Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles Attacked Watch

ReputationRep:
    cant say I feel much sympathy the poor have always been oppressed by the rich. Spending 5 months unemployed, whilst not getting 3 months of the benefits owed because of stupid incompetent people working at the job centre along with having to move to a different city just to find a job make me very angry and hateful towards the system. Theres many other things, the iraq war, 9-11, the media in society etc etc.

Yeah I do believe that everyone should be treated fairly, but i just dont care quite frankly when its to do with super rich corrupt people who never earnt what they got while most people live with nothing.

call me "impolite"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    WOW !

What part of being put on ignore did you not understand?

I was talking to someone else, yet again you seem to interupt. I have no reason to engage in conversation with you so that is it.

If you want to continue wasting your time typing out a response to my posts then please do so.

Back on ignore he goes.
    Hello kettle, its the pot speaking. Remember that reply from you on my post about alumni contributions when I had you on ignore? Back to being a **** you go.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

You just spat your dummy out because I proved you wrong about the House Of Commons & Lords thing so I thought I'd spit mine out.

You started insulting the Welsh which in my opinion was pathetic considering I was just trying to help the future English students.

The future for Welsh students is fine. No high fee's for us but then as soon as I try to prove their is still some hope for English students you jump down my throat.

End of discussion. Feel free to respond but it will go unanswered.

I proved you wrong - that is that.

Regards.
    Considering I'm going to be going to one of the best universities in the world, I am MORE than happy to pay £9k, it is still incredible value for money. So I would hardly say my future 'isn't fine' considering the average starting salaries, I'll be able to pay it off any debt with out that much difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    jb9191, how does it feel to be an actual moron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obins)
    jb9191, how does it feel to be an actual moron?
    What sort of question is that?

The person got proved wrong. He knew it and then because I proved him wrong he resorted to anti Welsh slurs.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they deserved it and do not wish the royals ill, but I have no sympathy for them. They were not hurt, just a cracked window and paint on car and a shock to the system. Nothing compared with being beaten by those who are supposed to uphold the law.

Prince Charles joked about how he hoped they wouldn't be held up by student protesters before they set out. 'Let them eat cake'.

What do people expect to happen when the royals are driven right into a crowd of anti cuts/austerity protesters in a Rolls Royce with non blacked out windows?

A dose of reality for Prince Charles

My friends and I are female, middle class and not going to be affected by fee rises, but were all outraged at the media's focus on the royals and the downplaying of the attack on the students.

ReputationRep:
    @jb9191
    I read some of your other posts on here and almost laughed myself silly. And not in a good way.
    You must be really gullible if you think that The Tories are going to stop at that. They haven't even voted on interest rates yet so its quite possible that part of the review will change at the last minute back to what The Tories wanted.
    You keep mentioning that it hasn't been finalized yet but seem to be assuming that everything will change. Feel free to come up with whatever figures you like but it doesn't mean it will happen and it doesn't mean people should riot in case it does. The price of milk might rise at some point in the future, so should we attack the dairy farms in case it does?
    The lowest any university will charge is £6000
    Where on earth did you get that from? Pulled from the dark, smelly place you get most of your information no doubt. Did it ever cross your mind that Universities will start competing for students and therefore try to keep fees as low as possible? A good way for them to survive would be to get additional funding in other ways. For example, more corporate sponsorship and employer funding. This already happens but there is no reason why it can't be increased.
    Also a £500,000 fine is nothing to them
    Half a million pound is nothing to a University? Mmmm, right.
    Foreign students won't go elsewhere as UK universities are still highly regarded and will be for years to come.
    Only if the Universities can pay to deliver quality courses. If the money isn't coming in and the quality drops, their reputation will dive faster than a lead balloon.
    Seeing as the average graduate salary is around £24,000 then the majority will not get interest free loans at all.
    Be careful of your use of the word 'majority' here as it isn't true. Besides, if someone leaving University earns £24,000 a year why shouldn't they pay a tiny amount each month to pay off the extra education they received? I can see you think that you should get everything for free, that the world owes you something, but not everyone feels that way. Some of us believe we should pay our own way and thereby improve things for our children and future generations. If you let UK Universities crumble because you don't think you should pay towards the education you receive then future generations are doomed. I guess you probably don't care about them though, as they aren't you. Shame.
    The Institute for Fiscal Studies is a biased company known for years to have provided manipulated statistics and data on behalf of the government.
    It might not have gotten your notice, but the government changed a little while ago. So which government are they biased towards? Every government? Seems a little unlikely to me but saying that any person or organisation that doesn't agree with your opinions is biased will suit your argument - so go ahead.
    None of what has been said in the run up to the vote has been an actual verbal promise or pledge so therefore it has no official meaning so they can easily alter anything they had said previously to win votes.
    Things change. For a start off, no single party won power so the individual pledges each party made are not valid. It is a 'coalition' which means they must compromise and come up with new joint agreements to try and benefit everyone - or at least the majority. It isn't some sort of conspiracy to keep all the money for themselves however much you like to think that. The previous Labour government didn't release details of how deep a pit this country was actually in. I actually doubt they knew themselves. The first thing the new government did was calculate that and discovered things were much worse than anyone first thought. Promises had to change and plans adapt to the new situation. I would much prefer a government which adapted to the current economic climate than one which stuck its head in the sand and spent hand over fist.

Feel free to block my comments too as I do not agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Note: Also to the person I said I can track IP's, you do so through this very forum as it runs on PHP so therefore you can find out the IP address of a user on here.

You then use a Linux based program to track the IP. Its commercial software as well.

I'll be more than happy to provide you with the details through a private message.
    As this is a public forum and as this is in a field I have a lot of experience in I feel I should comment on this.
    Do you have administration access to this forum? Do you have access to the Web server logs on this server? If the answer to both of these questions is 'no' then you cannot find out a users IP address from here. Even in the unlikely event that you did find out a users IP address, if they are using a normal home broadband connection YOU cannot find out their location. You could trace them back to an end point which would probably be their closest city, but that would be it. You would need access to their ISPs logs to see any further. To access those you would need a court order.

I do this kind of thing as part of my job (computer forensics, tracking and security) and have done for many years. I am also the root administrator for many Linux servers used in education and write monitoring software and log analysis software for them. What you have said is rubbish. My aim is not to make you look stupid, but I feel it is in everyone's interest to see that your comments are wrong.

PLEASE send me a private message if you feel you have some magical way to do what you have claimed. There are a million server admins who would be interested.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of question is that?

The person got proved wrong. He knew it and then because I proved him wrong he resorted to anti Welsh slurs.
    You haven't 'proved' anyone wrong. You are getting trashed over and over again in every single on this thread.

You have no understanding of whats going on and have jumped on a bandwagon full of other idiots. Stop showing yourself up and educate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankyboy123)
    As this is a public forum and as this is in a field I have a lot of experience in I feel I should comment on this.
    Do you have administration access to this forum? Do you have access to the Web server logs on this server? If the answer to both of these questions is 'no' then you cannot find out a users IP address from here. Even in the unlikely event that you did find out a users IP address, if they are using a normal home broadband connection YOU cannot find out their location. You could trace them back to an end point which would probably be their closest city, but that would be it. You would need access to their ISPs logs to see any further. To access those you would need a court order.

I do this kind of thing as part of my job (computer forensics, tracking and security) and have done for many years. I am also the root administrator for many Linux servers used in education and write monitoring software and log analysis software for them. What you have said is rubbish. My aim is not to make you look stupid, but I feel it is in everyone's interest to see that your comments are wrong.

PLEASE send me a private message if you feel you have some magical way to do what you have claimed. There are a million server admins who would be interested.
    http://www.plus2net.com/php_tutorial/php_ip.php

Also you do realise that I am running a server, not a home based computer plus when The Student Room was down it came up with the back end paths which allowed me to find out the IP's. Its not my fault the administrator on here left full access to the web access log file.

I then used commercial software to track the IP

ReputationRep:
    http://www.plus2net.com/php_tutorial/php_ip.php

Also you do realise that I am running a server, not a home based computer plus when The Student Room was down it came up with the back end paths which allowed me to find out the IP's. Its not my fault the administrator on here left full access to the web access log file.

I then used commercial software to track the IP
    Wow, this gets better and better.

There is no way you can trace someones location with php you absolute derp. You'll get some server location which could be the other end of the country.

"What's the point in telling you your address? You'll just deny it anyway"
    pahahaha. Sure.

Let me guess your "commercial software" is something like this: http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

OH! what do you know! it says my location is in Weymouth! Guess what? that's not my address, not even the right county, it's where my ISP's server is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello dave)
    Wow, this gets better and better.

There is no way you can trace someones location with php you absolute derp. You'll get some server location which could be the other end of the country.

Yes you can. I suggest you look at the back end of TSR's forum. When they are down for maintenance they left access open.

http://php.bigresource.com/Visitor-I...-4uVgkXE0.html

Obviously TSR are using something on the lines of that above to log IP addresses.

"What's the point in telling you your address? You'll just deny it anyway"
    pahahaha. Sure.

Yes okay.

Let me guess your "commercial software" is something like this: http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/

No - they are fake sites - some even give you spyware and malware.

Try something along these lines

http://downloadsoftwarez.blogspot.co...e-pro-325.html

Although that is free software so not as good. The commercial software I use cost a lot more than that.

OH! what do you know! it says my location is in Weymouth! Guess what? that's not my address, not even the right county, it's where my ISP's server is.
    No **** Sherlock - its fake. I actually am laughing at you for even attempting to use one of those trackers.

ReputationRep:
    No **** Sherlock - its fake. I actually am laughing at you for even attempting to use one of those trackers.
    No its not, it uses the same php script you posted earlier.
    I still think your making up all your **** about owning commercial tracking software.

Why do you write everything in bold, its quite annoying.

You're actually laughing at me are you? Oh, I am gutted, I mean I care what a deluded A level student who thinks they're so intelligent because they're going to go study computer science at some **** uni, and haven't even started yet, thinks because they know a bit of PHP they're some sort of programming genius that knows all about the internet.
    Get real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    Sure, if they took another route, nothing would have happened, but they shouldn't have to take another route, when they did nothing wrong. People deserve the right to drive along a road of their choice without getting attacked by students.
    Yes of course people should have that right, but the students anger is most certainly justified (despite some rioters who most likely won't end up at Uni but just wanted a good fight.) It's good that people are being active imo.

ReputationRep:
    No its not, it uses the same php script you posted earlier.

No it doesn't. It goes far more in depth. Especially the software I have.

I still think your making up all your **** about owning commercial tracking software.

Cool story bro. I don't really care whether or not you think I'm making it up or not - I had it off my networking tutor.

Why do you write everything in bold, its quite annoying.

Why do you moan so much? Its so annoying. :facepalm:

You're actually laughing at me are you? Oh, I am gutted, I mean I care what a deluded A level student who thinks they're so intelligent because they're going to go study computer science at some **** uni, and haven't even started yet, thinks because they know a bit of PHP they're some sort of programming genius that knows all about the internet.
    Get real.
    Again, a slur against an institution doesn't make you seem intelligent. You are knocking the degrees of thousands across the UK that go to Aberystwyth and universities lower down the table.

I'm glad I'm going to Aber, I'd rather go there than to one of the top universities full of posh *******s who struggle to get laid because they have their head stuck in a book 23 hours a day. You are so up your own ass its unbelievable. Do you think a degree certificate that says Cambridge on it is going to give your prospective employer a boner? No its really not. A degree is only as much worth as the skills you possess to back it up. I would have more chance with a degree from Aberystwyth and a good polished portfolio of getting a job than you would with just a degree from Cambridge. A piece of paper that says a universities name on it is not the be all and end all. I picture you as being this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20posh%20*****

The fact is Aber has a good employability record as well as good academic reputation in Computer Science. I've been told by top level people at Sony. I think they'd know more than you somehow.

I never claimed to know everything. I just know a lot of advanced things about networking, web design etc.. I know a lot of PHP, not a bit as you claim.

I know little about programming languages like Java, C++ and so on. That is why I am going to university to learn a wider range of things.

May I ask what university you are at or plan to go to?

Also, I didn't format the last part in bold so I did not offend you, you mighty intellectual superior being. Can't offend the super university posh virgin [email protected] brigade now can we.

ReputationRep:
    Again, a slur against an institution doesn't make you seem intelligent. You are knocking the degrees of thousands across the UK that go to Aberystwyth and universities lower down the table.

I'm glad I'm going to Aber, I'd rather go there than to one of the top universities full of posh *******s who struggle to get laid because they have their head stuck in a book 23 hours a day. You are so up your own ass its unbelievable. Do you think a degree certificate that says Cambridge on it is going to give your prospective employer a boner? No its really not. A degree is only as much worth as the skills you possess to back it up. I would have more chance with a degree from Aberystwyth and a good polished portfolio of getting a job than you would with just a degree from Cambridge. A piece of paper that says a universities name on it is not the be all and end all. I picture you as being this

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...20posh%20*****

The fact is Aber has a good employability record as well as good academic reputation in Computer Science. I've been told by top level people at Sony. I think they'd know more than you somehow.

I never claimed to know everything. I just know a lot of advanced things about networking, web design etc.. I know a lot of PHP, not a bit as you claim.

I know little about programming languages like Java, C++ and so on. That is why I am going to university to learn a wider range of things.

May I ask what university you are at or plan to go to?

Also, I didn't format the last part in bold so I did not offend you, you mighty intellectual superior being. Can't offend the super university posh virgin [email protected] brigade now can we.
    You're a total idiot if you think going to a good university makes you "posh". I'm not rich or posh, I just work hard. You're also an idiot if your think everyone at Cambridge is a virgin, you're doing the geekiest course in existence and since you brought it up I think it's probably more likely you are one. And for the record I have a gf so no i'm not.

And no I don't want to go to a good uni so 'it will give my prospective employer a boner', I want to go to one because they have the best facilities, lectures and research and as an added bonus, no ***** like you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Scotto)
    I hope the same protestoes come out at his sons wedding with the paintballs.
    When the queen dies I hope the same protesters again hit the streets, as time is near for a republic.
    There is a difference between attacking a car with bulletproof glass with a bit of white paint and attacking two unmasked (and innocent) people with paintballs - the latter is life-threatening if someone gets in a lucky shot.

(Original post by NeoNerd)
    It's just appeared on the AP wires and the BBC live coverage. People who spilled over from the "protest" attacked their car as it went down Regent Street. No harm done to them, apparently.

Looks like the mob is spilling over.
    Just as an aside, she is not "Camilla Parker Bowles" - as Prince Charles does not have a surname, she is now Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (technically Camilla, Princess of Wales).

ReputationRep:
    Just to point out that a degree from a top university like Oxbridge does help you get your foot into the door for interviews over other universities. In particular if you look at the top IT firms(I am talking Google/FB/MS here) or IB they do have a very strong preference for graduates from the top universities, some will even mark you down if you aren't from one of their target universities. Also would like to point out that graduate employment figures often only measure the number of graduates in a job, not the firm they are employed in or their salary, or indeed the number of people pursuing further study and are at best to be taken with a pinch of salt.

ReputationRep:
    If it was America and it was the Presidents car and people started smashing it's windows, all kinds of **** would go down. People would probably get shot, riot police would be using tear gas and rubber bullets.

Here the police can't even use baton's in an angry mob of rioters in case someone gets injured.
    Probably the only way a person would get shot is if he/she pulled a gun on the President, and then more likely he/she would just get tackled.

The police over here are very careful, but considering the assassinations and attempted assassinations in our history, I don't blame them. The President has a very important job to do. Keeping him and his family safe is of top priority (of course the royal family needs to be safe, too).

President Bush also faced protests (this one was after he left office):
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...h-calgary.html
    No shots fired, just people arrested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    Democracy? With monarchy? wtf? Monarchy by itself erases great part of the meaning of democracy. It's like trying to make fire in the middle of the ocean in water surface.

Tell me how your democratic rights is being infringed by having a monarch, go on tell me...

The fact is the Prime Minister has all the de-facto power, he/she is the person giving the orders during times of crisis, he/she is the person who decides policy.

The Monarchy is an effective system of checks and balances and nothing more, it infringes on no one's right for democracy.

Oh and before someone jumps up and down and yells but we don't elect our head of state and so that's bad and we aren't free, Norway is frequently voted as the most democratic nation on Earth and guess what they have...yup a Monarch.

This was a disgraceful act of violence and would have been whether it was against a citizen or anyone else. What makes it more worrying is that this is the heir to the throne, that used to mean something....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.