Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The ugliest name you can think of... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyunicorn133)
    Mildred.

Oh and anything chavvy (Chardonnay / Lacoste / Chelsea...)
    Lacoste! :rofl: You're kidding, right?

Right?

ReputationRep:
    Veerle. Sorry Dutch folk, but how does that constitute a girl's name!?

I guess I also dislike Vera, Verity and Prudence. =/ Hortense is another one.

ReputationRep:
    This is a redundant thread. Names aren't ugly - their popularity is determined by the times. Names like Mary, or Bertha, Gertrude, Constance aren't popular now and are probably thought of as ugly, but they didn't used to be considered so, and perhaps in a hundred years won't be.

I'd say 'modern' names like Britney, Beyonce and Alicia are ugly. These days, those names are like the red indians who named their children after the first thing they saw outside the wigwam, instead naming their kids after the first person they hear on the radio. Eugh.

Whoever said Bernadette should be shot!

ReputationRep:
    Gertrude!!

(apologies if any of you are called this)

ReputationRep:
    Shaniqua

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Keith.

Gertrude.
    family guy ftw =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Lacoste! :rofl: You're kidding, right?

Right?
    Lol I wish I was...
    Oh the joys of living so close to Liverpool

(no offense to scousers intended here, but I heard it on the train and was like WTF?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Veerle. Sorry Dutch folk, but how does that constitute a girl's name!?

I guess I also dislike Vera, Verity and Prudence. =/ Hortense is another one.
    I know a girl who's first name is prudence and middle name is verity...

unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    This is a redundant thread. Names aren't ugly - their popularity is determined by the times. Names like Mary, or Bertha, Gertrude, Constance aren't popular now and are probably thought of as ugly, but they didn't used to be considered so, and perhaps in a hundred years won't be.

I'd say 'modern' names like Britney, Beyonce and Alicia are ugly. These days, those names are like the red indians who named their children after the first thing they saw outside the wigwam, instead naming their kids after the first person they hear on the radio. Eugh.

Whoever said Bernadette should be shot!
    I basically agree with you, but Alicia isn't a modern name!

Having said that, I think Gertrude is just a horrible name regardless of circumstance.

ReputationRep:
    bernadette, ruth, vera, viera, betty, bertha, chelsea, jade, gertrude, mandasue...

ReputationRep:
    shambeque
    hahaa

ReputationRep:
    Agnes Cockburn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    family guy ftw =D
    :borat:

nice :five:

ReputationRep:
    The nicest name I don't like (I know that makes no sense) is Claire/Clare. It just seems so, blaaaah! Sorry! :o: Names like Gertrude are 'obvious' ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooovan*)
    I kid you not, I've met someone named Charlene Krystal.
    Was this someone naked and having money thrown at her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramblerose)
    The title basically says it all... what's the worst name you know? Particularly girls' names
    Bramlerose fugly name

ReputationRep:
    Pricillia

ReputationRep:
    Angharad.

seriously, why?

ReputationRep:
    Gertrude definitely seems to be winning here...and it's the first name I thought of
    Also hate Edith, Bertha, Norma etc and things like Chardonnay, Crystal n chavvy names like that...tho when i was about 10 i announced to my mum that when i had a baby i would call it chardonnay - i think it was the same day as i tried my first sip of chardonnay wine....She wont let me live it down!

ReputationRep:
    Chlamydia and Sifilis

Me and my friends thought they sounded like posh peoples names lol. Just imaging saying them with "darling" added on to the end.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.