, but overall, if you're confident enough and don't make a big thing of it (no pun intended :cool: ) I think you'll be fine.
    Do you seriously expect TSR to take a 4' 11'' person seriously?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.