Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your IQ?.......(Official scores only) Watch

ReputationRep:
    If two people were talking, with iq's of 130 and 160. Do you think it would be obvious who had which iq (if you didn't know obviously)?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looking)
    If two people were talking, with iq's of 130 and 160. Do you think it would be obvious who had which iq (if you didn't know obviously)?
    It depends on what they were talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    It depends on what they were talking about.
    pub chat, shooting the breeze, pop philosophy, opinions on films/music, general really
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    pub chat, shooting the breeze, pop philosophy, opinions on films/music, general really
    Hmm, in that case no I don't think you could easily tell, as none of those things really allow the marginal difference in logical thinking / problem-solving to show. If anything (and to overgeneralise but whatever), you might be able to tell in that the person with 160 IQ might not be so enthusiastic and/or knowledgeable in those areas as they might spend their time doing something that they would find more interesting and/or challenging. Of course, this makes massive assumptions on preferences and personality traits in relation to IQ, but I have a feeling it might hold on average.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it. I genuinely don't believe there's a huge difference between such IQ levels

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.