Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    [/center]

Explain.
    Oh dear I think i was at that gig ^^ as i went to see them when they came to newcastle
    how depressing! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    I know you did say " not meaning to stereotype" or whatever, and then you completely did...

....but it's ok, Im not hating

:p:
    Well I did say the tend to be ... Which does imply that some could not tend to be.

I should stop arguing with someone who's described as being Vengeful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    Well I did say the tend to be ... Which does imply that some could not tend to be.

I should stop arguing with someone who's described as being Vengeful

No matter how much you try to negate the fact you aren't making a generalisation, I am said to report...that tbh, you are :p:

And yes, very wise.....very wise indeed

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?
    1) major successful trolling. kudos

2) musical taste has absolutely no influence on your looks.

i know people who're insanely pretty, confident + don't care what ppl think who only listen to rock

i know some total chavs who are ugly as hell who try to look 'cool' by acting like ****s at parties who only listen to dance/house

tbh nobody i know likes house music

the average person listens to a mix of rock/dance or dubstep/pop/indie/etc. you cant pigeonhole ppl about stuff like this most of the time

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD

Girls put on **** loads of makeup for stuff like house/dance parties (a lot of that vid is in a club as well) but no one gives a **** in rock concerts. and of course, the girls who want attention tend to be the oompa-loompa type girls who look good in a dark club and don't wanna do anything that isn't mainstream like go to a rock concert coz it wouldn't be cool

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't this thread be more like: 'Why is it provocatively dressed, faked tanned, orange, false girls prefer House/Dance Music, whereas girls with a bit of class and very good taste like Rock-type Music??' haha!!
    Only joking, why is it ppl on TSR love to stereotype?? I'm guessing this is just because they so love to be proved wrong
    I Love Rock Music, my faves being: Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses, Muse, Nickelback, Green Day etc etc etc (I Love far too many bands/artists to list them, my Dad used to be a session Musician lol)
    I don't wear make-up, I have glasses but work with Horses so am physically fit and I have been told by a lot of ppl that I am 'pretty', 'attractive' and 'have a nice body' that apprently I should 'show off more' lol - I am not a very confident person and I am a perfectionist so am constantly concerned I don't look perfect, but I'm pretty sure ppl wouldn't tell me these things over and over again if they didnt at least partly mean it, surely??
    If you only see false girls as attractive then you'd have to be exceedingly shallow in order to feel fufilled in Life, either that or you're soon going to realise what you've been missing and take all your stereotyping back when you meet a perfectly lovely 'Rock chick'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)

No matter how much you try to negate the fact you aren't making a generalisation, I am said to report...that tbh, you are :p:

And yes, very wise.....very wise indeed
    Said to report ? :P:

Yes well just for the record despite what I said I don't equate the liking of any type of music to any characteristic

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you've considered this OP, but girls dress/act completely differently if they're at a club compared to a rock gig.
    I would happily attend both, but if I go to bars or clubs I tend to wear fitted dresses, extremely high heels, do my hair and make-up nicely and generally get glammed up.
    However, if I went to a gig I would just wear jeans, flat shoes and a t-shirt/camisole, and not put on as much make-up or over style my hair.

ReputationRep:
    Same goes for guys too I guess. You always see the ugly societal rejects (greebos) go to rock concerts, or 'gigs' (a few hot people too, but generally pretty ugly), but in big House/other Dance parties nearly everyone is super hot with the ugliest people there being moderately above average. Why is this?

Case in point:

vs

Explain.
    Generalisation much mate??

I've been to my fair share or both house/dancy shizz and rocky/heavier gigs - and I'd say that the ratio of fit vs fugly is pretty even.

I mean, you'd do these girls, right?

Rave;

Rock ALAINA BEATON - singer of porcelain and the tramps -;

Kandy;

Rockabilly;

ReputationRep:
    This thread just shows anyone can look hard behind a computer screen. OP, I mean you obviously...

ReputationRep:
    maybe it's about music taste, not 'Oh s**t, I'm ugly! Better crank up that guitar...'

ReputationRep:
    so.... professionally shot and edited video of a party with semi-naked girls....

versus... a video shot on a phone of a gig with fully clothed people, not always focusing on the women, where you can't see anyones face clearly.....

I fully agree with your statment in everyway. NO SARCASM INTENDED. NONE AT ALL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot.Chocolate)
    HAHAHAHAHA. i love this thread.
    i think it's bcs fugly girls try to find a way to hide themselves.. so since rock ( wootttaaa **** music) makes u dress weird n act weird or waeva.. so it's like a camouflage
    Do you want a punch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    This thread just shows anyone can look hard behind a computer screen. OP, I mean you obviously...
    lol how the **** is this looking 'hard'?

i mean, i am literally rock hard right now, but in what sense does this thread directly correlate positively to toughness?

ReputationRep:

Alison Mosshart disproves this whole theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    Generalisation much mate??

I've been to my fair share or both house/dancy shizz and rocky/heavier gigs - and I'd say that the ratio of fit vs fugly is pretty even.

I mean, you'd do these girls, right?

Rave;
    [IMG ]http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/malfine/YoungRavegirls.jpg[/IMG]

Rock ALAINA BEATON - singer of porcelain and the tramps -;
    [IMG ]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8lt1gZRTy7Q/TBWYp3UcWOI/AAAAAAAAAB4/y0UtUhuXyy4/s1600/l_c09fe072251ae40d908173390848fd 6e.jpg[/IMG]

Kandy;
    [IMG ]http://www.stormscellar.com/kandyk.com/media/1/20091212-l_f054746210e8447e857dbe3c6142fd ad.jpg[/IMG]

Rockabilly;
    [IMG ]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/pants_party_photos/pin-up.jpg[/IMG]
    the girl at the front in your first photo looks cute, but the girl behind looks like a beast. the girls in the other photos just look weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armin Tanzarian)

Alison Mosshart disproves this whole theory.
    she really doesn't. she looks like a bloke. and she doesn't even dress well. at least make an effort to look fashionable/attractive you ****ing whore.

ReputationRep:
    WRONG! I'm hot haha :P (Okay, 'superfit' might be pushing it, but I'm by no means ugly )

But then I do listen to both genres and go to both clubs and rock concerts. So maybe I'm just a hybrid haha?

I'd way rather listen to rock/indie than dance any day though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    What on earth is wrong with Muse ?
    I find them very bland, its a personal thing, the only song of theirs I really like is new born and I think that's because I really love haute tension, and its a very prominent song in that film

ReputationRep:
    What happened to all the fit girls loving R'n'B? I find them quite rare these days...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.