Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many songs do you have on iTunes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A lot of them are rubbish though... all the best ones find themselves in smart playlists.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't understand how people have less than 2-3,000 songs unless their collection is entirely physical and they just don't download at all or if they don't even really listen to music that much. There is just so much fantastic music out there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sound like the stupidest person ever but I've got 0. How do I download iTune songs?

ReputationRep:

I haven't downloaded nearly as much as I used to since Spotify came out though.

ReputationRep:
    It is not the number of steps that matters but the depth of their impression.

ReputationRep:
    I have 0. My little sister has some though. Not sure how many.

ReputationRep:
    10848, 31.5 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malkmus)
    Also, I don't understand how people have less than 2-3,000 songs unless their collection is entirely physical and they just don't download at all or if they don't even really listen to music that much. There is just so much fantastic music out there.
    I only have about 2,000, but a good 90% is ripped from CDs which I've only been collecting for about 6 months. The majority of my music listening comes from Spotify or Grooveshark.

ReputationRep:
    11,491 Currently deleting half the crap on it.

ReputationRep:
    1661. Had more, but deleted them, I only have quality songs on there now. :yep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    6239 (which, according to WMP, amounts to 384 hours).

Still got another hundred or so to extract from .rar/.zip files.

Seeing as loads of people seem to think "OMG, what's the point of having so many songs?", I'd like to answer:

I listen to about 4 main genres (and various off-shoots of): Grindcore (and the various sub-genres of), DSBM, Death Metal, and Hardcore Punk. So I can a bit of variety (not that there is much between Grindcore and DM) if I like, plus I have a ****eload of songs of each to keep me entertained. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at 2020 at the moment, but I sync my brother's music to my laptop as well as my own so I don't like half of the stuff that ends up on there!

ReputationRep:
    Approx 5000

ReputationRep:
    604, which I thought was quite a lot until I looked here. Don't listen to a lot of it, but don't you think its sad how you download songs and then dont listen to them after a couple of years. I Wish Itunes would refund :L

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    About 6000 I think.
    Listened to nearly every song at least once/twice because I listen to the albums as I download them, plus I prefer to listen to an album at a time, not a song at a time.

ReputationRep:
    Currently 12044. I don't really understand people who criticise people for having lots of songs on their itunes, I mean, if you don't like more than 1000 songs, thats clearly something lacking in your music choices, rather than something lacking in my ability to discern what sort of music I like, thinking about just how much good music has been made, the amount I have is really rather paltry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Silk Cobra)
    Just wondered how many songs people had on their ITunes?
    I'm at 17,000

119.24Gb.

Hell, it keeps rocketing up :/

I always download something i'm interested in listening to. Most i will listen to, but some will be forgotten about, but often get discovered again in a few months. I always download albums too, in good quality (320 when possible, hate 128 or below). And i have a few biggish compilations for example downloaded Pitchfork's 100 best songs of 2009 and 2010 recently which is about 1.5gb between them but is a good way to listen to a few artists and discover more artists.

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.