Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can you tell if you're good-looking or not? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarryEyed91)
    I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.
    I have.

ALL YOU GUYS THAT ARE SAYING "IVE SEEN AN ATTRACTIVE GIRL WITHOUT MAKE-UP" blaaa blaaa blaa, more than likely she IS wearing make-up, but she knows how to apply it well.
    There's a difference between looking like a wotsit cause' you don't know how to apply make-up, therefore you splat layers on. And a girl who applies little make-up and does it well. Jheez.

ReputationRep:
    http://i31.tinypic.com/242h0z8.png
    I'm satisfied.

ReputationRep:
    Well my mumma says I look good so that's all that counts :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*AsmaAttack*~)
    you know you are good looking when you look at childhood pictures and your parents are smiling with pride. you know you are bad looking when your mother has a i-gave-birth-to-this-and-had-no-control-over-what-it-looked-like-but-at-the-end-of-the-day-it-is-my-child face on while holding you as a baby.
    LOL you is funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Could you expand on that?
    I hardly think it's necessary.

ReputationRep:
    I am not even sure anymore! I used to get people calling me ugly when I was in my teens, but now that I am in my early twenties I get a lot more attention from guys, and recently had about ten approach me in the club telling me I was beautiful....but some guys say that because they are after one thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.laurence)
    That dude on tse ages ago (sorry if i took your pic, but you are a good looking fellow, no homo lol)

http://img61.imageshack.us/i/can28dk.jpg/
    Almost but not quite. So close, yet so far.

There's something effeminate and overly preened about him, which makes me think he's somewhat unattractive despite that the fact he has great features (amazing bone structure, for one).

ReputationRep:
    You can't really know because people have different tastes.

Not everyone would agree with the people I find attractive and I would disagree with some of the people others find attractive. Sometimes there are guys that I think are good-looking but I don't find them attractive. I think there is more to being attractive than there is to being good looking, some people are really boring looking even if they're pretty.

If you're happy with yourself and you find someone you like who likes you too then what is there to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh-my-diddy)
    LOL you is funny
    tell me something I don't know LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*AsmaAttack*~)
    tell me something I don't know LOL
    Leicester? Cooooooooooool i'm feelin' you

ReputationRep:
    It's a very difficult question to answer as everyone has different idealogies when it comes to beauty and attraction.

Some like their girls orange, some don't, some like their girls tall, some dont, theres so many factors to consider, that this question just cannot be answered.

ReputationRep:
    Make a thread on TSR....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    If your mother continually reasures you that you're a "handsome boy" you are probably not.
    lol. quite funny.

maybe a mirror helps, too.

maybe there are some real good frends around to ask. they should be honest and not flattering.

ReputationRep:
    You know you are good looking when you constantly get compliments on your looks since young. You know it when your opposite sex (either one of as a group) always take initiatives to approach you and also enjoys your company if you approach them; at same time you also get direct compliments on your looks from your own gender, this is more common with girls in particular.

I really think that one would know if they're good looking or not because in most cases it could be quite obviously reflected from people's attitude around you

i get told im fit or hot but im still insecure

ReputationRep:
    Beauty keeps getting mixed up wit general body these days.

Being thin,average height,soft skin,good hair,
    good teeth,smell,plump lips,good figure breasts
    nice eyes etc.
    are considered as beautiful on a girl..

wheareas it's NOTnatural..it's just a different form of make-up that cen't be wiped off easily..

I don't think there's actually a true definition for beauty..
    cos everone who does the list above can get averagely beautiful..and if they have colourful eys&good nose etc..
    these are natural bonuses given to you from GOD which makes you super attractive..

but other than that..Beauty's just basic body care and sliiiight makeup+knowing what to wear.
    You don't even need plastic surgery tobe beautiful..Things that CAN'T be changed is nose,teeth (if they cant be done by braces) Breasts..dunno like limited stuff.
    other than that its all environmental factors.

ReputationRep:
    Just judge it on how many girls (or guys if you are a girl) keep glancing back at you when clubbing/doing anything, and how fit they are.

(Original post by StarryEyed91)
      I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.
      I'm not surprized; given the number of girls around who wear it. However, one of my friends wears make-up most of the time, but when she doesn't, she looks stunning. She just won't believe me when I tell her.

In my experience, the only way I can know is when I've been told: I've been told by one or two girls that I'm good-looking, but the majority of women seem to not look at me as a bloke. A few have even averted their eyes when they've seen me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Liam_G)
      Assume everyone in the thread is blind.
      huh? :L

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.