Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many people here have never had a girlfriend or boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a bf. I'm kind of shy anyway but I turn even more shy when I'm around a guy I like, so that's not helpful lol. Lack self confidence, too. I only seem to attract/be attracted to jerks. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wish I never had a boyfriend before.. I think I started way too early and have already experienced too many relationships with probably, every sort of guy someone can think of. Oh well. At least I learned and haven't crossed the limits.

Seriously, I find it really cute that some guys here never had a girlfriend before - for decent reasons.

Can someone explain something to me please?
    When people say they do not get male attention what does it mean?
    I don't know what situation I am in.

Guys always talk to me in lesson. Well if I sit next to the obviously. They then add me on facebook and talk to me regurlarly. No asking out or anything just talk.
    Others just joke around, 'poke' me and all these things and some guys walk with me to lessons or wherever I am going.

That is not male attention right? I am really REALLY confused.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najinaji)
    People who I fancy don't fancy me back.
    This

ReputationRep:
    im more interested in football than girls but dont have any confidence when the situation arises, the girl of my dreams is dating a black haired justin beiber look-a-like.
    i dont know if id like a girlfriend quite yet while im still living at home with my parents, but id certainly love the additional benefits

ReputationRep:
    Me, cus i'm mingin and too big!

ReputationRep:
    Me me Not serious relationship anyways, others just don't count for me.. & I think it has to do with the fact that I'm 20 and look like 14 and hell no I don't want a 14 year old boyfriend :P

ReputationRep:
    well then get a 20 year old boyfriend who looks 14! plenty around nowadays, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I don't drink at all, am listening to the soundtrack from the fireworks show at Disneyworld Florida, have an unhealthy obsession with afore-mentioned place, write Sims 2 stories, wrote a novel, do knitting, and have only met 45% of my Facebook friends in real life.

Star Wars is mainstream nerdiness. My nerdy obsessions are actually nerdy. :p:
    Bah, real nerdiness is spending my well-deserved afternoon off after an exam watching a German film for fun.

And before you ask, it was disappointingly mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    Because im not very confident and a bit of a nerd.

Also it seems girls these days think they're owed something because they have a vagina. I wish I had one sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a partner. I'm not really that interested tbh and I'm not desperatley looking for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has said things that apply to me but I can't be bothered to back and find them to quote them...

So... in short little numbered points...

1) Never made the effort to get me one. Oddly it doesn't seem to bother me..

2) Always surrounded by female company, all close friends are female, no males. I think it slightly dulls my desire for one as I don't crave female affection/contact.

3) Relating to the above I assume I am considered as friend material not boyfriend material.

4) I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm hardly a stunner(which sounds a tad negative... I'm not negative! I can be pessimistic about certain things but I like to call it realism, you can be happy happy and realistic! Bubbly realism!) so it could be no one has found me attractive and if they have...they're too shy, or I'm too dense to realise they're flirting and not just being friendly/affectionate, as I'm used to such.

so...yeah!:o:D

I don't like the intimacy.

ReputationRep:
    i've never had a proper girlfriend i think its because i always like people a bit older than me and they see me as a kid.I'm not too bothered though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

There's never been anyone I've liked enough, the opportunity has never arisen, I'm not well enough for it and even if all these factors were different, don't currently have the confidence for it :nah:

ReputationRep:
    ITT: LOSeRS

ReputationRep:
    Like 3 years a go but I don't think it really counts lol I'm not an ugly ****, girls do ask me out but it never works out so i guess it's my personality

ReputationRep:
    ^don't kid yourself

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a boyfriend... I lack confidence... am too picky and haven't found a guy who I like that likes me back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gesiwuj)
    Bah, real nerdiness is spending my well-deserved afternoon off after an exam watching a German film for fun.

And before you ask, it was disappointingly mediocre.
    Ooh, which film? My favourite is Das Leben der Anderen :suith:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.