Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

single people - do you think you will still be single this time next year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Probably :emo:
    Tbh, I'm only ever really bothered at being single if there's someone I'd like to go out with, if there's no one that appeals to, I couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    I'll definately be single in a years time.

ReputationRep:
    I will be single next year as i always get drunk end up in some girls bed and repeat im never good at relationship

So yes i will be single next year and the year after

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It's unlikely I'll be dating anyone in England as I'll be in an entirely different country by then. However, I live in hope that I will fall upon some suave French speaking guy :P

ReputationRep:
    yes i'm destined to remain single for life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    You sound very similar to me. I wouldn't pursue a relationship I know is bound to end, and I'm rather picky as the the girls I'm attracted to.

I can't see myself being in a relationship at any point in the foreseeable future, to be honest. The jury's opinion as to my attractiveness is rather mixed; tending towards me not being as attractive as many, and I wouldn't want a relationship with a girl who isn't attracted to me (obviously). That, my lack of time and money, and the lack of attractive Christian women in my area (to my knowledge) mean that it's not going to happen in a hurry.
    Oh god... don't get me started on christian women. Am a christian myself but would never want to go out with a devout christian girl - regardless of how attractive she is.

ReputationRep:
    im a boy and i hope to remain single this time next year and the year after! i enjoy being single

(Original post by mc1000)
      Oh god... don't get me started on christian women. Am a christian myself but would never want to go out with a devout christian girl - regardless of how attractive she is.
      Ah, not a 'devout Christian girl,' I just want to be with someone who shares me beliefs and values. And my desire to wait until the relationship has become something special before we have sex.

ReputationRep:
      I don't know if I'm averagely attractive or fairly normal, but I probably wil still be single this time next year. I rarely meet new women, and even the ones I do meet are rarely single, and even more rarely do they live near me. Still, I'm going to a couple of weddings next year and apparently they're good places to meet women.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Drunk Punx)
      That's one word for describing you :sexface:
      Oh yeah? What's another word to describe me? :sexface:
      • TSR Support Team

Who knows who will be single or not next year, impossible to predict.

ReputationRep:
      I've just turned 18 so I suppose I still count.

This time next year I will be at Uni so will have met loads of new people. Whether I will have met anyone I want to go out with or have the confidence to ask out I don't know but its looking more likely than last year.

ReputationRep:
      Oh, definitely single for me. Not looking for a partner at the moment. Girlfriends are way too time consuming.

ReputationRep:
      Most likely. Have been for the last 4, what's another one?

ReputationRep:
      I hope not

ReputationRep:
      Most likely. If I were to have a boyfriend this time next year, I would probably be freaking out. Being single has become a permanent state for me by now. At 24 I've become quite set in my ways. I'd be happy to try it out once I find someone who fits me, but until then, I'm not too bothered.

ReputationRep:
      Probably. Nothing's changed on the love front and with no job and lack of a meaningful social life, the odds are not in my favour. But hey, I'm not bothered about it, I'm rather happy as it is.

ReputationRep:
      I definitely will be.

ReputationRep:
      I imagine so yeah.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.