Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your reason for living? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Have some fun. See as much as I can of our frickin awesome planet. Become a published novelist :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I would say something witty, like HOT WIMMINZ, but after 7 pages my response would probably be a horrible cliche.

ReputationRep:
    I don't one; it's all over. I'll be gone soon.

ReputationRep:
    Erm...oxygen does it for me. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Yeah .. I don't think humans can really reach real happiness :sad: ... ergo, we spend most of the time with depression as our life-partner ...
    Depression is a 21 century disease. Not always it has been like this.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of the Matrix. "Everything has a purpose"

I think it is a human flaw of defining everything in the world around them in the way that they see the world. Since, things appear to have a purpose ... that must everything must have a purpose ... maybe it is God who is gonna tell me what it is ... :dontknow: ...
    I did not say life has a determined purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinqueta)
    I don't one; it's all over. I'll be gone soon.
    Cool! Don't forget to give some rep points and leave me all your belongings before you go. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Islam for me.

(Original post by SoulfulBoy)
      Depression is a 21 century disease. Not always it has been like this.
      so you think humans have lived with 100% happiness?

ReputationRep:
      Let me get this straight: for you, there is total happiness or depression? The main reason of this depression is the same that caused God's death. What you are looking for...

ReputationRep:
      Uh, because I want to see how I end up through being a lazy fart with no ambition or motivation to do anything remotely productive. So far, doing quite well. Oh, and I someday hope to smite my enemies, so that they'll be my servants in hell.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
      Apart from studies,job, family anything else wich is not you... what's YOUR reason for living? Why do you keep waking up everyday? If death was smooth and painless would you accept suicide?
      If it wasn't for my family, partner, friends, pets etc then I wouldn't want to carry on living, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
      Pleasure

ReputationRep:
      Sometimes the only reason for living is not necessarily FOR friends, but more to prevent the pain suicide would cause them... And afterwards, they would have loads of questions that you could never reply to.. Loads would feel guilty for not seeing the signs or being there enough for you... Generally total bull****, but that's how your friends would feel the rest of their lifes and you could never tell them to wise up cos it's not their fault... That's what scares me into staying alive

ReputationRep:
      My desire to expand the Beale empire. :king1:

ReputationRep:
      because i havent died yet

ReputationRep:
      live a good islamic life with love of football, to make the world a better place with the ball

ReputationRep:
      What a stupid question, basically saying why not die because you can't think of anything to do. Too many depressants on this site.

ReputationRep:
      How would you measure happiness?

ReputationRep:
      It all seems like work, work, work at the moment. That is pretty much the basis of life, work to get a good job, work your job until you get old. I'd at least like some hapiness and joy, can't say I'm living for anything else besides that.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.