Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(A LEVELS) How much are you planning to study in the Christmas holidays? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Extricated)
    Planning 17 hours a day, 7 hours sleep, 17 hours revision.

R.I.P R.S, J.S, M.N re re re :e:e
    im gnna be spending 23:59:59 on rev and the other second u no!

RIP SHU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amscared)
    Out of curiousity what is everybody else getting in the mocks i assume theyve done so far?
    Core 1 - 100 %
    Physics - 85%
    FP1 - ~95% (done a few)
    Biology - 50%
    Chemistry - After holidays

ReputationRep:

r.i.p Rahu

ReputationRep:
    Well, with only one January exam, I'm thinking an hour a day will keep the B's at bay. Crap loads of coursework to do though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extricated)

r.i.p rahu :e:e:e:e
    not 5.....ur gnna flop c1 snm

rip shu :e:e:e:e:e:e:e

ReputationRep:
    "on tht next thing"....got 7 exams:

C1
    c2
    m1
    s1
    chem 1
    bio 1
    phy 1

=) rip shu :e:e:e:e:e:e:e

ReputationRep:
    Probably about 4 hours each day.

Will I stick to that though? Very unlikely :P

Not looking forward to revising Biology and Geography; so much to learn!

ReputationRep:
    oh god i actually need to start revising

i've got, core 1, core 2, statistics 1, decision 1, shap physics, and classics

but i have to finish my art coursework over christmas as well, my life is just going to fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
    But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).
    for the first time, i've written myself a timetable. i'm not working on christmas day or boxing day, but i'm revising all the other days - but not on weekends. even our teacher told us its really important not to stress yourself out and to have your weekends (or at least one day) free EVERY week.

i'm doing 4 modules in january and i've sorted my revision into 3 sessions per day. i work best in short bursts of different subjects so i've got no more than 4 hours each day - most days this is only 3 hours. this is enough and still leaves me with enough time to have days for exam practise and extra revision time, before we even go back to school.

don't stress yourself. when you're in the mood to work, work hard. when you really can't concentrate, get out of the house. do something fun. putting your social life on hold is a bad idea, it will leave you bored and unmotivated. maybe you could arrange with your friends that once a week/fortnight you all get together and do something fun, go out for dinner or just chill? that's what i'm doing and it leaves all of us feeling loads more relaxed, as well as giving an opportunity to ask any questions you weren't sure about!

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    it also depends on what grades you're looking to (realistically) get, and what level you're working at at the moment. i mean, if you want an a* but you're currently at a D, there's a lot more work to be done. but if you're looking for an a and working at about a b or so, you should be fine!

and if your as exams don't work out, you can redo them. i'm doing my a2's and i'm not going extreme on revision, it'll make me worse if i'm stressed out.

ReputationRep:
    I want to do 3 hours of revision a day. Realistically. 4 hours is pushing it.

ReputationRep:
    Did six hours yesterday, let's see if I can continue that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    I'm planning on doing some intensive studying from Monday onwards - including studying through Christmas day (well I'm Muslim so I don't celebrate it anyway.)
    But anyways, what are you guys planning to do and how are you planning to do it? (Eg putting your social life on hold?)

(Btw, this only refers to those of you who have A level exams in January).
    Yeah, I'm gonna be revising hard, except for Christmas and New Years when I'm visiting family and stuff. I don't want to let my teachers down for predicting me A*s :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Managed 3 hours yesterday lol (and I've only got one subject to revise for). Good start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Did six hours yesterday, let's see if I can continue that.
    I wish I could work like this again!

ReputationRep:
    I plan to just go to my library after i pray fajr inshallah and stay there for the whole day and go back home when it closes. I need the grades as i have 3 exams 2 of which are retakes. This is starting from tomorrow assuming my library is open due to the calamities the snow has caused. If that isn't the case then i might go mosque and study there for the whole day. Can't do studying at home, too many people. Good luck to everyone though, i hope everyone achieves what they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahedul)
    That's... not a holiday. Lol.
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollie82)
    for the first time, i've written myself a timetable. i'm not working on christmas day or boxing day, but i'm revising all the other days - but not on weekends. even our teacher told us its really important not to stress yourself out and to have your weekends (or at least one day) free EVERY week.

i'm doing 4 modules in january and i've sorted my revision into 3 sessions per day. i work best in short bursts of different subjects so i've got no more than 4 hours each day - most days this is only 3 hours. this is enough and still leaves me with enough time to have days for exam practise and extra revision time, before we even go back to school.

don't stress yourself. when you're in the mood to work, work hard. when you really can't concentrate, get out of the house. do something fun. putting your social life on hold is a bad idea, it will leave you bored and unmotivated. maybe you could arrange with your friends that once a week/fortnight you all get together and do something fun, go out for dinner or just chill? that's what i'm doing and it leaves all of us feeling loads more relaxed, as well as giving an opportunity to ask any questions you weren't
    sure about!

good luck x
    Hey, have you been put in the mysterious hold category for Bristol Biochemistry?

ReputationRep:
    I only have one exam (AQA economics unit 1) in the mock I got an A so I don't really have an excuse not to get the same grade.
    I've spent the best part of the last few weeks revising 3-5 hours a day which I'm hoping should be consistent throughout the holidays up until the exam

good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    I am at uni but this thread helped me last year when i was revising so if no one minds i will put a checklist of work for me to do!

Today:
    - Notes on all protein lectures
    - Check what notes need doing for module 1

x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.