Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Early 2011 House of Commons meet Watch

• View Poll Results: When and where shall we get our meet on?
    Weekend 26/27 February
    16.22%
    Weekend 5/6 March
    10.81%
    Weekend 12/13 March
    10.81%
    Weekend 19/20 March
    13.51%
    Weekend 26/27 March
    16.22%
    Weekend 2/3 April
    29.73%
    Weekend 9/10 April
    27.03%
    London
    56.76%
    Birmingham
    18.92%
    North
    24.32%
    Not interested
    16.22%

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Come :awesome:
    They are not quite as sordid as Paddy would have you believe though, much of this is innuendo unfairly targeted at me...

I do make it well most of the time. We all also cook (though one flatmate is vastly superior to me and the other). We are all domesticated. It is nice
    Tbf T&J did it in a bush or something, at least you went back to your flat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Tbf T&J did it in a bush or something, at least you went back to your flat

must not rise to it, must not rise to it, must not rise to it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

must not rise to it, must not rise to it, must not rise to it.
    I was going to make a joke here about something rising that day in your flat but I'm guessing you would not see the funny side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I was going to make a joke here about something rising that day in your flat but I'm guessing you would not see the funny side
    Oh I would see the funny side. My faux notoriety amuses me for the most part :p:

Besides, you just made the joke anyway :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh I would see the funny side. My faux notoriety amuses me for the most part :p:

Besides, you just made the joke anyway :p:
    I did, which is a total accident of course

ReputationRep:
    Is this happening then? I need to know soonish so I can co-ordinate my work around it.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    :holmes:
    Read up, yo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Read up, yo.
    I see Nothos hasn't done any more on this. As it's January now and we haven't even confirmed a location or date, methinks maybe we should hold off and do a big one in the Summer. I think one of the reasons the last meet had such a great turnout was because the date was confirmed two months in advance.

If people are still up for a meet in Feb/March, I can put a poll up, but perhaps Summer would be better...

ReputationRep:
    I see Nothos hasn't done any more on this. As it's January now and we haven't even confirmed a location or date, methinks maybe we should hold off and do a big one in the Summer. I think one of the reasons the last meet had such a great turnout was because the date was confirmed two months in advance.

If people are still up for a meet in Feb/March, I can put a poll up, but perhaps Summer would be better...
    Summer is a looooong way off...

ReputationRep:

I would aim for a meet in March and then set the wheels in motion for a larger meet in the Summer to which more attention can be paid. Getting people to London in March won't be so difficult really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    I would aim for a meet in March and then set the wheels in motion for a larger meet in the Summer to which more attention can be paid. Getting people to London in March won't be so difficult really.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

I've added a poll with the options from late Feb through to early April for you all to vote on. I'll send out a message about this tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

I've added a poll with the options from late Feb through to early April for you all to vote on. I'll send out a message about this tomorrow.
    Just as a warning, I would strongly advise against having it on the 26/27 March because of the TUC rally to be held that weekend. London will not be that friendly I don't expect.

TUC rally to be held that weekend. London will not be that friendly I don't expect.
    Would that put you off?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My vote for London has been registered as it's the only one I'd possibly go to.

Will it be the same set up as last time, except without the option of staying at Will's for people from far afield?

I say everyone must bring one female and one bottle of something 40% plus

(Some of you won't know one female, you can bring two bottles instead :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Would that put you off?
    Not really. But it might others. Plus transport will be ****ed up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I voted North. The furthest south I'd go is Dundee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I voted North. The furthest south I'd go is Dundee.
    Don't you have your visa yet? Took me ages to get my "England pass".
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't you have your visa yet? Took me ages to get my "England pass".
    Nope. I've never needed one since I've never been to England before. I only go south of Aberdeen a few times per year, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Nope. I've never needed one since I've never been to England before. I only go south of Aberdeen a few times per year, really.
    Sensible bloke. The Irn Bru down here is made in Mansfield. I mean...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.