Khan
    86.67%
    Maidana
    4.44%
    Dont know, will have to see
    8.89%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    I was asking that Q of everybody, not specifically to you - forgot to point that out.

Has a date been set for their fight? I've got my money on Bradley though from the little I've watched of both fighters.

However there is talk of the winner fighting Manny Paquio instead of Khan (or there was when the fight was arranged).
    I answered it anyway.

Tbh, unless Pacquiao and Mayweather fight each other they're going to be a big mismatch for everyone else unless the go up/down in weight massively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    I answered it anyway.

Tbh, unless Pacquiao and Mayweather fight each other they're going to be a big mismatch for everyone else unless the go up/down in weight massively.
    Yeah ofcourse Pacquiao would have to drop weight significantly to fight the winner.

Why don't they just get on with it. They are depriving boxing fans of maybe one of the best ever fights there is. I'm saying 'they', but I'm starting to feel its Mayweather thats primarily ducking with his unnecessary requirements etc.

The drug test thing is completely stupid and everybody knows it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pothead1)
    Yeah ofcourse Pacquiao would have to drop weight significantly to fight the winner.

Why don't they just get on with it. They are depriving boxing fans of maybe one of the best ever fights there is. I'm saying 'they', but I'm starting to feel its Mayweather thats primarily ducking with his unnecessary requirements etc.

The drug test thing is completely stupid and everybody knows it...
    I dont think its even about the drug tests, they just want the other one to give in to their demands - hence, in a twisted sort of way, admitting they are the smaller draw than the other.

I think itll happen. Probably November next year at the MGM Grand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Even before this fight you'd find it quite hard to find anyone that thought he was better than Khan, Bradley or Alexander.
    I thought he was about the same as Khan before the fight. I still think he is after the fight.

It was just a question of whose style would dominate. Khan would stay on the outside because he cannot defend on the inside. He would also move around to get away because he cannot face Maidana in a straight shoot out.

Maidana would try to close him down and try and get on the inside and knock him out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    I thought he was about the same as Khan before the fight. I still think he is after the fight.

It was just a question of whose style would dominate. Khan would stay on the outside because he cannot defend on the inside. He would also move around to get away because he cannot face Maidana in a straight shoot out.

Maidana would try to close him down and try and get on the inside and knock him out.
    Id definately put Maidana in the Top 5 before or after the fight. But for me, Khan, Alexander and Bradley just have something extra than Maidana and Kotelnik.

Which he nearly did, Khan did the chicken dance in round 10. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe some think Khan is ready for Mayweather. Is that a joke? He would get hammered. Really. Mayweather will match his speed and has probably the best defence in boxing. He is so defensive and counter punching he'd pick Khan off (probably not knock him out though). Anyway, Khan needs 2-3 fights at least (couple of years I think) before facing someone like him. Mayweather has too much experience and class for him right now. Khan has only 25 fights under his belt!!

Pacquiao-Mayweather has to happen. Someone make it happen!

ReputationRep:
    Freddie Roach has been the one ramping up Khan-Mayweather and why is he saying it? Because he is Khan's trainer and he's simply pumping up his confidence even further by talking up a fight with Floyd. IMO, Khan isn't too far away from challenging Mayweather. He just needs to calm down this talk of fighting Mayweather and focus on unifying the light welterweight division before thinking anything else. But that's the nature of boxing and sport where individuals, teams can't help but think and talk about events that could happen in the future. And if they get questions about fighting Mayweather then he's not exactly going to say no is he.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Can't believe some think Khan is ready for Mayweather. Is that a joke? He would get hammered. Really. Mayweather will match his speed and has probably the best defence in boxing. He is so defensive and counter punching he'd pick Khan off (probably not knock him out though). Anyway, Khan needs 2-3 fights at least (couple of years I think) before facing someone like him. Mayweather has too much experience and class for him right now. Khan has only 25 fights under his belt!!

I don't think Mayweather would match his speed but I agree with the rest of what you said.

It would interesting to see who would do the running around the ring, but I can imagine Khan getting lured in by Floyd because he of his impatient.

ReputationRep:
    I think we need to see a fight between Rowan Atkinson vs Mayweather, now that would be fight of the millennium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

I agree, Khan needs a few more big fights and 2-3 years before he could do Mayweather.

ReputationRep:
    Mayweather would poke Khan in the face :rofl:

Is he out of prison yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Mayweather would poke Khan in the face :rofl:

Is he out of prison yet?
    Apparently, he was arrested and then let go on bail. ATM, the guy's pressing the self destruct button with all his outside the ring issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedepressedchild)
    I think we need to see a fight between Rowan Atkinson vs Mayweather, now that would be fight of the millennium.
    I think Atkinson would clinch it by points :rofl:

I've been waiting for a year almost, was it not supposed to happen March?

If it happens, I just hope it is in summer now (after exams), so I have a chance of being there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Freddie Roach has been the one ramping up Khan-Mayweather and why is he saying it? Because he is Khan's trainer and he's simply pumping up his confidence even further by talking up a fight with Floyd. IMO, Khan isn't too far away from challenging Mayweather. He just needs to calm down this talk of fighting Mayweather and focus on unifying the light welterweight division before thinking anything else. But that's the nature of boxing and sport where individuals, teams can't help but think and talk about events that could happen in the future. And if they get questions about fighting Mayweather then he's not exactly going to say no is he.
    Really? Come on now, as much potential as Khan has, he isn't remotely close to Floyd at this moment in time. Even suggesting the fight is bordering insanity. I personally don't see the fight ever happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hass147)
    Really? Come on now, as much potential as Khan has, he isn't remotely close to Floyd at this moment in time. Even suggesting the fight is bordering insanity. I personally don't see the fight ever happening.
    I never said he was close to Floyd Mayweather. I said he was close to challenging Mayweather and at least fighting him. I was watching Gatti/Mayweather on ESPN yesterday just to re-emphasize how good Floyd is. So quick on the attack and robust in defence.

I think Khan by the end of 2011, depending on how he does in unifying the light welterweight division will be in a stage where he will go up. And if he does then Mayweather is an option. Obviously he'll have one fight at welterweight but why not aim high and go for Mayweather. If Pacquaio/Floyd dont happent then I wouldn't mind seeing Khan/Mayweather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I never said he was close to Floyd Mayweather. I said he was close to challenging Mayweather and at least fighting him. I was watching Gatti/Mayweather on ESPN yesterday just to re-emphasize how good Floyd is. So quick on the attack and robust in defence.

I think Khan by the end of 2011, depending on how he does in unifying the light welterweight division will be in a stage where he will go up. And if he does then Mayweather is an option. Obviously he'll have one fight at welterweight but why not aim high and go for Mayweather. If Pacquaio/Floyd dont happent then I wouldn't mind seeing Khan/Mayweather.
    Tbh these are just more distractions away from the showdown with Pacquiao. If Pacquaio Mayweather does not take place within the next year or so I'd be hugely disappointed. Personally I think Khan would not reach that level where he would be able to fight Floyd at least not by the end of next year, at this moment Floyd is too much of an elusive fighter than Khan. It's just too much of a learning curve to go through within a year. He's got a lot to learn before he stands a 'real' chance against him.

ReputationRep:
    I think Khan can take Money, because Money is getting older, while Khan is getting closer to his peak and he is improving dramatically with every fight. Khan can beat Money after 2 good fights.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.