Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sally
    Subject: Chemistry
    College: University
    Offer: AAA
    How you found out: Letter!!
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Complete shock - it still hasn't sunk in yet!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Computer Science
    College: St Catz
    Offer: Unconditional
    How you found out: email at work. Couldn't open the pdf at first but there was also an attachment called funding (or something similar) so I that was a bit of a clue that things had gone well.
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Incessant, but quiet smiling, smirking, and grinning, like so: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Applied for: Mathematics and Computer Science (GG14)
    Offer: for Computer Science only ( G400)
    College: St. Catherine's
    How you found out: I was in the subway checking my e-mail on the phone, i was pretty sure i hadn't received anything then i saw the e-mail:eek: couldn't open the files, i didn't have enough battery, but I saw the funding file and sort of thought it was an offer. Then checked my e-mail at a friend, and couldn't believe it. I'm still in some sort of shock, i don't think i'm quite aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Rosa
    Subject: Biochemistry
    College: Trinity
    Type: Conditional AAB
    How you found out: Letter this afternoon!
    Reaction: ahhhh!! why the hell is there no one in the house who I can scream to!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: History
    College: University
    Offer: Unconditional
    How you found out: Letter this morning
    Reaction: Handed rest of the post to my dad before examining the stamp on the letter and realising it was from Oxford. He was all, "What's that?" and I decided to be as cool as a cucumber and opened it saying, "Well, I think it might be..." then scanned the letter and went, "Yes, it's an offer from Oxford." I ruined tne cucumber business by squealing a lot afterwards. But I was cool for a second! Sort of.

ReputationRep:
    Name: anqi
    College: Worcester
    Type: Conditional AAA (A in Chemistry)
    How you found out: Email last night
    Reaction: literally screaming and running around the house for 5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Name: Marie
    Subject: History
    College: St. John's
    Type: Conditional - AAA
    How I found out: Rejection from Wadham followed by offer from St. John's through email and the post.
    Reaction: Saw the ominous slimness of the letter, braced myself for rejection and was very pleasantly surprised . I still haven't quite come to grips with it really.

ReputationRep:
    Name : Ibaad
    College: Trinitay
    Course: Medicine

I see everybody posting their offers here, and its amazing that i know how all of you feel. How SURREAL is this.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Adelais
    Subject: English
    College: St. John's
    Type: Unconditional
    How I found out: Email, followed by a letter.
    Reaction: The email was rather unclear, so momentary elation followed by 24 hours of doubt before my letter arrived!

ReputationRep:
    NAME : Alan Stephen
    COURSE : Biochemistry
    OFFER? : AAA with A's in Chemistry and Biology.
    COLLEGE: St. Edmunds Hall
    how I found out? : got an email and my phone vibrated. and turned out that I'd got an email from the college saying I got in. Happiest day of my life. Still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to oxford... :O

this is some chrazy ****t dude!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Sabreen
    Subject: French and Arabic
    How you found out: Letter in the post
    Reaction: *SCREAM* and run to tell the entire family/friends

ReputationRep:
    Name: Jo
    College: LMH
    How i found out: letter in the post this morning
    Reaction: screamed, threw my letter down, ran around the house and text everyone i knew! ahhhhh! my dream has come true

Any other LMH biochemists or just LMHers?

ReputationRep:
    Name: Mai
    Subject: Fine Art
    College: St Catherine's
    Offer: pass in my foundation diploma
    How you found out: checking my e-mail at 11.30 yesterday morning
    Reaction: huge sense of relief in finally finding out! I honestly don't think it's sunk in yet! But it feels amazing

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Materials Science
    College: St Catherine's
    Offer: Conditional, International Baccalaureate with 39 points
    How you found out: checking my email yesterday at my brother's
    Reaction: First calm but then complete shock, wasn't expecting the news. First I was afraid to open the files but the name of the file saying funding or something like that gave me a hint. I'm actually surprised at how calmly I took the news, I just sat there for a while simply reading through the letter. The shock part with the shaking came after I announced the happy news to my brother.
    YAY!! :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Subject: French and Spanish
    College: St. Anne's
    Offer: AAA, including French and Spanish
    Reaction: Ecstatic!!! When I first found out, I was literally screaming and jumping on the spot!!! Then I rang my Mum and cried down the phone!!! Then I stood there grinning at the window waiting for my Dad and brother to come off their walk before being picked up and twirled round my Dad!!! Gosh, I went through it all within the space of about 3 minutes!!! Aaaah still can't believe it and still in shock!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): bridgeinbrooklyn
    Subject: Law
    College: Mansfield
    Offer: completing my current course
    How you found out: Letter
    Reaction: I had braced myself for a rejection but once I saw that there were two pieces of paper in the envelope, my hopes shot up. And then lots of screaming and jumping. I truly didn't think I would get in so i'm over the moon

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): Californian
    Subject: Law
    College: Harris Manchester
    Offer: unconditional - I think
    How you found out: Email from Tutor

Reaction: Throughout this entire week, I was moping around and sure that I was not going to be admitted. I had even prepared my applications to other schools and was going to start sending them out at the beginning of next week at cost of nearly $2000 for 25 applications.

When I heard the news, I couldn't stop jumping for joy - and others in the office came over to see what had happened.

ReputationRep:
    Emma
    Medicine
    Exeter

I did the classic shock/scream/flail
    It's still really surreal! I keep thinking..nahh they must've meant someone else
    See you all there! Wooo x

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Chemistry
    How you found out: Letter
    Reaction: !!! Completely unexpected, but I'm soo happy

ReputationRep:
    Name: Apoorva Joshi
    Subject: Engineering
    College: Open ?
    Offer: AAA in Fmaths Physics
    How you found out: POSTMAN
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Safe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.