Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got revenge today ... and it feels great. Is that bad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    Yeah thats exactly what happens with me. Theres the 5minute stare. Then the manager is called. Manager has a 5minute stare. Then it is accepted(sometimes).
    It's quite insulting actually. It's as if Scottish money isn't good enough
    saying that i worked in a supermarket over the summer and i gave someone bank of scotland notes and they looked as though they had been slapped in the face n demanded different change, i was only there for another week or so n i decided to test my luck n said it was the only change i could give him.

I thought hes the sort of person who complains about english not accepting our notes n yet he refuses scot money.

i can understand to some extent english shops not accepting irish sterling since theres seven banks that print different notes so itd be easy to pass them on a fake in which case i think they prob should refuse, i wouldnt want to risk taking in a fake note as you get it taken from your wages in some places. but scot money is only from one bank so no excuse

ReputationRep:
    you should of laced the pennys with small amount of arsenic so from touching them all overtime her hand would get ****ed up.......

you suck at revenge btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was bullied a lot in school. A few days ago, I found out that my worst bully was working the tills during specific known hours at the local supermarket ... so I decided to pay her a visit.

There was something I wanted to buy anyway for £20, so I decided to find it in the smallest change I had and buy it there from this girl. As luck would have it, I had two thousand pennies* ... so I gathered them up, went and got this item, went to her till and presented my bag of two thousand pennies.

She called her manager over and, in the conversation that followed, I said, "So let me get this straight for when I tell the papers - you're going to refuse to accept legal tender?" In the end, the manager just told this girl to count them, and it felt great watching her count all two thousand of them.

Am I mental? Who the hell collects and counts two thousand pennies, then carries them around (they're quite heavy) and then gets such satisfaction from watching someone else have to count them out to make sure there are indeed two thousand of them?

Is it bad that I felt so vindicated after this incident?

* Well, I didn't have all two thousand ... but various friends and family contributed, and I paid them in large coins, so they were happy.
    That is ****ing BOSS... I might just have to do that someday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    As it happens, the shop has no obligation to accept that amount, and indeed there is a maximum usable as legal tender (20p). Extra 'win'?
    What about 21p in 1p's?

ReputationRep:
    That is AWESOMENESS!! Original, slightly pointless, but still f*cking hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    A dish truly best served cold. Atleast it was non-violent and you didn't sink to her decadent level. So kudos for that, although if I were getting revenge on a bully it probably would be violent.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I don't believe you for even a second.

For starters, who even has two thousand pennies lying around?

And secondly, one-pence and two-pence pieces are only legal tender up to twenty pence.

Seems like you trolled a lot of people though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That did occur to me, but I made sure. Multiple times.
    So you basically did it to yourself, multiple times, before you let the girl does it? How is that a fair revenge? Hahahas Well, the manager is clearly lack of knowledge;

1.) He could choose to refuse to sell the goods to you, under the contract law of buying and offering, as it was merely an invitation to treat.

2.) There's a guideline showing the limited amount of coins you can offer to trade as legal tender.

I'm not a law student and I know that.

However, the manager might accepted that out of good will or merely just wanted more coins (save the time to go to the bank though)

I have to admit it was funny though hahas.. but it is not the meanest method I'd say, because with the same identical pennies I could easily build up as to its height. This is what I would do. I would gather all sorts of coins (and some foreign coins as well) in one big bag and I would tell the girl to return the excess amount and the foreign coins. Now that is hard.. hahas

ReputationRep:
    Should have went to the counter, paid with normal notes and arranged for someone to call you at a certain time. Answer the phone, be like 'Mhmm, oh yeah ok, great', etc and then exclaim 'Oh John, that's fantastic, so just to reiterate, you will be buying 1000 blah blahs for £130,000.... pleasure doing business with you'. You then look at old bully like 'So, 'name', how long have you been working here' and have a slight condescending look on your face.

Dressing smart is key here. No one's going to believe that you're some sort of top businesswoman while you're wearing your Mr Men top.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.